Jolly Wins! ObamaCare Loses!

Oh wow! The Republican won an election in a heavily tilted, historically Republican district with millions of dollars from outside Republican special interest groups... barely, and within the margin of error. Hmmmm. :eusa_whistle:

Millions of outside dollars really care to explain how the Democrat Sink out spent him 4 to 1 I believe it was.
Even falser! :lol:

In an election which has national significance, first time campaigner, Republican David Jolly wins in Florida election!

1. "Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care

2. Republican David Jolly wins Fla. congressional special election in test race over health care...."
Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care - ABC News

3. "After almost $9 million in outside spending, a storm of attacks and counterattacks and endless speculation about its implications for the midterms, voters have cast their ballots in the Florida special congressional election on Tuesday.
The stakes are particularly high for Democrats..."
2014 Florida special election: David Jolly, Alex Sink - POLITICO.com

[MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION]

FL-13 is now an R+1 district on the Presidential level, but an R+15 district on the congressional level before the last Representative, Bill Young, unfortunately died. There are no national ramifications to this race, being a special election. Had the Democrat won, I would be saying the same thing. Again, a Republican just won in this district by over +15 in 2012, and yet, this race was practically a draw this time. If I were a Republican, I would not be crowing about that fact.

I already noted alot of this in January:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...re-was-an-election-last-night-in-fl-13-a.html

If you will note, already in January, I stated that this is "advantage Republican". The stats were pointing to a GOP win even then.

Also, this covers the seat only until January 2015. The regular election for the next congress will still be held in November.

Math trumps propaganda every time.

Oh wow! The Republican won an election in a heavily tilted, historically Republican district with millions of dollars from outside Republican special interest groups... barely, and within the margin of error. Hmmmm. :eusa_whistle:

Another posting parrot.
Hey, Obama won the district twice. The Democrat was a veteran and far better known.

No, this was an upset victory for the GOP. People dont want Obamacare. They will send the Dems packing in November.

Breaking news! Obama wasn't running this time... it was Mr. Jolly... and he barely won by cheating somehow I'll warrant.
Darn, someone called it. Yeah, it was because of cheating that the unknown Republican beat the well known Democrat in a district that votes for Democrats. Not because people are up in arms over Obamacare and the shitty handling of everything the Democrats have done for the last 5 years.

Obama won that district in 2012, Sink won that district in 2010 when she ran for Governor and Sink won that district in 2006 when she was elected CFO.

This is Jolly's first campaign ever.

And as has already been mentioned on this thread Jolly was outspent by Sink big time.
That's false.

Lair!

Though both candidates relied on outside contributions from groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, NRCC, DCCC, American Crossroads and the House Majority PAC, on an individual level, Sink trumped Jolly by raising more than $2.5 million to Jolly’s $1.04 million. Following the numbers provided by OpenSecrets, total outside spending on behalf of each candidate comes to more than $4.3 million. Combined, the overall total amount outside groups spent on Florida’s 13th Congressional District comes to about $8.7 million, an amount that has been popularly rounded up to $9 million for illustrative purposes.
What Today?s Special Election in Florida Reveals About November - ABC News

Another posting parrot.
Hey, Obama won the district twice. The Democrat was a veteran and far better known.

No, this was an upset victory for the GOP. People dont want Obamacare. They will send the Dems packing in November.

Breaking news! Obama wasn't running this time... it was Mr. Jolly... and he barely won by cheating somehow I'll warrant.
Darn, someone called it. Yeah, it was because of cheating that the unknown Republican beat the well known Democrat in a district that votes for Democrats. Not because people are up in arms over Obamacare and the shitty handling of everything the Democrats have done for the last 5 years.

Yes, but you just lied out your ass.

That district votes for REPUBLICANS.

Young held that seat before he died, he just won FL-13 by +15 in 2012.

Obama did win this CD in 2012, by less than one point. But you don't compare presidential results to congressional results, you compare congressional results to congressional results.

Care to try again, or do you just wanna hack away?

Obama did win this CD in 2012, by less than one point. But you don't compare presidential results to congressional results, you compare congressional results to congressional results.

Speaking of lying out of your ass.
The district voted for A REPUBLICAN. The guy who died was in power from the Nixon years. That was the Republican they voted for.
They voted for Sink in the last gubernatorial election.
They voted for Obama in the last 2presidential elections.

Do you have an honest bone in your body? Is there no shame?

Speaking of lying out of your ass.
The district voted for A REPUBLICAN. The guy who died was in power from the Nixon years. That was the Republican they voted for.
They voted for Sink in the last gubernatorial election.
They voted for Obama in the last 2presidential elections.

Do you have an honest bone in your body? Is there no shame?

