Judge Blocks Oklahoma’s Ban on Using Shariah Law in Court

Some do, and some don't.

People in the West think that muslins are like robots.

And that they all think exactly alike.

We are diverse as any other people in the world.

And have as many opinions as any other group of people. :eusa_angel:

I don't doubt that, I for one would like to hear different Muslims takes on Shariah law and whether they like it, dont like it, etc.

Well the problem with your question is that what you might hear are really actions.

Some Muslims couldn't care less about Sharia law. Some pick and choose which part they like. Some are really into it. And then you have to add on top of that all the different interpretations, variations, etc.

It's like asking what do the Christians think of Christian law (rules regarding marriage, ten commandments, celebrating Christmas, etc.)

Thats just it, I would like to hear varying opinions from Muslims on Shariah law.

You won't hear from Muslim women here. In fact, I don't think they are permitted to talk to strange men on the internet. Or anywhere else.

Check out some Canadian blogs. Some of the female victims have spoken out. Of course, they are no longer "true Muslims" now. They had to trade their religion for freedom.

You won't hear from Muslim women here. In fact, I don't think they are permitted to talk to strange men on the internet. Or anywhere else.

Check out some Canadian blogs. Some of the female victims have spoken out. Of course, they are no longer "true Muslims" now. They had to trade their religion for freedom.

LOL, you post some silly nonsense.

Muslim women here will talk to anyone that they want to talk to; when they want to talk. :cool:

Muslim women here will talk to anyone that they want to talk to; when they want to talk. :cool:

Sunni, how many Muslims in the world would support Christian law in their Muslim countries?
Would you support Christian law in a Muslim country?

Sunni, how many Muslims in the world would support Christian law in their Muslim countries?
I was born and raised here in America.

So I am only concerned about what happens here in America.

What they do or don't do in other countries is really of no concern to me. :cool:

What they do or don't do in other countries is really of no concern to me. :cool:

What Muslim country supports Christian law in their Muslim country?
Why not?

Why not?
Don't know and don't care. :cool:

Why not?

When Muslims were persecuted in Serbia you didn't care?
You never wanted US intervention there. Just let them slaughter all the Muslims there and Sunni Man "doesn't know and doesn't care"
because he was "born in America"

Ok, if you say so.

Why not?

You never wanted US intervention there. Just let them slaughter all the Muslims there and Sunni Man "doesn't know and doesn't care"
Your original question had to do with internal laws within a muslim nation.

Again, that is none of my business; their country, their laws.

Now you are posting a totally different question and situation.

As muslims we are definatly concerned with fellow muslims who are invaded by non muslim (kufar) armies.

And it is our duty to support them how ever we can. :cool:

But not when they come over and attack us here? Before nine eleven, there was no issue with Iran or Afghanistan with regards to Kufar?

So, what happens there should stay there, and what happens here should not be taken there . . . until there becomes here. :razz:

Exclusionary...

Your original question had to do with internal laws within a muslim nation.

Again, that is none of my business; their country, their laws.

Now you are posting a totally different question and situation.

As muslims we are definatly concerned with fellow muslims who are invaded by non muslim (kufar) armies.

And it is our duty to support them how ever we can. :cool:

That's good to hear Sunni Man. I'd be interested in chatting with some Muslim women.

High Gravity - here's some info about the discrimination and oppression of women under Sharia Law in Britain.

According to Maryam Namazie, spokesperson of the One Law for All Campaign and an author of the report, “The existence of a parallel legal system that is denying a large section of the British population their fundamental human rights is scandalous. Our findings show that it is essential to abolish all religious courts in the UK. Their very existence and legitimisation puts pressure on vulnerable women not to assert their civil rights in a British court. As long as Sharia Councils and Tribunals are allowed to continue to make rulings on issues of family law, women will be pressured into accepting decisions which are prejudicial to them and their children.”

The report recommends that Sharia courts be closed on the grounds that they work against rather than for equality, and are incompatible with human rights.

New Report ? Sharia Law in Britain ? A Threat to One Law for All and Equal Rights - One law for all

One Law for All. Who could have a problem with that? :confused:

I fail to see the relevance of this question. Are you implying the US is a Christian/theological state?

I am asking a question directly.
To imply is to indirectly make statements.

Ok then.

More than you may think:

Religion in Syria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In matters of personal status, such as birth, marriage, and inheritance, the Christian, Jewish, and Druze minorities follow their own legal systems. All other groups, in such matters, come under the jurisdiction of the Muslim code.

UNHCR | Refworld | Egypt: In the case of a Coptic Christian married couple, possibility of a court forcing the husband to divorce his wife if she converts to Islam; whether the Muslim religion obliges a woman to divorce her husband because of her con

Islam is Egypt's official state religion and the country's legislation is primarily based on Islamic law, or Sharia (US 15 Sept. 2006, Sec. 2; CEOHR 30 May 2005, 1). However, according to the International Religious Freedom Report 2006, Egyptian family law takes into account the edicts associated with Islam, Judaism and Christianity – the three religions the country officially recognizes (US 15 Sept. 2006, Sec. 2). As the report states, "Muslim families are subject to Sharia, Christian families to canon law, and Jewish families to Jewish law" (ibid.).
(emphasis mine)

So I guess the answer is, many Muslim countries have Christian laws in their countries.

I fail to see the relevance of this question. Are you implying the US is a Christian/theological state?

I am asking a question directly.
To imply is to indirectly make statements.

Ok then.

More than you may think:

Religion in Syria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In matters of personal status, such as birth, marriage, and inheritance, the Christian, Jewish, and Druze minorities follow their own legal systems. All other groups, in such matters, come under the jurisdiction of the Muslim code.

UNHCR | Refworld | Egypt: In the case of a Coptic Christian married couple, possibility of a court forcing the husband to divorce his wife if she converts to Islam; whether the Muslim religion obliges a woman to divorce her husband because of her con

Islam is Egypt's official state religion and the country's legislation is primarily based on Islamic law, or Sharia (US 15 Sept. 2006, Sec. 2; CEOHR 30 May 2005, 1). However, according to the International Religious Freedom Report 2006, Egyptian family law takes into account the edicts associated with Islam, Judaism and Christianity – the three religions the country officially recognizes (US 15 Sept. 2006, Sec. 2). As the report states, "Muslim families are subject to Sharia, Christian families to canon law, and Jewish families to Jewish law" (ibid.).
(emphasis mine)

So I guess the answer is, many Muslim countries have Christian laws in their countries.

That is a good read and I appreciate it.

That is a good read and I appreciate it.

I think a lot of Muslim countries will have special courts for Christians, but I am not sure it is a plus, since it must lead to discrimination and separation.

The problem is that Muslim countries won't have secular courts. In a number of those countries, you can't have civil marriages for example (Lebanon comes to mind). So it's kind of a separate but equal approach, which I am no fan of.

Losing?

Lost...

What a snide stupid thing to say..."law of their choice"....haha

So...tell us exactly what is the Oklahoma law about....???

You don't think CAIR is conducting what is known as stealth jihad....? You are more ignorant than you sound...here is what the co-founder, Omar Ahmad, said:

"Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam ... Islam isn't in America to be equal to
any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book
of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

*Anti-CAIR* Defending America from the Council on American-Islamic Relations

And if you don't think Sharia law isn't a threat to America....just take a look at England where it is gaining a foothold...

WTF do the English know anyway?
The dumb bastards call soccer "football".

Exactly....the dumb bastards are losing their country....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2VkIu8TL_I[/ame]

Forum List

Back