Judge Ellis Loses Patience with Mueller Prosecutors and Ends Court Early

“Rein in your facial expressions,” Ellis admonished.

seriously ? facial expressions irk this moron ?

it wont be long before Mueller sends that dumbass back to traffic court.

Mueller is going to "send" a judge "back to traffic court"? Man, you don't understand how the legal system works AT ALL.

And it's not at all uncommon for judges to admonish lawyers about reining in their facial expressions. You are not allowed to sit and make exaggerated expressions while your opposition is speaking. It is a distraction, and can even rise to the level of constituting an interruption. Lawyers are supposed to be legal professionals, arguing according to a set of rules of conduct, not melodramatic clowns.
Hes a leftist voter, what do you expect from the biggest uninformed voting block in the world.

Idiots, the lot of them

I dont vote left, youre a f'n idiot.
You think Muller is going to admonish a sitting judge and I'm the idiot?

Fucking hysterical and only further proves my point.

not quite - add gramps to the idiot list and make 3 .....

A wise man realizes if multiple people misunderstands what he is saying, the problem isn’t with them

The prosecution is behaving like idiots. Didn't democrats call Mueller and company the best of the best?

There is a legal maxim. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit.

If all Mueller has is bullshit he is not going to be allowed to continue.

I am starting to wonder if the judge is turning this into a show trial to let Mueller hang himself and lose all credibility.

Or, is the prosecution continuing to defy the judge's orders to have him
declare a mistrial and try this case later with a different judge.

Yikes. This looks like it’s heading for a mistrial at best. I hope the defense is preparing a motion for dismissal with prejudice
all i could hear coming into this was how good mueller is and manafort must suck and the left has gone nuts even though this has zero to do with russia.

now they can't even get through the first week of the trial w/o having the judge spank them not once but twice. 2nd one after making the same mistake AGAIN.

wonder if this is also a sign of how well the RUSSIA investigation is going.
It wasn’t about Manafort. It was about getting immunity for Podesta. The immunity stands. Mueller has already accomplished what he set out to do regarding the Manafort debacle...
then what would be the point in embarrassing yourself in front of a judge?

I hope the defense is preparing a motion for dismissal with prejudice

I think that's standard operating procedure for almost any criminal trial. Of course in may

Mueller is going to "send" a judge "back to traffic court"? Man, you don't understand how the legal system works AT ALL.

And it's not at all uncommon for judges to admonish lawyers about reining in their facial expressions. You are not allowed to sit and make exaggerated expressions while your opposition is speaking. It is a distraction, and can even rise to the level of constituting an interruption. Lawyers are supposed to be legal professionals, arguing according to a set of rules of conduct, not melodramatic clowns.
This behavior indicates the case is so weak that they are in fear of losing the case. All they have is misconduct in order to bias the jury.. This is not going to end well for them..

the judge is on record saying he wants to get it over asap ..... whining about lawyers facial expressions is beyond pathetic for a judge.

Its not a "whine" when a judge makes the complaint.

Its a question of Contempt of Court, and IMHO, I would not be surprised to see Mueller locked up 6 months for contempt for bringing this political show trial forward in the first place.

This isn't 1930's Russia, Mueller isn't Yezhov and Manafort isn't the Promparty.

4 days and 4 admonishments for prosecutorial misconduct from the bench... How many more will be allowed before the judge tosses the case?

It will be allowed until the end of next week when the guilty verdicts are read.

Manafort's tax preparer and his two book keepers all testified that they were not informed of the existence of overseas accounts.

There is the intent.

There is nothing that can save Manafort.

This behavior indicates the case is so weak that they are in fear of losing the case. All they have is misconduct in order to bias the jury.. This is not going to end well for them..

More likely it indicates that you have no idea of how airtight the evidene against Manafort is.

The prosecution is behaving like idiots. Didn't democrats call Mueller and company the best of the best?

There is a legal maxim. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit.

I am starting to wonder if the judge is turning this into a show trial to let Mueller hang himself and lose all credibility.

Or, is the prosecution continuing to defy the judge's orders to have him
declare a mistrial and try this case later with a different judge.

If they are then they are stupid. The head prosecutor had a bunch of convictions overturned in the Enron case.

More likely it indicates that you have no idea of how airtight the evidene against Manafort is.

We've heard the same crap about how "airtight" cases were before from Mr. Mueller. The case against Hatfill was supposed to be "airtight" too, and it cost Uncle Sam $5 Million to compensate that gentleman.

