judge rules delegates cannot be forced to vote for trump

It's beginning. Trump loses a law suit today unbinding the Virginia delegates. The state of Virginia cannot compel the delegates to vote against their conscience. An Arizona delegate has also stated she will not support trump.

It's going to be an interesting couple weeks

I have been discussing this with Republicans in the know. They state that there are 20 states that are unbound. Meaning those delegates can vote their conscience. Others state that the rules never stated that any delegate is bound--so it's a confusing can of worms.

I believe the rules committee was supposed to meet today or tomorrow so it's going to get very interesting.

Here's the deal. Unless the rules committee changes the rules, it really doesn't mean jack shit what the delegates do at the convention. They could vote for Bigfoot or Daffy Duck.

The RNC rules trump everything. including the Judges ruling.

Because no government or government body has the right to dictate how a party chooses its nominee.

"But federal judge Robert E. Payne ruled that the state law can't be enforced because governments can't be allowed to have control over how parties choose their nominees.

It's a token win that may only apply to Correll himself since his didn't qualify as a class-action lawsuit. And the national nomination process is managed by the Republican National Committee – not the state parties.

The RNC's rules currently call for the official reading of delegate votes in the way each state's voters, and each state party's rules, assigned them.

The convention's secretary, in other words, will record the votes as the RNC's rules say they should be cast – even if Correll and others were to go rogue.

So unless the rules are changed when the convention's Rules Committee meets this week in Cleveland, Virginia's vote tally next week won't change – even if Correll and 1,000 other delegates were to cast their votes for Mickey Mouse.

Practically speaking, Payne didn't direct the RNC to change course.

RNC spokeswoman Lindsay Walters told The Washington Post on Monday that Payne's ruling 'upholds the right of political parties to set their own rules for national convention delegate selection and allocation.'

'It affirms our First Amendment right to require that delegates be bound to primary results, and it makes clear that delegates are bound under national party rules.'

That much is true: Payne ruled that the GOP can apply its own rules, under which Trump controls more than enough 'bound' delegates – those committed to support him by their state parties' rules – to win the Republican presidential nomination."

Read more: Judge gives symbolic legal cover to anti-Trump convention delegates
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The party cannot dictate how delegates vote. Voting politically is not a privately controlled right by a party.

Whatever the Rules Committee means nothing. If it throws out non Trump votes, the legitimacy of the Convention collapses, and the rest of the country will not abide it.

Hey Avatar4321 ,

I haven't seen you comment on the fact that Ted Cruz has answered Trump's call to speak at the convention.

How did that strike you?

:lmao:

You're laughing alone, aren't you, oh clueless one? What about Cruz is a Republican speaking at the Republican convention don't you grasp? Given your affinity for laughing long after everyone else, wait 20 minutes and then answer. Then answer, but only if you've gotten it by then ...

Who asked ya?

You did. You posted your worthless opinion on a message board. I'll let you do some research on your own and figure out what that means. Maybe a while after everyone else laughs at you, you will ...

What opinion did I post? Are you in love with me or something?

The party cannot dictate how delegates vote. Voting politically is not a privately controlled right by a party.

Whatever the Rules Committee means nothing. If it throws out non Trump votes, the legitimacy of the Convention collapses, and the rest of the country will not abide it.

another simpleton who doesn't understand the difference between a party picking it's own candidate and an election for an office

Hey Avatar4321 ,

I haven't seen you comment on the fact that Ted Cruz has answered Trump's call to speak at the convention.

How did that strike you?

You're laughing alone, aren't you, oh clueless one? What about Cruz is a Republican speaking at the Republican convention don't you grasp? Given your affinity for laughing long after everyone else, wait 20 minutes and then answer. Then answer, but only if you've gotten it by then ...

Who asked ya?

You did. You posted your worthless opinion on a message board. I'll let you do some research on your own and figure out what that means. Maybe a while after everyone else laughs at you, you will ...

Hey, guy, my eyes are up here, take yours off my nut sack. I'm not gay, but thanks for the offer. And the discussion was your hack Democrat partisan opinion of Cruz, a Republican, speaking at the Republican convention. Then you got obsessed with approving who gets to post on a message board. Maybe you took a wrong turn at chat room. This isn't one. But if that's what you want with Avatar while you start deeply into his eyes, go ahead and ask him.

You know you could have read the chain yourself. You crack me up though, gay boy. OMG, you responded to my post on an open message board, I am a wizard, bam! Yeah

Their party. Their rules. What the Judge ruled on has absolutely no effect on the convention. Unless the Rules Committee changes the rules, Trump wins. These rogue delegates can vote for Bigfoot on the first ballot all they want,

It won't change jack shit.

