Jolly old England is not so jolly now.

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Italy defeats England to win the in the Euro 2020 championship.

I don't follow the game much, but caught the last 10 min.
First chance for England to win this in a long time....and it's all gone.

Sorry about that.

Every 20 or so years they get an opportunity...and they summarily blow it...they tanked...again

I believe the British term is "Bottle Jobs".

Fuck em...and their vampire queen.

One more example of the fact that "football" is a stupid, stupid game. Everyone who wasted those hours watching that debacle deserves a refund. Who cares who "won"? The result was bullshit, having nothing to do with the actual game. They might as well have flipped a fucking coin.

One more example of the fact that "football" is a stupid, stupid game. Everyone who wasted those hours watching that debacle deserves a refund. Who cares who "won"? The result was bullshit, having nothing to do with the actual game. They might as well have flipped a fucking coin.

It's entertainment.

It wouldn't be entertaining if you knew who was going to win.

We have good Super Bowls some years, and often, we have really bad Super Bowls. That game was an example of a bad Super Bowl, think Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots from a few years ago.

this is what's it's all about. we are football

E6FInhcWUAEjb03

In the most pressure-filled moment in English football over the past 55 years, the manager selected a 21 year-old and a 19 year-old who've won absolutely nothing in their professional careers to take the spot kicks, after replacing a 30 year-old and a 31 year-old, both who've won everything, with two minutes left in extra time.

Simply one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in sports.

In the most pressure-filled moment in English football over the past 55 years, the manager selected a 21 year-old and a 19 year-old who've won absolutely nothing in their professional careers to take the spot kicks, after replacing a 30 year-old and a 31 year-old, both who've won everything, with two minutes left in extra time.

Simply one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in sports.
Great point. Imagine the coach is being vilified by the press in England

Forum List

Back