🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge Napolitano: CNN has “a very good case” against White House in Acosta lawsuit

The regulation is for denial of a SECURITY CLEARANCE.

You need to look at 409.1

"409.1 Standard.
In granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges."

So, the secret service must grant a security clearance based on danger to predsident, but a press pass itself is and always has been discretionary.

PRESS PRIVILEGES says it all.

Fuck Acosta and CNN.

:dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
According to the information you posted.

A person can contest the revocation of their press pass thru the proper channels.

But in the end, it's still up to the Secret Service whether to allow or deny entry to the White House based on security concerns regarding the individual seeking entrance.

In other words, Acosta's is gonna remain exiled for good. ... :thup:
Wait, so CNN/Acosta FAILED to exhaust their administrative remedies FIRST before filing a lawsuit???

Should be dismissed on that ground alone.

Trump mishandled this. He should have let Acosta make an ass of himself for the nation to see. sane Americans expect a certain level of decorum.
To Hell with your decorum.
Trump treated Acosta the way he deserved.
He was being an ass and Trump treated him accordingly.

Let me point out the way Obama treated people he felt shouldn't be allowed to interview him at his press conferences:

Flashback: Christian Journalist Physically Removed from Presser During Obama Administration - Big League Politics

Brenda Lee-Dragged reporter speaks out

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Right wing political analyst for Fox News says that there were no grounds for dismissing and Jim Acosta from the White House press conferences.

Napolitano's an incompetent and a liar. He's either wrong or totally ignorant on this matter. I wouldn't pay it any heed if I were you.

Right wing political analyst for Fox News says that there were no grounds for dismissing and Jim Acosta from the White House press conferences.

Napolitano's an incompetent and a liar. He's either wrong or totally ignorant on this matter. I wouldn't pay it any heed if I were you.

I don't know why they still peddle that bubble headed little never Trumper out anymore. I can tell you EXACTLY what he'll say every time he comes out... he'll DISAGREE with the president... shocker.

The Judge will always be in favor of a free and open press, which includes allowing disruptions. I am sympathetic to his position and respect his opinions.

I think he is giving his opinion with too much emphasis on his principles in this situation, which I cannot fault. I just disagree, for the same reasons (weird how that works).

Like the abortion issue. I am pro-choice but believe that pro-lifers are making a good faith argument on behalf of the unborn. I just think that they are wrong. I think that the unborn live solely at the discretion of the one who has the burden to host them. The right of mom is my reason and the right of baby is theirs. The rights of individuals is the same reason, so I can respect their position. We both are looking out for liberty and rights. We just reach different conclusions.

Those who are NOT looking out for the rights of others and putting liberty first are the people I do not respect.

Trump mishandled this. He should have let Acosta make an ass of himself for the nation to see. sane Americans expect a certain level of decorum.
What level of insanity accepts Trump's decorum?
Yeah why would anyone be polite to Trump, after all he is HITLER!!!!!!!
No. Donald Trump isn't Hitler. He is oblivious to or at least ambivalent about legal or ethical or empathetic or in possess a knowledge of history.

He is not feared as much he is known as a charlatan. Regarded by the people of this. country and the world the way we regard the pushy salesman who roped you into that time share condo in Akron, Ohio.

Its one of those battles you shouldn't be fighting if you are CNN. At least not in court; not right now anyway.

I'll circle back to it in a moment. Personally, the whole Acosta affair is more of an indication of a reporter with an outsized ego throwing a tantrum. It's also telling that few others in the media are picking up the mantle (so far) and showing any real support for their colleague.

What CNN should do is this. Send a different reporter to the White House but have Acosta "host" the coverage. In other words, have the studio talking head (if you have one) go to Acosta then have Acosta do the Q&A with whomever they send. Not a thing the White House can do about it EXCEPT (what I hope would happen) have the new reporter be just as aggressive to where the White House suspends them too. This will create a pattern. Years later, CNN could bring up the case in court--which I think is an open question--about a reporter being in a public building. It doesn't seem to be "off limits".

Anyway, CNN/Acosta should just stop with their offensive at this point. It's not helpful.

For the same reason the Naked Emperor was forced to unban people on his official Twitter account, he will be forced to let CNN back in the White House.

Trump is the leader of the wrong country. He belongs in some Third World dictatorship, where he'd be much happier.

he will be forced to let CNN back in the White House.

CNN was never prevented from coming to the White House.
Just one of their whiners.

Even if CNN didn't have literally 50 other reporters with WH press passes, I don't remember anything in the First Amendment about an inalienable right to attend press conferences.

If no one's stopping Jim Acosta from saying whatever he wants in print/on air - and nobody is - then no one is violating his First Amendment rights.

It's you versus right wing Fox expert Judge Napolitano.

It's the truth against your "A famous person agrees with me!"

But I expect that independent thought and reasoning is probably quite scary for you, so I won't stop you from allowing others to think for you. :itsok:

The regulation is for denial of a SECURITY CLEARANCE.

