Just 5 days later: Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives

That was faster than I thought it would be... by a couple of months, but here is it:

"A Montana man has applied for a marriage license so he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier of Billings said Wednesday that last week’s U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage inspired him to try to force the acceptance of polygamous marriages.

He says he’ll sue the state if his application is rejected.

Collier says Yellowstone County Courthouse officials initially denied the application Tuesday. When he told officials he planned to sue, they said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer."

Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives TheBlaze.com
Now he gets to litigate this. He will lose because, unlike laws banning gay marriage, there are compelling governmental interests in not permitting legally recognized plural marriages. He can be "married" to as many women as he wants, but he can only have one legally recognized, with all of the rights and responsibilities that go with it.

Why? Who are you to say that? Who is the state to define his marriage?

The government could say it has interests in banning gay marriage too. Like population reproduction. Or both sex role models for a child.

It didnt. It said...the state cant define marriage.

You fags wanted it. You got it. And the aftermath will lay squarely on your shoulders in history books 150 years from now when men marry a goat and a stunning hot supermodel has 7 husbands...one for each day of the week who each play a specific want of hers.

Think how many wives Bill Clinton and other Rich dudes will have!

We may need a whole new reality show.

Wife Horders

What if it's a woman who wants to marry two or more men? :D

Why not ?
Again, we've redefined the definition of marriage, and since we know there are relationships such as the ones you suggest, why should they be illegal ?
How can anyone deny such a marriage if all parties are sane and all agree to it?
It's simply discriminatory to deny these alternative relationships the right to marry.

Think of all the tax deductions I can get if I married 10 Women.

Think of how CRAZIER I'd be if I married 10 Women!

Great, I am going to have a husband for every day of the week, that way I can be sure not to get sick of them or wear them out! :D

Listen to your derogatory comments about Polygamist-Americans!! Bigot much? Are you that unaware of how offensive your comments are to the Brown family and others? I think they should sue you for emotional damages and your business should be boycotted or fined. There they are being denied their civil rights and there you are spewing hate and vitrole for their sexual orientation.

How dare you? Are you completely unaware of last Friday's Ruling?

Poly people, like gays, do have a sense of humor. They would be joining in this fun. (maybe they are now)

Unlike your hate-filled rants, none of us participating in this means them any harm.

Oh really? You can make derogatory and snide comments about polygamists and they're supposed to leave you alone with the lawsuits and such. But if someone merely says they're opposed to gay marriage, out come the tanks, the machine guns and the lawyers.

Uh-uh.. Nope! You should be fined or sued and your business shut down for berating Polygamist-Americans..

I don't think Winterborn is against polygamy and neither am I. We are joking around and having fun. You know . . . Jokes? Maybe you don't judging by your posts and your extreme anger issues. :funnyface:

It's fun to joke, but I for one am being dead serious here. The door should be open to marriage for poly relationships.

It's fun to joke, but I for one am being dead serious here. The door should be open to marriage for poly relationships.

If the Justices are to be believed about the core intent of their use of the word "equality" in their Ruling, each and every single sexual-orientation, including polygamy and incest are ALREADY LEGAL TO MARRY. There can be no discrimination, remember? The Court JUST TOLD US THAT!

In Ruling the way they did to create a brand new fundamental change to the physical structure of marriage to render children in them either fatherless or motherless, there can be no, none, ZERO objections to any other type of sexual orientation that might be argued "could be an untried detriment to children". The Court has just made "an untried detriment to children" a matter of nationally-binding law. Well, really, it's an addition to the Constitution; which of course the Court is forbidden to do.

Fact is....precedent is set. States cannot define marriage.

No marriage application can be rejected.

Homo marriage is simply the first dominoe. It is what it is.

Well, since it affects your marriage and your life not at all, I don't see what your issue is with it. Don't get gay married. Simple.

If some dude screws goats it doesn't affect my marriage either........

I do not want my government sanctioning it though.

The argument is kinda looney

That's not a good argument. A goat cannot agree to be screwed or married.
People can, and as long as all agree to be be married to each other it would be wrong and discriminatory to deny them the legal opportunity.

If the Justices are to be believed about the core intent of their use of the word "equality" in their Ruling, each and every single sexual-orientation, including polygamy and incest are ALREADY LEGAL TO MARRY. There can be no discrimination, remember? The Court JUST TOLD US THAT!

Hopefully that is the case.

Government cannot define marriage. Period. Its now law.

If a church is willing to marry two women to one man....or marry one man to his goldfish....government cannot define it.

In fact...how can one state have age of marital consent laws inconsistent with the other 49? Whoever has the youngest law for age of marital consent...will soon force all 49 others to do the same.

Actually. ...states may lose the ability to define age of marital consent completely. And then...can you tell a husband he cant have sex with his wife?

And then....a 30 year old marries a 10 year old.

Folks....gays tipped this domino.

ROFL. A 30-year-old cannot marry a 10-year-old because that would be breaking the law. The act of pedophilia and child molestation is STILL illegal. Keep to the subject matter please, consenting adult human beings.

Yep...the law set BY THE STATE.

But...if the state cant have marriage laws that define marriage.....

In Massachusetts a 12 year old can marry with parental consent. Thats law. Its illegal to have sex with a 12 year old. So....your argument fails.

States cannot define marriage. Any of it. Its law.

Not without a judge's approval. Find me a case where a 12-year-old was married in Massachusetts.

If a church is willing to marry two women to one man....or marry one man to his goldfish....government cannot define it.

In fact...how can one state have age of marital consent laws inconsistent with the other 49? Whoever has the youngest law for age of marital consent...will soon force all 49 others to do the same.

