Just 5 days later: Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives

Great, I am going to have a husband for every day of the week, that way I can be sure not to get sick of them or wear them out! :D

Listen to your derogatory comments about Polygamist-Americans!! Bigot much? Are you that unaware of how offensive your comments are to the Brown family and others? I think they should sue you for emotional damages and your business should be boycotted or fined. There they are being denied their civil rights and there you are spewing hate and vitrole for their sexual orientation.

How dare you? Are you completely unaware of last Friday's Ruling?

Poly people, like gays, do have a sense of humor. They would be joining in this fun. (maybe they are now)

Unlike your hate-filled rants, none of us participating in this means them any harm.

Oh really? You can make derogatory and snide comments about polygamists and they're supposed to leave you alone with the lawsuits and such. But if someone merely says they're opposed to gay marriage, out come the tanks, the machine guns and the lawyers.

Uh-uh.. Nope! You should be fined or sued and your business shut down for berating Polygamist-Americans..

I don't think Winterborn is against polygamy and neither am I. We are joking around and having fun. You know . . . Jokes? Maybe you don't judging by your posts and your extreme anger issues. :funnyface:

I think Sil is afraid that having a sense of humor is gay, so she had hers surgically removed.
Fact is....precedent is set. States cannot define marriage.

No marriage application can be rejected.

Homo marriage is simply the first dominoe. It is what it is.

That is fact.

Sad but true.

Why is it "sad?" It's great. The government does not get to define marriage for others.

Well, since it affects your marriage and your life not at all, I don't see what your issue is with it. Don't get gay married. Simple.

If some dude screws goats it doesn't affect my marriage either........

I do not want my government sanctioning it though.

The argument is kinda looney

Great, I am going to have a husband for every day of the week, that way I can be sure not to get sick of them or wear them out! :D

Listen to your derogatory comments about Polygamist-Americans!! Bigot much? Are you that unaware of how offensive your comments are to the Brown family and others? I think they should sue you for emotional damages and your business should be boycotted or fined. There they are being denied their civil rights and there you are spewing hate and vitrole for their sexual orientation.

How dare you? Are you completely unaware of last Friday's Ruling?

Poly people, like gays, do have a sense of humor. They would be joining in this fun. (maybe they are now)

Unlike your hate-filled rants, none of us participating in this means them any harm.

Oh really? You can make derogatory and snide comments about polygamists and they're supposed to leave you alone with the lawsuits and such. But if someone merely says they're opposed to gay marriage, out come the tanks, the machine guns and the lawyers.

Uh-uh.. Nope! You should be fined or sued and your business shut down for berating Polygamist-Americans..

I don't think Winterborn is against polygamy and neither am I. We are joking around and having fun. You know . . . Jokes? Maybe you don't judging by your posts and your extreme anger issues. :funnyface:

I think Sil is afraid that having a sense of humor is gay, so she had hers surgically removed.

That is fact.

Sad but true.

Why is it "sad?" It's great. The government does not get to define marriage for others.

Big picture is not good I fear

Well, since it affects your marriage and your life not at all, I don't see what your issue is with it. Don't get gay married. Simple.

No one is sanctioning beastiality, so no worries, right? Goats cannot consent, correct?

That is fact.

Sad but true.

And why is that? Because it goes against your personal beliefs? Oh well, other people do not have to live according to your personal belief system.

Well, once again, the basic "consenting adults" thing handles all the goat marriage requests.

Government cannot define marriage. Period. Its now law.

If a church is willing to marry two women to one man....or marry one man to his goldfish....government cannot define it.

In fact...how can one state have age of marital consent laws inconsistent with the other 49? Whoever has the youngest law for age of marital consent...will soon force all 49 others to do the same.

Actually. ...states may lose the ability to define age of marital consent completely. And then...can you tell a husband he cant have sex with his wife?

And then....a 30 year old marries a 10 year old.

Folks....gays tipped this domino.

Well, once again, the basic "consenting adults" thing handles all the goat marriage requests.

But government cant define marriage.

"Consenting adults" clause...would be a definition.

Sound stupid? Well...bet we never thought anyone could sue over hot coffee. Now its standard.

If a church is willing to marry two women to one man....or marry one man to his goldfish....government cannot define it.

In fact...how can one state have age of marital consent laws inconsistent with the other 49? Whoever has the youngest law for age of marital consent...will soon force all 49 others to do the same.

Actually. ...states may lose the ability to define age of marital consent completely. And then...can you tell a husband he cant have sex with his wife?

Sorry, there still needs to be consent, and animals and children cannot consent.

ROFL. A 30-year-old cannot marry a 10-year-old because that would be breaking the law. The act of pedophilia and child molestation is STILL illegal. Keep to the subject matter please, consenting adult human beings.

No one is sanctioning beastiality, so no worries, right? Goats cannot consent, correct?

But how does it affect your marriage is the question.

That was faster than I thought it would be... by a couple of months, but here is it:

"A Montana man has applied for a marriage license so he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier of Billings said Wednesday that last week’s U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage inspired him to try to force the acceptance of polygamous marriages.

He says he’ll sue the state if his application is rejected.

Collier says Yellowstone County Courthouse officials initially denied the application Tuesday. When he told officials he planned to sue, they said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer."

Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives TheBlaze.com

You do realize that there were law suits about this before Friday's decision right?

As I have said before- either you have a good argument why you believe polygamous marriage should not be legal- or you don't.

Friday's decision doesn't change that.

ROFL. A 30-year-old cannot marry a 10-year-old because that would be breaking the law. The act of pedophilia and child molestation is STILL illegal. Keep to the subject matter please, consenting adult human beings.

There is no requirement to have sex in the marriage license.

Much cheaper than adoption.

That's not my argument

That is fact.

Sad but true.

And why is that? Because it goes against your personal beliefs? Oh well, other people do not have to live according to your personal belief system.

Officer, it can't be prostitution, he said he loved me......

Yep...the law set BY THE STATE.

But...if the state cant have marriage laws that define marriage.....

In Massachusetts a 12 year old can marry with parental consent. Thats law. Its illegal to have sex with a 12 year old. So....your argument fails.

States cannot define marriage. Any of it. Its law.

In Massachusetts a 12 year old can marry with parental consent. Thats law. Its illegal to have sex with a 12 year old. So....your argument fails.

So, according to the 14th amendment........

What a mess

So, according to the 14th amendment........

What a mess

Yep. A mess.

State cannot define marriage. So...it cant limit it. A limit...means fitting within a definition.

Forum List

Back