Jury deliberating in Michael Dunn trial

They could be debating on finding him guilty for Murder 1 or Murder 2.

Hopefully this is the case. I know there is going to be a nasty backlash if he is found innocent.

I'm not too sure they are debating whether it's going to be first degree or second degree murder. It could have something to do with the attempted murder charges regarding the others who were in the car with Davis.

The jury asked the judge if they could rule on one count but disagree on others (the judge said they could). This leads me to believe they have already decided to convict Dunn on the murder charge (which seems to be an open and shut case) and they are debating the attempted murder charges which are a little more complicated.

My personal opinion, for what is worth is that technically Dunn should be convicted of second degree murder, but juries sometimes ignore the law and seek what they perceive as justice instead. Dunn's behavior, such as firing at the fleeing teens, his failure to call 911 or anyone else about the event and his lies on the stand may move the jury to vote for first degree.

Either way, Dunn is done. There is no way in hell this guy walks. No way.

Yeah, personally I'd agree that it should be second degree murder, as well as one count of attempted murder for each of the other occupants in the vehicle, as well as a count of public endangerment. It seems that the prosecutor there is incompetent.

Hopefully this is the case. I know there is going to be a nasty backlash if he is found innocent.

I'm not too sure they are debating whether it's going to be first degree or second degree murder. It could have something to do with the attempted murder charges regarding the others who were in the car with Davis.

The jury asked the judge if they could rule on one count but disagree on others (the judge said they could). This leads me to believe they have already decided to convict Dunn on the murder charge (which seems to be an open and shut case) and they are debating the attempted murder charges which are a little more complicated.

My personal opinion, for what is worth is that technically Dunn should be convicted of second degree murder, but juries sometimes ignore the law and seek what they perceive as justice instead. Dunn's behavior, such as firing at the fleeing teens, his failure to call 911 or anyone else about the event and his lies on the stand may move the jury to vote for first degree.

That is what we have said countless times only to see the justice system let Black people down. Black people celebrating OJ's acquittal had nothing to do with OJ personally. Most would agree he did it or had knowledge of it even though the police planted evidence.

Nice dodge. See Post # 47. Point is, the white on black cases are sensationalized, but not the black on white cases. THAT is what we were talking about before you changed the subject.

Tell OJ that.

You're just looking at race, without considering why the Dunn and Zimmerman cases made national headlines. Dunn, because it's in Florida , he's using the SYG defense , and the Zimmerman case is still on our minds. Zimmerman because there was a international social media movement to bring him to trial. I'll just remind you that this movement transcended race. You're also ignoring, if you even know, the vast majority of white on black murder cases. Which are upwards toward some 400 - 500 case, most of which are not sensationalized.

Now, having said that. I agree that there needs to be more coverage of black on black crime. I'll also agree that the media tends to sensationalize some cases and not others. Where we seem to disagree is that there's some vast MSM conspiracy to ignore black on white crime. We have a mostly for profit media in this country. I think they're primarily motivated by profits. Not race. Race is just a means to an end.

First of all, since the last quote in the box is YOURS, I therefore don't know who you're talking to. In any case, I'll address what you said. Blacks are statistically 39 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa. Yet, it's only the white (or Hispanic) on black crimes that are being covered to a large degree. I've already stated that ratings is the motivation for the MSM's selectivity.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

Last edited:

That is what we have said countless times only to see the justice system let Black people down. Black people celebrating OJ's acquittal had nothing to do with OJ personally. Most would agree he did it or had knowledge of it even though the police planted evidence.

"Let black people down" ??? You say that as if you thought the determining factor in a case should be race, rather than guilt or innocence.
I'm still waiting for anyone in this thread to explain to me how there could be a conviction verdict in this case.

What's your explanation for a "way in hell" that he would NOT walk ? What you said in this post sure shouldn't cut it.

Last edited:

"Let black people down" ??? You say that as if you thought the determining factor in a case should be race, rather than guilt or innocence.
I'm still waiting for anyone in this thread to explain to me how there could be a conviction verdict in this case.

