🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

Tortillas and refried beans are served at EVERY meal. If you get bread and ask for butter, they give you lard. Too much lard down there, and yes, I used to live in Mexico. Can't beat our senora's fresh lemonaid in the afternoon, but in general the meals aren't any healthier than American food and some of them are just as bad. Lot's of frying down there and all of it in lard.

Honey, I hate to break the news to you, but you were not eating Mexican food. You were eating food IN Mexico... You chose it.

Lard was introduced into the Mexican cuisine by Americans... Weird, huh?

Americans like to change other people's cuisine and improve it. Pizza as we know it isn't Italian. It's American. Pizza in Italy bears very little resemblance to ours. Chow mein and fortune cookies? American.

Give us a cuisine, and we'll say, "We can make that better . . . probably by deep frying it."

Well, like I said, tortillas and refried beans at EVERY meal.

Neither has to be made with lard, though, and both can be quite good for you if they aren't. Like many cuisines, the least healthy versions are the ones used by the poorest members of that culture. Lard is a large health concern in the diets of North American aborigines (we used to know them as Indians) living on reservations as well, because it's the cheapest cooking oil they can get, and they suffer from enormous nutrition issues. Those who live in the city rather than the reservations, of course, don't have those problems, because they aren't as poor.

Baja Mexican food, for example, includes a lot of fish and seafood and fresh vegetables. They also serve black beans rather than refried.

Honey, I hate to break it to you but I lived with a Mexican family and we ate what they ate.

If all you ate was larded food, then they were just being kind to their "gringo"
guest. Did you not get out much while you lived there?

Typical Mexican food...chicken, fish (red snapper, grouper, etc.) pork (in the Yucatan), rice, beans (not the gringo refried crap), avacadoes, tomatoes, onions, greens,peppers, corn, tortillas (Mexicans use these sparingly as a complement to a meal....and are mostly grilled or baked, not fried in lard).

This is very much like the Mediterean diet. Mexicans, like Italians and Spanish are not fat people....

Neither has to be made with lard, though, and both can be quite good for you if they aren't.
I often make seasoned black beans for my kids (black beans, onions, carrots, green pepper, celery, chopped tomatoes, cooked slow until they are very tender) and then we eat them over brown rice. Yums.

If all you ate was larded food, then they were just being kind to their "gringo"
guest. Did you not get out much while you lived there?

Typical Mexican food...chicken, fish (red snapper, grouper, etc.) pork (in the Yucatan), rice, beans (not the gringo refried crap), avacadoes, tomatoes, onions, greens,peppers, corn, tortillas (Mexicans use these sparingly as a complement to a meal....and are mostly grilled or baked, not fried in lard).

This is very much like the Mediterean diet. Mexicans, like Italians and Spanish are not fat people....

"gringas" there were 4 of us, all girls, in a household of girls. Our senora had lost her husband and had to take in borders to survive. When he was alive she was wealthy, had a maid and everything, but when he died, he left her with the house and that was it.

Beautiful house too.

Oh, and our senora complained because her maid went to America because she could make more money there. Ironic, isn't it?

I often make seasoned black beans for my kids (black beans, onions, carrots, green pepper, celery, chopped tomatoes, cooked slow until they are very tender) and then we eat them over brown rice. Yums.

I like to snack on reduced-fat corn chips and fresh pico de gallo. All kinds of good, and a low-fat alternative to potato chips.

This is a funny thread. :cuckoo: Now we're on mexican food? Good thing there is no 'stay on topic' cops.

"gringas" there were 4 of us, all girls, in a household of girls. Our senora had lost her husband and had to take in borders to survive. When he was alive she was wealthy, had a maid and everything, but when he died, he left her with the house and that was it.

Beautiful house too.

Oh, and our senora complained because her maid went to America because she could make more money there. Ironic, isn't it?

I hope you were a "legal" alien, antennas and all..:eek:

"In my sweet dreams we are in a bar and it's my birthday, drinking salty margueritas with Fernando".

Bonnie Raitt song

Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”
Thu, 11/06/2008 - 17:10 — Judicial Watch Blog
Arizona’s Supreme Court chief justice has agreed to enforce the Hispanic Bar Association’s demands of banning the terms “illegal” and “aliens” in all of the state’s courtrooms.
Claiming that the terms are inflammatory, the president of Arizona’s Hispanic Bar Association, (known as Los Abogados) has asked state Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth McGregor to stop using them at trials or hearings because they create perceptions of judicial bias.

Judge Bans Use Of ?Illegal? and ?Aliens? | Judicial Watch
He cant ban shit, that goes against the 1rst Amendment, well at least the 1rst Amendment still counts in my home state....

What would they do without Mexico's oil?

(Mexico being America's 3rd largest importer of oil)

What would we do if Mexico refused to sell us oil? Wait a month until their ramshackle economy completely collapsed, then negotiate new trade agreements with the new government.

Forum List

Back