Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Why they asked for and were granted the injunction?

Because it doesn't need to be in there. It explains itself.

They don't have to deal with internet posters being bad faith sealions for a week. The language is clear and concise and definitive.

No, why they want him to get their approval should he decide to re incorporate outside of New York. You’d think with as much as they hate him..they’d be glad to see him go.

No, why they want him to get their approval should he decide to re incorporate outside of New York. You’d think with as much as they hate him..they’d be glad to see him go.

He's free to create any corporation he wants in another state.

Now, if he tries to move assists out of state to evade the judgement, the court will freeze those assets until the judgement is liquidated. Just like anyone else with a court judgement.

WW

Now, if he tries to move assists out of state to evade the judgement, the court will freeze those assets until the judgement is liquidated. Just like anyone else with a court judgement.

WW
This was already covered. I have seen this explained directly to him already.

Is the injunction that spells that out what gave you that feeling?

Tell me again how you read it.

🙄

It says before he makes any changes to the operation of his business that he had to give notice to either the AG or the courts. That’s what I read, yes.

I'm assuming that these numbers are defensible, i.e., that they are the result of specific calculations based on hard facts.

LOL!
Liberal math is rarely based on hard facts.
The judge does not pull the numbers out of the air. Toward the end of the order there are 6 causes listed for the penalties. In there you will find how the judge determined the penalties. The fees Trump will have to pay are his ill-gotten gains; that is the amount of profit he may have realized from the loan obtained from a fraudulent application.

Theoretically, if he got a billion dollar loan fraudulently by using false information, played the stock market, made 200 billion, and paid back the loan, the court would penalize him the 200 billion profit, his ill-gotten gains. However, it may not be that simple with Trump's loan.

I would think the actual amount of the ill-gotten gains from the loan might be hard to determine, so the judge may have used the going interest for that type of loan or a rate specified in the law he violated.

Originally, I thought the penalty was too much but that would depend on the amount of the loan and the terms.

Last edited:

WW

He won't have to pay a cent once he appeals.
He did nothing illegal, and everyone puffs real estate value.
The laws NY used were intended to protect those being sold investments.
They do not at all apply to real estate holdings.

They are his assets.
It is illegal to dictate anything concerning his private assets.

People have court judgement against them all the time and have private assets limited and seized all the time.

Hell it's been that way since we became a country.

WW

He won't have to pay a cent once he appeals.

Actually he will have to put the full amount up as a court supervised escrow or bond to be able to appeal.

And there is no saying that the appeals court will even take the case.

WW

Toward the end of the order there are 6 causes listed for the penalties. In there you will find how the judge determined the penalties. The fees Trump will have to pay are his ill-gotten gains; that is the amount of profit he may have realized from the loan obtained from a fraudulent application.

Theoretically, if he got a billion dollar loan by using false information, played the stock market, made 200 billion, and paid back the loan, the court would penalize him 200 billions, his ill-gotten gains. However, it may not be that simple

I would think the actual amount of the ill-gotten gains from the loan might be hard to determine, so the judge may have used the going interest for that type of loan or a rate specified in the law he violated. So if the loan was for a million dollars for 1 year at an interest of 5%, then the penalty would be 50 thousand dollars.

Its NOT "ill gotten gains" as long as the loan is repaid.
There is no law covering loan applicants and their evaluation.
They are illegally applying a law pertaining to selling investment opportunities.

People have court judgement against them all the time and have private assets limited and seized all the time.

Hell it's been that way since we became a country.

WW

If they are seized due to a judgement, then they are not his anymore.
But otherwise this is totally illegal.

That's right. The Trump supporters (including the incompetent Habba) think people just get a do-over by asking for an appeal.

Wrong.
The appeal is valid because the state used a law intended to prevent fraud by those selling investments, and is totally inappropriate to use on a loan applicant.

Forum List

Back