So, fuckwad, again, you don't compare presidential election results per CD to congressional election results. You don't compare gubernatorial election results per CD to congressional election results. You compare CONGRESSIONAL ELECTION RESULTS per CD to CONGRESSIONAL ELECTION RESULTS in the same CD or corresponding area (due to redistricting). That's what the adults in the room do.

The other stuff is cosmetic and sometimes fun to compare, but has no real bearing on a local election, and a CD election IS a local election.

And Young stayed in office long after Nixon. Bet yer gonna go around saying that Nixon wasn't a Republican either.

Yepp, yer just as much a dick as I thought you were. No way you are a Rabbi, Rabbis don't act this way. That's the friendly way of saying fuck you to you.

1. The governor's race in Virginia was a referendum on Obamacare, remember? Democrats won.

2. This race was a referendum on Obamacare, the Republican won. That would make it a 1 to 1 tie on Obamacare referendums, if you believe a South Florida house race is as important as a gubernatorial race in a major state like Virginia.

3. Jolly ran against Obamacare, but he ran against it mainly on the old Obamacare canard that the law was going to take Medicare away from seniors...

...Republicans scaring seniors by demagoguing about Medicare cuts. Sound familiar? It's what conservatives used to delight in accusing Democrats of.

4. Obamacare will never be repealed, even if the GOP gets a Senate majority and the Presidency in 2016.

Obama won that district in 2012, Sink won that district in 2010 when she ran for Governor and Sink won that district in 2006 when she was elected CFO.

This is Jolly's first campaign ever.

And as has already been mentioned on this thread Jolly was outspent by Sink big time.
That's false.

As usual...you're wrong. From the Associated Press.

"Sink outspent Jolly by more than 3 to 1 on television advertising, though outside groups aligned with the GOP helped narrow the overall Democratic advantage."

Link to the full article. Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats

Funny....Larry Sabato and other left leaning pundits picked the Democrat to win. A Democrat who outspent the Republican by a 3-1 margin. A Democrat who was well known in the State versus a nobody. But yeah...the election means nothing. :lol:

In an election which has national significance, first time campaigner, Republican David Jolly wins in Florida election!

1. "Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care

2. Republican David Jolly wins Fla. congressional special election in test race over health care...."
Republican David Jolly Wins Fla. Congressional Special Election in Test Race Over Health Care - ABC News

3. "After almost $9 million in outside spending, a storm of attacks and counterattacks and endless speculation about its implications for the midterms, voters have cast their ballots in the Florida special congressional election on Tuesday.
The stakes are particularly high for Democrats..."
2014 Florida special election: David Jolly, Alex Sink - POLITICO.com

It's the coming trend. Democrat-care has been the straw that broke the camel's back, if you will. :thup: Everyone knows someone who has been hurt by it, and likely, in addition, to themselves.

It didn't break a camel's back, it broke 6.4 million of them. If you know what I mean.

Funny....Larry Sabato and other left leaning pundits picked the Democrat to win. A Democrat who outspent the Republican by a 3-1 margin. A Democrat who was well known in the State versus a nobody. But yeah...the election means nothing. :lol:

But you will notice, I didn't. In fact, in January, I was already writing that it is advantage GOP in this election. The demographics of the district are simply more favorable to the GOP, especially at the state and local level.

Quite a victory.

A Republican seat for 40 years..stays Republican.

Pop the corks.

Might it surprise you to know that Obama won that district twice in both elections? Or are we forgetting that?

Obama won it by less than 1% in 2012 and by less than 3% in 2008. That means "swing" CD in terms of presidential elections, which has absolutely nothing to do with congressional elections, esp. special elections to fill a vacancy.

Only in a state like Nebrasksa or Maine, where the electors (excepting two of them) are divvied up according to CD winner, a pres comparison to the congressional race comparision is pretty silly and is apples to oranges, which I have already explained two or three times on this thread.

I posted this on another thread but I think it belongs here:

Member #27234

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Talk about outside money! The Democrats spent four times what the Republicans spent on this Special Election, most of it from out of State sources, (501 c4's?), and still lost.
It's true that this district was held by a longtime Republican who died in office, but Obama took it in 08 and 12. The former Congressman from this district was a Republican but his popularity goes way back, 50 years to be sure, and that's why it was held by a Republican, not because of the popularity of the Republicans, but rather the popularity of the man.
Make no mistake, Obama Care and the other White House scandals are sinking the Democrats in this years elections!!

CRY, CRY, BOO-HOO-HOO, Tell it to yo mammy, maby she'll cry with you!! HA HA.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/1...on-jolly-wins/

But you will notice, I didn't. In fact, in January, I was already writing that it is advantage GOP in this election. The demographics of the district are simply more favorable to the GOP, especially at the state and local level.

Gotta question for you. How can you explain why that district in particular went for Obama in both elections? Would that make that a swing district? In this case, it swung toward the Republican candidate.

Forum List

Back