Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

that corrupt ruling will never stand, it will be overturned on appeal.
The court may adjust the fine, disagreeing with the lower courts interpretation of the law. And they may give trump more time to transfer the management of his New York businesses or they may even alter the ruling on monitoring but overturn the case, no. The evidence supported by 19 testimonies clearly showed that Trump did violate the law in many loan application between 2011 and 2021.

Nobody cared because these “illegal” acts were no different than what virtually every large company operating in NY was/is doing. They only started caring when Trump became President. Had Trump not run for President in 2016, absolutely none of this would be on the table.
To claim Trump is not liable because everyone is violating the law is neither true nor a good argument. A banker testifying in the trial addressed this point; no everybody is not grossly overstating the value of their assets.

Last edited:
He cannot. He cannot even buy toilet paper for the 12th floor bathroom without the court monitor approving it. They are certainly not going to approve a move for him to hide his assets or operate the corporation, even indirectly.
I don't know the rules but I would think he could sell his business interest in New York. I think New York would be happy to get rid of him. They're going to be collecting property taxes and income taxes on whoever owns the properties. Having to deal with someone who doesn't pride themselves on their dishonesty and illegal acts would certainly be welcome.

You just quoted verbatim two of Trump's own fake news talking points.
#1. Read the statute.
According to the language "harm"
as in someone complaining of
being "ripped off" is not
necessary for enforcement of
this law. It is all about the state
of New York's responsibility
to regulate certain business
practices.

#2. This investigation was launched
years ago. This particular
snowflake whining point has
even less merit than #1.
All True.
The plaintiff in the case was the damaged party, the people of the State of New York. When Trump lied about the value of his asset to get low interest loans, banks gave their lowest interest rates to those they believe were the lowest risk, Trump. So when he lied about the value of his assets in order to show he is a very low risk borrower, he denied the low interest loans to those who honesty stated their asset values.

During the town hall, Trump also addressed the death of Alexei Navalny, comparing the Russian opposition leader's death to his own legal woes and criminal indictments.

“It’s a horrible thing," he said. "But it’s happening in our country too. We are turning into a communist country in many ways. And if you look at it, I’m the leading candidate. I got indicted — I never heard of being indicted.”

Trump also suggested Navalny would have been better off had he done his political advocacy from outside the danger of Russia.

“He was a very brave guy because he went back, he could have stayed away, and frankly, probably would have been a lot better off staying away and talking from outside of the country as opposed to having to go back in because people thought that could happen and it did happen,” Trump said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Navalny, a fierce critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin, died suddenly Friday in prison, the country's prison service said. President Joe Biden blamed Putin for Navalny's death and said Tuesday that the U.S. would impose additional sanctions on Russia in response.

Sure, that is fraud and the person who was supposed to be getting the money got shorted. The punishment for such actions is a returned check fee. At my bank It doesn’t matter if I wrote a check for $10,000, the return check fee is $10. In Trump’s case, NOBODY was harmed and no the bank would not have raised his interest rate had he lowered the evaluation for his properties. No evidence in this case suggests that and the bank in question didn’t suggest that. That was pure speculation by the prosecutor which was accepted by a very biased judge.

Why did they give him the loans? Every bank in the nation knows that people tend to inflate their net worth when applying for loans. Do you think a bank would give you $100k loan based solely on your claimed net worth? The answer is that they wouldn’t unless, as is the case with Trump, they were aware through other means that you owned property that far exceeds $100k. What if the bank knew for a fact that you owned a home worth at least $2mm, that you evaluated at $4mm. Would they care or would they give you your $100k loan? These are small numbers in comparison to Trump, but you get the idea. Banks would have even more reason to loan to Trump O. because they would stand to make a lot of money on the transaction and also potentially be the bank of choice for future large transactions. The bottom line is that virtually any bank that had the funds would have given him this loan because it was a huge win/win. Property evaluations are guesses and are all over the map. I sold a piece of property 5 years ago for 5 times the appraisal value that was done a few months before. No bank would rely solely on a loanees personal opinions of their property values. That is pure bunk. The judge knows it, the prosecutor knows it, everybody with a shred of common sense knows it.