Only your warped brain would interpret it like that. If you could read everyone already contributed to the intellectual inferiors like you. Go back and concentrate hard on the evidence and you will have your explanation.

Only your warped brain would interpret it like that. If you could read everyone already contributed to the intellectual inferiors like you. Go back and concentrate hard on the evidence and you will have your explanation.

If you think you can do it, let's hear it, right now. I'm asking YOU, Asclepias. Now don't go ducking under that desk.

The HLN 'Verdict Watch', for what it is or is not worth, seem to believe that the jury is fighting over Murder 1 vs Murder 2, with maybe 1 or 2 or 3 hold outs for the Murder 2 verdict.

How could either of those be the verdict ? How can anyone establish that it was not self-defense ? (beyond a reasonable doubt)

If you think you can do it, let's hear it, right now. I'm asking YOU, Asclepias. Now don't go ducking under that desk.

No gun was ever found in the car the victim was in.

He never called the cops even after claiming he was afraid of gang retaliation.

He never told his fiance the kid threatened him with a gun.

He lied about several parts of his testimony or changed his story.

Maybe you haven't heard all the facts. No gun was found. BUT, the SUV left the scene for a short time and went to the next shopping mall about 400 ft away, and then returned. Plenty of time to dump the gun, if there was one. And the police didn't come and look for the gun until 4 days later.

If he was afraid of gang retaliation, that would explain not calling the cops.

I don't know about the fiancee, but the SUV leaving and returning is the main thing, IMO.

Changing a story happens frequently among criminal defendants, and often turns out to be just stress and confusion. The main thing here is the SUV. Who can PROVE (beyond a reasonable doubt) that they didn't have a gun, and dumped it in that adjacent shopping plaza ? And without being able to prove that, I see conviction as impossible.

Last edited:

Maybe you haven't heard all the facts. No gun was found. BUT, the SUV left the scene for a short time and went to the next shopping mall about 400 ft away, and then returned. Plenty of time to dump the gun, if there was one. And the police didn't come and look for the gun until 4 days later.

If he was afraid of gang retaliation, that would explain not calling the cops.

I don't know about the fiancee, but the SUV leaving and returning is the main thing, IMO.

Changing a story happens frequently among criminal defendants, and often turns out to be just stress and confusion. The main thing here is the SUV. Who can PROVE (beyond a reasonable doubt) that they didn't have a gun, and dumped it in that adjacent shopping plaza ? And without being able to prove that, I see conviction as impossible.
There may be a conviction out of fear of retaliation, but it'll most likely be overturned on appeal IMO.

Guilty or not guilty, these incidents are going to keep occurring because whites are getting tired of being harassed, threatened, and victimized by these thugs.

There's some truth in that, seems to me.
White people though need to get some tolerance, patience, and cool, calm and rational thinking...and make sure they always obey the law.
Penalties for breaking the law can be very severe, especially in America.

Retreat is often the wisest part of valour.

Guilty or not guilty, these incidents are going to keep occurring because whites are getting tired of being harassed, threatened, and victimized by these thugs.

White people though need to get some tolerance, patience, and cool, calm and rational thinking...and make sure they always obey the law.

But that's my point, they've shown amazing tolerance for decades and it's running out. Whites were willing to give up discrimination but blacks don't want to let the past go. Most of the people who discriminated in the past are dead. Most whites today have never practiced discrimination but are being targeted as though they have. How long can they be expected to put up with it?

But that's my point, they've shown amazing tolerance for decades and it's running out. Whites were willing to give up discrimination but blacks don't want to let the past go. Most of the people who discriminated in the past are dead. Most whites today have never practiced discrimination but are being targeted as though they have. How long can they be expected to put up with it?

What would you have Whites do, shoot people? then they'll finish up in prison, never to be seen again.
Gotta work smarter.

What would you have Whites do, shoot people? then they'll finish up in prison, never to be seen again.
Gotta work smarter.
I'm not saying that at all, just telling you what I see happening.

Forum List

Back