Actually. ...states may lose the ability to define age of marital consent completely. And then...can you tell a husband he cant have sex with his wife?

ROFL. A 30-year-old cannot marry a 10-year-old because that would be breaking the law. The act of pedophilia and child molestation is STILL illegal. Keep to the subject matter please, consenting adult human beings.

Yep...the law set BY THE STATE.

But...if the state cant have marriage laws that define marriage.....

In Massachusetts a 12 year old can marry with parental consent. Thats law. Its illegal to have sex with a 12 year old. So....your argument fails.

States cannot define marriage. Any of it. Its law.

So, according to the 14th amendment........

What a mess

Yep. A mess.

State cannot define marriage. So...it cant limit it. A limit...means fitting within a definition.

Sure they can. Why can't they set limits? Not being allowed to say who (among consenting adults) can and cannot be married does not mean that they can't still say it is illegal to marry children or animals, since neither are legally able to consent. That is the reason why 12 year olds are not being married in Massachusetts.

I know of parrots that could, they could even say "I do".

Well, since it affects your marriage and your life not at all, I don't see what your issue is with it. Don't get gay married. Simple.

No one is sanctioning beastiality, so no worries, right? Goats cannot consent, correct?

I know of parrots that could, they could even say "I do".

No one is sanctioning beastiality, so no worries, right? Goats cannot consent, correct?

I sure hope this is a joke.

I'm not a fan of children being around polygamy, incest or gay "marriages". I worry about kids first. The adults are an afterthought. The point as you know is that the US Supreme Court is disallowed from picking favorites. Therefore since the precedent has been set where adults come first and the kids are an afterthought, any and all combinations of adults claiming a given sexual orientation may not anymore be turned away.

I'm not a fan of children being around polygamy, incest or gay "marriages". I worry about kids first. The adults are an afterthought. The point as you know is that the US Supreme Court is disallowed from picking favorites. Therefore since the precedent has been set where adults come first and the kids are an afterthought, any and all combinations of adults claiming a given sexual orientation may not anymore be turned away.

What going to happen to the kids?

I think Sil is afraid that having a sense of humor is gay, so she had hers surgically removed.

That is fact.

Sad but true.

Why is it "sad?" It's great. The government does not get to define marriage for others.

Big picture is not good I fear

And why is that? Because it goes against your personal beliefs? Oh well, other people do not have to live according to your personal belief system.

Officer, it can't be prostitution, he said he loved me......

Sorry, don't know what this nonsense is supposed to mean . . .

There is no requirement to have sex in the marriage license.

Much cheaper than adoption.

What are you talking about? Get your head out of your arse, will you?

But how does it affect your marriage is the question.

Why don't you tell me? How does it affect your marriage?

This: Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess.. Teens without parent role model are 67 per cent less likely to get a job Daily Mail Online

more..

Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging

Well, once again, the basic "consenting adults" thing handles all the goat marriage requests.

That's not my argument

Well then, perhaps you need to elaborate. What is your argument?

This: Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Young men with no male role models in their lives and women without a mother figure struggle to keep their lives on track, a hard-hitting report warns today. The Prince’s Trust youth index, the largest survey of its kind, found that....67 per cent more likely to be unemployed than their counterparts. They are also significantly more likely to stay unemployed for longer than their peers, the report suggests....It found that young men with no male role model are 50 per cent more likely to abuse drugs and young females in the corresponding position are significantly more likely to drink to excess.. Teens without parent role model are 67 per cent less likely to get a job Daily Mail Online

more..

Young men with no male role model to look up to were twice as likely to turn or consider turning to crime as a result of being unemployed...The report, which was based on interviews with 2,170 16 to 25-year-olds...These young men are also three times more likely to feel down or depressed all of the time and significantly more likely to admit that they cannot remember the last time they felt proud...They are also significantly less likely to feel happy and confident than those with male role models, according to the figures....The Prince’s Trust report, which was carried out by YouGov, suggests young people without male role models are more than twice as likely to lack a sense of belonging

Sorry, but there are plenty of kids who come from heterosexual monogamous relationships who also have problems. Besides, you couldn't give a crap about the kids. Quit being dishonest.

more..

Jeffrey Dahmer was born on May 21, 1960 in West Allis, Wisconsin, the first of two sons born to Joyce Annette (née Flint) and Lionel Herbert Dahmer. Dahmer's mother worked as a teletype machine instructor,[7] whereas his father was a student at Marquette University, working towards a degree in chemistry. His father was of German ancestry, and his mother was of Welsh ancestry.[8]

Although Dahmer was doted upon as an infant and toddler by both parents, his mother was known to be tense, greedy for attention, and argumentative with both her husband and her neighbors.[6] As her son entered first grade, Joyce Dahmer began to spend an increasing amount of her time in bed recovering from weakness. Lionel's university studies kept him away from home much of the time; when he was home, Joyce demanded constant attention. She reportedly would work herself into a state of anxiety over trivial matters simply to achieve appeasement from her husband. On one occasion, Joyce Dahmer attempted suicide from an overdose of the Equanil pills to which she had become addicted.[9] As a result, neither parent had much time to care for Jeffrey.[10]

Dahmer himself recalled his early years of family life as being of "extreme tension" which he noted between his parents, whom he observed to be constantly arguing with each other. At school, he was both quiet and timid; on his first grade report card, one teacher described Dahmer as a reserved child whom she sensed to feel neglected,[11] and he was regarded as a "quiet kid" by many of his peers. Although largely reserved and uncommunicative in grade school, Dahmer did have a small number of friends.[12]

Forum List

Back