Judge overseeing Trump classified documents case deals blows to special counsel Jack Smith

Let's see if we can get back to discussing the topic, instead of letting it continue to devolve into childish insults.

From the Honorable Judge Cannon's ruling as posted by the OP:

Waltine Nauta shall file a response to the Motion for a Garcia hearing [ECF No. 97]
on or before August 17, 2023. Among other topics as raised in the Motion, the
response shall address the legal propriety of using an out-of-district grand jury
proceeding to continue to investigate and/or to seek post-indictment hearings on
matters pertinent to the instant indicted matter in this district.

A Garcia hearing is hearing to make sure that defendants who are represented by the same attorney each understand the possible conflict of interest that such an arrangement entails, and that that they understand that they are entitled to an attorney who represents them alone. Pretty routine.

But Cannon asked Nauta (through his attorney, who is also Trump's attorney) to address the question of why the prosecutor would continue to seek indictments via a grand jury out of the district of her court. It appears to be blatant jury shopping, which is why the judge would question it.

Supporters of Jack Smith's efforts, what reason would be valid for doing that?

Let's see if we can get back to discussing the topic, instead of letting it continue to devolve into childish insults.

From the Honorable Judge Cannon's ruling as posted by the OP:

Waltine Nauta shall file a response to the Motion for a Garcia hearing [ECF No. 97]
on or before August 17, 2023. Among other topics as raised in the Motion, the
response shall address the legal propriety of using an out-of-district grand jury
proceeding to continue to investigate and/or to seek post-indictment hearings on
matters pertinent to the instant indicted matter in this district.

A Garcia hearing is hearing to make sure that defendants who are represented by the same attorney each understand the possible conflict of interest that such an arrangement entails, and that that they understand that they are entitled to an attorney who represents them alone. Pretty routine.

But Cannon asked Nauta (through his attorney, who is also Trump's attorney) to address the question of why the prosecutor would continue to seek indictments via a grand jury out of the district of her court. It appears to be blatant jury shopping, which is why the judge would question it.

Supporters of Jack Smith's efforts, what reason would be valid for doing that?
That's not what the judge said. That's what you made up.

Please stick to the topic.

But I'm asking you...
Haha he just answered it! Are you that ducking stupid that you don’t know our president is elected via the electoral college? Haha not surprised, it’s in the text above the bill of rights that you were unaware of

Go read the thread. The posters I responded to didn’t believe it was the defendants right, one even asked for the legal authority I was referring to
That’s not at all what I said.

You can’t even understand basic language. I’d recommend you try a different hobby more suitable for your skills (or lack thereof).

IF P01135809 is as innocent as you believe, then you should welcome a speedy trial, as should he.

P01135809 should welcome the speedy trial. IF he is as innocent as he claims he would NOT want the trial delayed.
You can thank me for my vote when Trump is president Trump in 2025.

That’s not at all what I said.

You can’t even understand basic language. I’d recommend you try a different hobby more suitable for your skills (or lack thereof).
Haha yoj literally said the SCOTUS disagrees with me! Hahaha

The cited a case showing the opposite cause you can’t comprehend a legal opinion

Haha yoj literally said the SCOTUS disagrees with me! Hahaha

The cited a case showing the opposite cause you can’t comprehend a legal opinion
I disagree with this.
Correct, the right to a speedy trial belongs to the individual, trump
I didn’t say Trump doesn’t have a right to a speedy trial. I said that the right doesn’t solely belong to Trump and that the public has a right to a speedy trial as well.

Forum List

Back