The bank in question didn’t claim fraud. They didn’t feel like they were victims. They were not harmed, in fact, they had huge gains. It is as simple as that. I don’t think you want to go down the path of punishing everyone who has knowingly misrepresented facts to achieve a gain. This case and the judgement is selective justice based purely on politics.

I can’t and don’t read the NYT. This is behind a paywall. It is a ridiculously biased source as well.

Regardless, I was not aware that Cohen led to this. Thank you for that. Why do you think they started investigating Cohen in the first place? Mueller ring any bells? Hillary ring a bells? Fake dossier ring any bells? Yes, Democrats suddenly became very interested in all things Trump in 2016. I can’t imagine why. They spent 10s of millions of our dollars investigating him and virtually everyone around him. Bringing up that this lawsuit was ultimately born from the investigation that started in 2016 doesn’t help your case with regards to this being politically motivated.
No evidence in this case suggests that and the bank in question didn’t suggest that. That was pure speculation by the prosecutor which was accepted by a very biased judge.
No, I quoted some of the relevant passages when YOU asked me to do so. It's direct testimony from the people involved, his bookkeeping company, the banks, insurance companies etc., etc. Saying the prosecutor asked questions and that's what they said, so the judge accepted it as true, is literally how a trial works.

When I began this thing. I posed one condition. That you would adress what I quoted. Not only aren't you doing that. You're simply ignoring the stuff I did quote in favor of your own narrative.
Why did they give him the loans? Every bank in the nation knows that people tend to inflate their net worth when applying for loans. Do you think a bank would give you $100k loan based solely on your claimed net worth?
Here again I posted why they did. Directly quoting the questioning of the people who GAVE those loans. Yet you pose this question over and over again like it has not been answered.
They didn’t feel like they were victims.
And yet they stopped doing business because of the indictments. Here again INTERNAL emails between the Trump org. And Deutsche bank show otherwise. Internal emails Between Mazars and the Trump org show otherwise. Just because you ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean the facts don't exist.
Why do you think they started investigating Cohen in the first place? Mueller ring any bells? Hillary ring a bells?
Sure all of it rings a bell. So then you're argument becomes. Well, when you run for president your life will be scrutinized, so it's unfair when, when that life involves committing crimes you're more likely to be indicted.

Isn't that true for anyone running for office? Hell, it's even true for anyone who's family of someone who's running for high public office.

As we speak the son of the current President is being indicted. I don't hear you or anyone moaning about that.

You guys are currently trying to figure out a way to impeach Biden up to and including using information provided by a Russian asset to accomplish it. Don't hear anyone complaining.

It took 9 separate investigations of Benghazi before you guys finally found something to beat Hilary over the head with. Resulting in the email thing. The only complaint that was offered by the right about that was that she wasn't charged.

When you run for office you will be scrutinized. If that scrutiny means you get indicted that means a prosecutor feels they can prove a crime in court. I don't care if that's being motivated by the fact the the perpetrator is a political opponent, or just because it's a prosecutors job is to prosecute crimes. In the end that prosecutor needs to prove their case in a legal system that gives defendants the benefit of the doubt.

The banks wanted a statement of financial condition before they made a loan.

The idea that Trump can say whatever he wants on that statement defies common sense.
Oh, did the bank complain? I must have missed that…

No, I quoted some of the relevant passages when YOU asked me to do so. It's direct testimony from the people involved, his bookkeeping company, the banks, insurance companies etc., etc. Saying the prosecutor asked questions and that's what they said, so the judge accepted it as true, is literally how a trial works.

When I began this thing. I posed one condition. That you would adress what I quoted. Not only aren't you doing that. You're simply ignoring the stuff I did quote in favor of your own narrative.

Here again I posted why they did. Directly quoting the questioning of the people who GAVE those loans. Yet you pose this question over and over again like it has not been answered.

And yet they stopped doing business because of the indictments. Here again INTERNAL emails between the Trump org. And Deutsche bank show otherwise. Internal emails Between Mazars and the Trump org show otherwise. Just because you ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean the facts don't exist.

Sure all of it rings a bell. So then you're argument becomes. Well, when you run for president your life will be scrutinized, so it's unfair when, when that life involves committing crimes you're more likely to be indicted.

Isn't that true for anyone running for office? Hell, it's even true for anyone who's family of someone who's running for high public office.