You need to look at 409.1

"409.1 Standard.
In granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges."

So, the secret service must grant a security clearance based on danger to predsident, but a press pass itself is and always has been discretionary.

PRESS PRIVILEGES says it all.

Fuck Acosta and CNN.

:dunno:
Poor Donald. He's afraid of being beat up by Acosta. That's your argument now? BWA-HA-HA-Ha-HA-HA!

Priceless.

Trump didn't like being challenged by a question from the press. He wants only praise and self-aggrandizement to come from the peanut gallery.

When Trump didn't like a question, he tried to have the mike grabbed away from the upstart.

Trump and his tard supporters then claimed it was the reporter who committed assault!

Talk about gaslighting! Holy shit! Textbook case.

And now they are saying Trump is feeling physically threatened by the reporter. Poor baby!

The tards really don't see just how fucking idiotic they sound.

If the courts rule that Acosta must be allowed to attend the White House Press conferences.

Then the President should never acknowledge or take any of Acosta's questions.

Problem solved!! .... :thup:
Acosta won't shut the fuck up. That's the reason they revoked him to being with.

Here's another angle....who enforces the Court's order? Technically, Trump could defy the Court and force impeachment proceedings that are already underway with the new commie horde entering the House.
Wait. I thought it was because he slapped an intern with a very very very fast hand movement not doctored at all.

Actually, it was because he made physical contact with the intern while attempting to keep the microphone - and the spotlight - past his allotted time.

And may I just say how pro-woman it is of folks like you to try the whole "Well, since he didn't HIT her, it's okay" tact?
Thanks for helping me prove that right wing USMB member Bootney Lee lied about the reason being that Acosta "wouldn't shut up".

Thanks for wasting my time trying - and failing - to prove you're not a moron.

Since you're manifestly incapable of figuring this out on your own, I'll spell it out in small words: Having a different opinion and view isn't a "lie". Calling everything a lie because you're too stupid to know what the words means IS being a dumbass, however.

I assume CNN will win any lawsuit. I relate it to how sports teams tried to keep women reporters out of their locker rooms all those years ago. Simple as that, as much as I disagree with it.

As previously posted last week, I also believe Trump wins by losing:
CNN is 'preparing to SUE' the White House ...

Last edited:

For the same reason the Naked Emperor was forced to unban people on his official Twitter account, he will be forced to let CNN back in the White House.

Trump is the leader of the wrong country. He belongs in some Third World dictatorship, where he'd be much happier.

he will be forced to let CNN back in the White House.

CNN was never prevented from coming to the White House.
Just one of their whiners.

Even if CNN didn't have literally 50 other reporters with WH press passes, I don't remember anything in the First Amendment about an inalienable right to attend press conferences.

If no one's stopping Jim Acosta from saying whatever he wants in print/on air - and nobody is - then no one is violating his First Amendment rights.

It's you versus right wing Fox expert Judge Napolitano.

It's the truth against your "A famous person agrees with me!"

But I expect that independent thought and reasoning is probably quite scary for you, so I won't stop you from allowing others to think for you. :itsok:

A famous person who is an authority on legal matters. Whereas you are neither.

Acosta should have his 1st Amendment rights.

But the White House is under no legal obligation to invite him to the Press conference. ... :cool:

It's not about invitations. Under federal regulations his press pass cannot be revoked, except under limited circumstances.

. . . And now you're going to cite those regulations, and give us your "experienced legal" explanation of how they apply in this case, right?

Or at the very least, tell us whose opinion column you cut and pasted that from.

Not getting in from any column. Just reading the complaint, looking at the regulations cited, and noting the analysis of legal experts like Napolitano.

Thank you for citing the sources who did your thinking for you. Makes it much easier to follow that way.

I agree with The Judge.

I also think that InfoWars and other such loons should intervene in this lawsuit and demand that they be included in all WH press conferences and allowed to participate just like CNN and Acosta.

We need a free and independent press. They should also be included.

Good point! CNN is only during for CNN? I don’t see how. So if America loses this lawsuit simply give access to every organization out there. Hold press conferences in a stadium and assign CNN number 123,437. We’ll get to you bud...same as the Oakdale, Arkansas Oakdale Times and Garage Sales Daily.

What a pussy Acosta is.

You can expect 1 of 2 response.

1) Attacks of Napolitano. "He's a RINO anyway!"

2) Since when did you care what Napolitano thinks?

Response #3 - F' Napolitano as he's not hearing the case!

Wanna know who's hearing it? Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

You can expect 1 of 2 response.

1) Attacks of Napolitano. "He's a RINO anyway!"

2) Since when did you care what Napolitano thinks?

Response #3 - F' Napolitano as he's not hearing the case!

Wanna know who's hearing it? Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

LMAO Well his press pass won't do him much good if he's never called on.

Hope he enjoys his "freedom of speech."

Forum List

Back