John Prine, legendary singer/songwriter died today

How many fucking threads do we need about this?
Feel free to complain. How many complainers do we need? Needs are few, air, water, food, shelter and clothing, the last two dependent on environment- EVERYTHING else is a desire, and the last time I looked you're in charge of your desires, no one else's- well, unless a godvernment acolyte tells you different.

Never heard of him.....and I'm sure the only reason he was mentioned was so the media could claim he died from COVID-19

You'd be wrong. John Prine was a legend among musicians and songwriters.
Who cares.

Millions of Prine fans. I have no problem with you wanting to politicize everything. But this man wrote some amazing songs and inspired musicians of every stripe.
I'm not the person politicizing this guy's death by claiming he died of COVID-19 on a fucking political message board....you are.

The problem with you folks on the left is you only think that lives matter if they serve your political purposes. Everyone else's life is meaningless to you degenerates.

Someone called him the Mark Twain of singer/songwriters. He wrote songs like no one else could. His music was a big part of my life.

Godspeed, John Prine. Thank you for the music.
John Prine Lyrics

"Please Don't Bury Me"

Woke up this morning
Put on my slippers
Walked in the kitchen and died
And oh what a feeling!
When my soul
Went thru the ceiling
And on up into heaven I did ride
When I got there they did say
John, it happened this way
You slipped upon the floor
And hit your head
And all the angels say
Just before you passed away
These were the very last words
That you said:

[Chorus:]
Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size
Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get "em" out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junkman
And give my love to Rose

[Chorus]

Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
Give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me
Hand me down my walking cane
It's a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye

Never heard of him.....and I'm sure the only reason he was mentioned was so the media could claim he died from COVID-19

Who cares.

Millions of Prine fans. I have no problem with you wanting to politicize everything. But this man wrote some amazing songs and inspired musicians of every stripe.
This is not the political forum....shitwhistle is just trolling.

"All" you did?
Yes. That’s it. Do you think I set a trap for you or something?

It was your choice to see what you saw. I didn’t make you see it that way. You did that all by yourself.

Same goes for Larsky.

What's the "something"?
No idea. Only you know what it is.

You said it, did you not?
Yes, but it doesn’t mean I know what you are thinking or motivated you to make your choice.

Who cares.

I'm not the person politicizing this guy's death by claiming he died of COVID-19 on a fucking political message board....you are.

The problem with you folks on the left is you only think that lives matter if they serve your political purposes. Everyone else's life is meaningless to you degenerates.
Wow, you're turning into Billy0000. Whoda thunk?

Who cares.

This is not the political forum....shitwhistle is just trolling.
Mud's gone full blown tribalistic and sees everything as political hence my reference to Billy0000........

Who cares.

I posted the link. How he died is part of the story.

But to claim his death is only mentioned because of how he died is to discount the legion of fans who were touched by his music.

"All" you did?
Yes. That’s it. Do you think I set a trap for you or something?

It was your choice to see what you saw. I didn’t make you see it that way. You did that all by yourself.

Same goes for Larsky.

What's the "something"?
No idea. Only you know what it is.

You said it, did you not?
Yes, but it doesn’t mean I know what you are thinking or motivated you to make your choice.

:huh1:

Who cares.

But to claim his death is only mentioned because of how he died is to discount the legion of fans who were touched by his music.
As well as the myriads of songwriter/singers he influenced.

Who cares.

Uhh..hello? Have you looked at who is posting here? Both the left and the right--and some apolitical. look at the names and tell me this is a lefty thing! You are blinded by your obsession..seek help.

Who cares.

As well as the myriads of songwriter/singers he influenced.

Very true.

You’d be grossly mistaken dip shit
Fuck you too faggot.
Now that is hilarious, coming from someone who spends his entire day on his knees licking trump's balls.
Coming from a prick that tongued the Klingons out of Obama's sphincter for the last 12 years, that seems a bit rich.
FAIL.

Forum List

Back