Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

I didn’t read the 92 page document, no, I’ve stated that already. I’m getting my information from news sites on the internet, like everyone else.
Then why do you think anybody here has information that you do not?

You're painting yourself into a corner quite nicely.

Then why do you think anybody here has information that you do not?

You're painting yourself into a corner quite nicely.
Because someone else might have an opinion, or an idea. Hell, maybe someone has heard or read something that I haven’t. We ask question to get answers to things we otherwise can’t ascertain on our own. It’s called having a discussion.

It says before he makes any changes to the operation of his business that he had to give notice to either the AG or the courts. That’s what I read, yes.
The order requires the court to monitor his New York business activity so if he moves his office, they have to know where it is.

The order requires the court to monitor his New York business activity so if he moves his office, they have to know where it is.
And my assertion is that, he could just re incorporate his buisinesses in another state and be done with New York, and the appointed monitor. But I highly doubt they would let him do that. They want to keep him right where he is.

How were the people of NY harmed?

Why weren’t these charges made years ago, prior to Trump becoming President?
Fraudulent applications are submitted in order to get lower interest loans. The bank can do only so many low interest loans thus those people that submit honest applications may be deprived the low interest loans that go to those that lie on their applications. Thus NY has a law.

And my assertion is that, he could just re incorporate his buisinesses in another state and be done with New York, and the appointed monitor. But I highly doubt they would let him do that. They want to keep him right where he is.
And once again it has to be explained to you that he can start a business in another State.

5 times? 6? More?

Nothing is stopping him except for a few hundred million

And once again it has to be explained to you that he can start a business in another State.

5 times? 6? More?

I’m not talking about starting a new business, I’m talking about moving his incorporation status. Which cannot be done without approval from New York.

Nothing is stopping him except for a few hundred million

Hey, if he has to pay the money, fine, but as long as they don’t stand in his way should he decide to incorporate OUT of New York, that’s fine.

Something tells me they would thought.

I didn't see anything that restricted him from moving his office. Trump can not re-incorporate because he has not been incorporated. the Trump Organization is a privately owned business. Although Trump owns the business, family members and a financial consulting firm help to manage it. Those people have also been barred for 3 years from managing any Trump businesses in NY.

Hey, if he has to pay the money, fine, but as long as they don’t stand in his way should he decide to incorporate OUT of New York, that’s fine.

Something tells me they would thought.
Incorporated businesses cannot operate in secrecy like privately owned business plus some share of the ownership goes to shareholders. Trump would never go along with that.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that these numbers are defensible, i.e., that they are the result of specific calculations based on hard facts.

LOL!
Liberal math is rarely based on hard facts.
Financial penalties for violating laws are hard to get out of because they are specified in the law. I think the appeals court is more likely to soften the order barring his family from operating the business in New York. The internal monitoring of his business activities is going to be a tough pill for Trump to swallow.

He's free to create any corporation he wants in another state.

Now, if he tries to move assists out of state to evade the judgement, the court will freeze those assets until the judgement is liquidated. Just like anyone else with a court judgement.

WW
He is not incorporated now so why would he incorporate out of state.

Considering the size of his assets, I don't think he will be moving them.

Last edited:
Its NOT "ill gotten gains" as long as the loan is repaid.
There is no law covering loan applicants and their evaluation.
They are illegally applying a law pertaining to selling investment opportunities.
Ill-gotten gains are profits on funds obtained do to violations of the law. For example, if you submit a fraudulent application for a loan and use the money to invest in the market, any profits you make are ill gotten gains even thou you paid off the loan. If your son bullies kids at school to get their lunch money and takes it home, that is also ill-gotten gains. If you are a bank officer and take the bank's money to buy CDs and then return the money to the bank, the interest you earn on the CDs are ill gotten gains.

Last edited:
Even if he incorporates in another state and transfers ownership of his New York businesses from the Trump Organization, a privately owned business to the corporation, it will accomplish nothing. The court order that bars him from operating his New York businesses for 3 years will stand. You can't just cross state lines to solve the problem. States have reciprocity agreements.

JUST IN: A judge has ordered former President Donald Trump and his companies to pay nearly $355 million in a ruling in the New York civil fraud case. The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years. Trump is expected to appeal the decision. Read the full ruling.

The lawsuit: The judge had already found Trump is liable for fraud in the civil case, but New York Attorney General Letitia James was seeking $370 million in damages. James was also looking to bar Trump from doing business in the state, alleging that the former president, his adult sons and his company defrauded banks and insurance companies by inflating the value of Trump’s assets.

Why it matters: The case is civil, not criminal, but threatens Trump's business in New York. The trial in this case has served as a precursor to the four criminal trials Trump faces this year as he campaigns to regain the presidency.

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise! What do you think"?
Engoron got the last word, painting Trump as a “pathological fraudster" who would not stop unless forced.

Couldn't have stated/described it better myself.

Engoron got the last word, painting Trump as a “pathological fraudster" who would not stop unless forced.

Couldn't have stated/described it better myself.
I think testimony of both prosecution and defensed witness made it clear to the judge that Trump's illegal activity was not limited to this particular case. Also Trump's refusal to show any remorse or promise to make any changes lead the judge to require both monitoring his New York businesses and blocking him from running them for 3 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back