Their party. Their rules. What the Judge ruled on has absolutely no effect on the convention. Unless the Rules Committee changes the rules, Trump wins. These rogue delegates can vote for Bigfoot on the first ballot all they want, It won't change jack shit.
Of course. A major publicly recorded delegate vote that is squashed by "the man" will result in massive defections in the Republican ranks. They simply will not vote for Trump.

Hey Avatar4321 ,

How did that strike you?

Who asked ya?

Hey, guy, my eyes are up here, take yours off my nut sack. I'm not gay, but thanks for the offer. And the discussion was your hack Democrat partisan opinion of Cruz, a Republican, speaking at the Republican convention. Then you got obsessed with approving who gets to post on a message board. Maybe you took a wrong turn at chat room. This isn't one. But if that's what you want with Avatar while you start deeply into his eyes, go ahead and ask him.

You know you could have read the chain yourself. You crack me up though, gay boy. OMG, you responded to my post on an open message board, I am a wizard, bam! Yeah
You are trolling. No one cares about your nut sack or that you gay bashed someone else. We all know what you are as a person.

The point is that any quashing by the convention now of publicly recorded votes there results in a massive backlash against Trump at election time.

Who asked ya?

You are trolling. No one cares about your nut sack or that you gay bashed someone else. We all know what you are as a person.

The point is that any quashing by the convention now of publicly recorded votes there results in a massive backlash against Trump at election time.

You didn't read the post I responded to, moron

Their party. Their rules. What the Judge ruled on has absolutely no effect on the convention. Unless the Rules Committee changes the rules, Trump wins. These rogue delegates can vote for Bigfoot on the first ballot all they want, It won't change jack shit.
Of course. A major publicly recorded delegate vote that is squashed by "the man" will result in massive defections in the Republican ranks. They simply will not vote for Trump.

I remember when there was the overthrow of the popular votes in several states and delegates were appointed to Cruz. Everyone told me that the rules were the rules were the rules and this could be done.

I don't want to hear from the same people who said the rules are the rules are the rules that they don't respect the RNC rules at the convention. Sore bloody losing wankers, one and all.

:lol:

Who asked ya?

I responded to your trolling and I noted that the quashing of the delegates' votes will lead to a great backlash against Trump.

I responded to your trolling and I noted that the quashing of the delegates' votes will lead to a great backlash against Trump.

Backlash "against" Trump? What are you blithering about now, Jake?

It would be something if enough delegates voted against trump to not nominate him! Have someone like Romney walk through the door for the next vote. hahah
Both parties should grow a pair and not nominate Hillary and Trump.

kaz, you are a libertarian, so you are not smart, I get that. So: many on the far right will think he is a "liberal" or something stupid like that. All they want is a reason to feel good for not voting for Trump. They want someone very foolish like Perry or Palin or Santorum.

To the OP: your trolling nonetheless, the Rules Committee is now in a no win position because it could not take the high road and do the right thing.

Jake the leaders and the followers of the "free the delegates" movement are Cruz supporters.

It seems everyone seems to know this but you. So how will Cruz supporters trying to get their guy still to be the nominee cause a major backlash against Trump that isn't already presently against him?

It would be something if enough delegates voted against trump to not nominate him! Have someone like Romney walk through the door for the next vote. hahah
Both parties should grow a pair and not nominate Hillary and Trump.

On the Republican side there were 17 count em 17 freaking candidates to choose from and the people chose Trump. Period full stop.

Jake the leaders and the followers of the "free the delegates" movement are Cruz supporters.

It seems everyone seems to know this but you. So how will Cruz supporters trying to get their guy still to be the nominee cause a major backlash against Trump that isn't already presently against him?
Never, ever assume you know more than me: big mistake. The anybody but Trump movement is more than willing to push Cruz along, knowing (1) full well Cruz can't get the nomination and (2) crushing the delegates' votes alerts the whole country to the type of candidate is Trump.

kaz, you are a libertarian, so you are not smart, I get that. So: many on the far right will think he is a "liberal" or something stupid like that. All they want is a reason to feel good for not voting for Trump. They want someone very foolish like Perry or Palin or Santorum.

To the OP: your trolling nonetheless, the Rules Committee is now in a no win position because it could not take the high road and do the right thing.

You know what's funny, Jake. I think government can't make better decisions over my life than I can. You think then can make better decisions than you can over yours ... and we're both right! Funktified, huh?

Never, ever assume you know more than me: big mistake. The anybody but Trump movement is more than willing to push Cruz along, knowing (1) full well Cruz can't get the nomination and (2) crushing the delegates' votes alerts the whole country to the type of candidate is Trump.

Very rarely is anyone wrong when they assume they know more than you do, Jake

You know what's funny, Jake. I think government can't make better decisions over my life than I can. You think then can make better decisions than you can over yours ... and we're both right! Funktified, huh?
The Rules Committee is not making decisions about your life, you moron. Grow up.

Forum List

Back