As we speak the son of the current President is being indicted. I don't hear you or anyone moaning about that.

You guys are currently trying to figure out a way to impeach Biden up to and including using information provided by a Russian asset to accomplish it. Don't hear anyone complaining.

It took 9 separate investigations of Benghazi before you guys finally found something to beat Hilary over the head with. Resulting in the email thing. The only complaint that was offered by the right about that was that she wasn't charged.

When you run for office you will be scrutinized. If that scrutiny means you get indicted that means a prosecutor feels they can prove a crime in court. I don't care if that's being motivated by the fact the the perpetrator is a political opponent, or just because it's a prosecutors job is to prosecute crimes. In the end that prosecutor needs to prove their case in a legal system that gives defendants the benefit of the doubt.
There was no crime here…period.

There was no crime here…period.
A judge determined their was... period.

Stomp your feet. Cry. Tear your hair out. The judgement is out. The facts of the case have been established by the judger of facts, (the judge.) And somewhere in the future Trump will likely have to pay something like 600 million dollars.

Stomp your feet. Cry. Tear your hair out. The judgement is out. The facts of the case have been established by the judger of facts, (the judge.) And somewhere in the future Trump will likely have to pay something like 600 million dollars.
A clearly biased judge, that was overturned by the appellate 4 times during the sham trial…

A clearly biased judge, that was overturned by the appellate 4 times during the sham trial…
At the moment nobody even knows he'll be able to come up with the cash to even get to appeal. But let's suppose he does. I've read the judgement. Something I'm sure you haven't.

It's detailed, goes over all the witnesses, what they testified to. How credible they were or weren't. That stuff isn't appealable.

What is left is the amount of damages and how the law is applied. The judgement lays out in great detail how the amount of damages was calculated and he's a judge applying a pretty common and broad anti-corruption law in New York.

I don't know what the basis for an appeal would even be or if he has the money to get to an appeal within 30 days.

I suspect he'll be able to come up with the cash. I highly doubt he'll get anywhere on appeal.

At the moment nobody even knows he'll be able to come up with the cash to even get to appeal. But let's suppose he does. I've read the judgement. Something I'm sure you haven't.

It's detailed, goes over all the witnesses, what they testified to. How credible they were or weren't. That stuff isn't appealable.

What is left is the amount of damages and how the law is applied. The judgement lays out in great detail how the amount of damages was calculated and he's a judge applying a pretty common and broad anti-corruption law in New York.

I don't know what the basis for an appeal would even be or if he has the money to get to an appeal within 30 days.

I suspect he'll be able to come up with the cash. I highly doubt he'll get anywhere on appeal.
You're a good Stalinist piglet! :itsok:

Good argument I'm so crushed by your staggering intellect, I'm crying.

Maybe you should take a little nap. I think it's past your bedtime.
After just about a CENTURY of Marxist infiltration into our Edu, Media, and Governance, we have come to a point that the aforementioned Democrat Party has taken up Soviet tactics to TRY to defeat their political opponents.
How did we get here???
Well, here's Uncle Yuri to explain....from 1985

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his balls, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.
:dev3:

Do you even hear yourself????
That's the thing with you demented avenger subverted demoralized Stalinist Marxist Leninist ZOMBIES....NO SELF-AWARENESS AT ALL
One BIASED asshole judge does NOT hold sure power in this country to disenfranchise the electorate.
Fuck YOU and your acceptance of SOVIET TACTICS in the USA!!! :fu:

I don't know the rules but I would think he could sell his business interest in New York. I think New York would be happy to get rid of him. They're going to be collecting property taxes and income taxes on whoever owns the properties. Having to deal with someone who doesn't pride themselves on their dishonesty and illegal acts would certainly be welcome.

Many large investors will leave NY because of this, regardless of if the ruling stands or not. It is a clear abuse of power that can be wielded against anyone and any time.

You think the amount of the judgement is justified given the lack of harm done to anyone and given the FACT that the bank in question said they wanted to do business with Trump again? Why not make the damages 1 billion? Why not 2? Why not just seize all of his assets? All sane people know that this judgement and the damages awarded were absurd. NYC courts are a complete laughing stock to all except hard-core lefties who are ok with using the courts to push their agenda. Business will take note.

Forum List

Back