Judge Blocks Oklahoma’s Ban on Using Shariah Law in Court

To be fair, we already have religious courts in the US. The Catholic Church grants religious divorces and there are jewish courts called Beit Din which resolve disputes between jews based on Jewish law.

Obviously, that's a purely voluntary thing for people of the same culture, but it does exist.

Aren't those 'courts' only working within the the legal framework of the 'faith'? Example if the Catholic Church issued a Certificate of Marriage in the church, it's power is limited to dissolving that certificate 'within' the faith (those divorced within the church need to also obtain a legal (US court system) divorce to be legally binding. It has no legal bearing, other than to serve as witness with the documentation of the ceremony.

Why is it when islam is showed to use despicable methods, all the libs run to point out others do it too. Since when does one wrong doing make it okay to do another?

A better question is why do liberals tolerate Islamic theocracy.....yet scream bloody murder at the top of their lungs at the merest whiff of Christian theology.....?

Good question. Would any of you "non-conservatives" care to answer?

History has demonstrated in countries that were willing to 'allow' Sharia courts (were it didn't interfere with that country's laws) end up, undermining the countries' laws. It makes a stain.

Would you please list the country(s) where this has happened?

Or did you just make it up as usual? :doubt:

France
England
Netherlands
Germany
Austria (now yodelers are in trouble with muslims for doing a traditional music)
Norway
Russia
Denmark

There are 85 Sharia courts in Britain that are now legally binding.

slamic sharia law courts in Britain are exploiting a little-known legal clause to make their verdicts officially binding under UK law in cases including divorce, financial disputes and even domestic violence.

A new network of courts in five major cities is hearing cases where Muslims involved agree to be bound by traditional sharia law, and under the 1996 Arbitration Act the court's decisions can then be enforced by the county courts or the High Court.

Officials behind the new system claim to have dealt with more than 100 cases since last summer, including six involving domestic violence which is a criminal rather than civil offence, and said they hoped to take over growing numbers of 'smaller' criminal cases in future.

Read more: Islamic sharia courts in Britain are now 'legally binding' | Mail Online
Eventually, we will have Sharia Courts here in America.

Cause creeping sharia will make it happen. :cool:

I guess this would be the perfect time for muslims in the USA to "reform" islam. They could unite in this country to denounce the political side of islam and embrace the spiritual side. It would demonstrate that they are leaders that are more interested in freedom, than in promoting the hatred taught by islam to hate all that is not islam. How many will stand up and denounce Sharia as the political portion of islam that has no place in this country?

There are 85 Sharia courts in Britain that are now legally binding.
Eventually, we will have Sharia Courts here in America.

Cause creeping sharia will make it happen. :cool:

I guess this would be the perfect time for muslims in the USA to "reform" islam. They could unite in this country to denounce the political side of islam and embrace the spiritual side. It would demonstrate that they are leaders that are more interested in freedom, than in promoting the hatred taught by islam to hate all that is not islam. How many will stand up and denounce Sharia as the political portion of islam that has no place in this country?

No Muslim can condemn Shariah without being outcast from the Muslim community.

No real muslim will ever denounce Sharia.

And Islam doesn't need so called reform; it is fine just like it is.

America will have some form of Sharia Law within a couple of generations.

How much, and to what degree; will be determined when the people vote it in. :cool:

How much, and to what degree; will be determined when the people vote it in. :cool:

Within Sharia law, there are a group of "Haram" offenses which carry severe punishments. These include pre-marital sexual intercourse, sex by divorced persons, post-marital sex, adultery, false accusation of unlawful intercourse, drinking alcohol, theft, and highway robbery.

Sunni how can Shariah law be compatible with American society? these rules seem really restrictive, I can't believe all Muslims would be fine living under this.

Sharia law: A brief introduction

Sunni how can Shariah law be compatible with American society? these rules seem really restrictive, I can't believe all Muslims would be fine living under this.
To claim to be a muslim and not want Sharia Law doesn't compute.

It would be like a person who says they are a christian, but doesn't believe in the Bible. :eek:

As the article states; non muslims do not have to follow Sharia Law.

And every muslim nation has has different degrees as to how much they follow sharia law.

America with have to decide who much sharia it will allow for muslim people to follow. :cool:

It would be like a person who says they are a christian, but doesn't believe in the Bible. :eek:

And every muslim nation has has different degrees as to how much they follow sharia law.

America with have to decide who much sharia it will allow for muslim people to follow. :cool:

But not every Muslim follows Islam to a T, there are Muslims in Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt etc that go out drinking, smoking, sleeping with woman etc. I don't think these Muslims would be happy to live under Shariah and give up their freedoms. You shouldn't have to follow everything in the Quran verbatim to be considered a Muslim, just like every Christian doesn't follow every word in the bible.

But not every Muslim follows Islam to a T, there are Muslims in Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt etc that go out drinking, smoking, sleeping with woman etc. I don't think these Muslims would be happy to live under Shariah and give up their freedoms. You shouldn't have to follow everything in the Quran verbatim to be considered a Muslim, just like every Christian doesn't follow every word in the bible.
True.

Every muslim nation follows Sharia to varyng degrees.

But the basis of their laws are Sharia.

The people are a reflection of how much Sharia Law is enforced by their nation.

True.

Every muslim nation follows Sharia to varyng degrees.

But the basis of their laws are Sharia.

I figured that was the case, not every Muslim country follows Shariah to a T, like in Saudi Arabia or Taliban Afghanistan. I'm assuming the Muslims in the US don't want to follow under harsh restrictions like the ones I listed above.

I figured that was the case, not every Muslim country follows Shariah to a T, like in Saudi Arabia or Taliban Afghanistan. I'm assuming the Muslims in the US don't want to follow under harsh restrictions like the ones I listed above.
Some do, and some don't.

People in the West think that muslins are like robots.

And that they all think exactly alike.

We are diverse as any other people in the world.

And have as many opinions as any other group of people. :eusa_angel:

Indeed. And the stronger the enforcement, the weaker the people's choices.

Some do, and some don't.

I don't doubt that, I for one would like to hear different Muslims takes on Shariah law and whether they like it, dont like it, etc.

They would probably like systems similar to Canada and England. I mean the men would. The women are not permitted to have an opinion.

LOL, muslim or not; have you ever known a woman who doesn't express her opinion?? :lol:

They had better be expressing it where only those men who accept their rights to express their opinion is 'allowed'.

Otherwise they are in for a world of hurt.

Iran? A pretty strong version of "the one true law".

article-1293232-0A5F76B5000005DC-97_468x286.jpg

Click

Then the muslims that do not want to denounce Sharia law must be here to "force their religion onto others".

Some do, and some don't.

Where are the "diverse" muslims denouncing Sharia??????

Some do, and some don't.

I don't doubt that, I for one would like to hear different Muslims takes on Shariah law and whether they like it, dont like it, etc.

Well the problem with your question is that what you might hear are really actions.

Some Muslims couldn't care less about Sharia law. Some pick and choose which part they like. Some are really into it. And then you have to add on top of that all the different interpretations, variations, etc.

It's like asking what do the Christians think of Christian law (rules regarding marriage, ten commandments, celebrating Christmas, etc.)

Forum List

Back