If the case against Manafort is airtight, that's the case the prosecution should put on. Not this nonsense. Judge Ellis is going to squeeze Mueller until he puts on a credible case or gets it dismissed.

Fancy clothing is not evidence of tax fraud. International money transfers are not evidence of conspiracy. As the Judge said Move this along.

the judge has a history of not letting either side get too crazy with process and rules. i don't think he cares which side of the aisle they sit, do your job and do it right or he'll bitchslap you.

so sorely needed right now. stop the games, stop the "enhancing" of the truth. just get back to right and wrong at a baseline.

Yikes. This looks like it’s heading for a mistrial at best. I hope the defense is preparing a motion for dismissal with prejudice
You still pretending you get this stuff?

The judge is not going to permit a mistrial for a minor kerfuffel.

Trumpkins are so funny.

I agree, but not for the reason that you seem to think. Now, why do you think a mistrial is not in the future?

We've heard the same crap about how "airtight" cases were before from Mr. Mueller. The case against Hatfill was supposed to be "airtight" too, and it cost Uncle Sam $5 Million to compensate that gentleman.

This is a paper case. That means the bulk of the evidence is in documents. Tax fraud is easy to prove when items are purposely excluded from the filing.

Mueller and his Keystone piglets.
And yet all so superior to you and your orange insane loon.

Based on muellers well publicized failures, and the millions of dollars that the American taxpayer has had to pay for his monumental fuckups...yeah, we ARE superior to mueller. We HAVEN'T attacked an innocent man for a crime he didn't commit. mueller did. Repeatedly.

Based on muellers well publicized failures, and the millions of dollars that the American taxpayer has had to pay for his monumental fuckups...yeah, we ARE superior to mueller. We HAVEN'T attacked an innocent man for a crime he didn't commit. mueller did. Repeatedly.

A guy with a history full of failures doesn't get to be the head of the FBI for 10 years, and then get interviewed by another President to come back and run it again years later.

18 counts.

It only takes one to put him in prison.

There's no getting around the blatant tax fraud in his tax records.
and you won't get that one if you keep repeating mistakes the judge told you to stop doing.

you're at this point basically saying you threw enough shit on the wall to get what you want and from what i can tell, justice is the LAST thing you care about. you just want people not like you to suffer.

kinda sick dude.

A judge that won’t cave to the witch hunt farce
He knows, as all thinkers do, that the conjured up Russians bullshit cannot have any possible connection to Trump and Manafort did his tax things 100% independent of Trump many years BEFORE Trump offered the first syllable about running for President

Manafort tax issues from 2008 and before=Russians illegally helping Trump win in 2016
Only emotion driven shit for brains can connect those dots

at this point i don't give a shit about trump. you and the left keep missing the point that its not about trump, it's about stopping this MY WAY OR YOU'RE A NAZI bullshit the left has been doing for so long.

as for the mistrial comment and one "kerfuffle" - i can only guess you didn't read a thing in the article. they made one mistake and then after a warning from the judge DID IT AGAIN, prompting the judge to end the trial early.

THAT they don't do for minor missteps. so for the judge to shut this down early? it wasn't a minor incident like you're hoping for. sorry.

i just want this judge to stick to the rules of law 100% and give no leeway either side. go to trial, be prepared and present your case. if you have to make games of it, then you had no case to present.

if manafort is indeed guilty of something, follow the law and process and deal with it. if not and this is just to get to trump and play out a game, i don't see this judge allowing his court to be used in a circus that is going on through both sides right now.

A guy with a history full of failures doesn't get to be the head of the FBI for 10 years, and then get interviewed by another President to come back and run it again years later.
and a guy with this record wouldn't make the same mistake twice in an hour in court now would he?

nothing appears to be what you think it is, huh?

4 days and 4 admonishments for prosecutorial misconduct from the bench... How many more will be allowed before the judge tosses the case?

I hope he doesn't toss it. I hope he either dismisses with prejudice, and sanctions the mueller team, or lets the case continue to the inevitable Not Guilty.

18 counts.

It only takes one to put him in prison.

There's no getting around the blatant tax fraud in his tax records.
and you won't get that one if you keep repeating mistakes the judge told you to stop doing.

you're at this point basically saying you threw enough shit on the wall to get what you want and from what i can tell, justice is the LAST thing you care about. you just want people not like you to suffer.

kinda sick dude.

Tax records are documents, dope. His tax preparer and two bookkeepers all testified that they were not informed of the existence of overseas accounts. That is evidence. Not throwing shit at the wall.

Try actially following the trial rather than bitching about headlines.

Forum List

Back