Just 5 days later: Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives

That was faster than I thought it would be... by a couple of months, but here is it:

"A Montana man has applied for a marriage license so he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier of Billings said Wednesday that last week’s U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage inspired him to try to force the acceptance of polygamous marriages.

He says he’ll sue the state if his application is rejected.

Collier says Yellowstone County Courthouse officials initially denied the application Tuesday. When he told officials he planned to sue, they said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer."

Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives TheBlaze.com
Now he gets to litigate this. He will lose because, unlike laws banning gay marriage, there are compelling governmental interests in not permitting legally recognized plural marriages. He can be "married" to as many women as he wants, but he can only have one legally recognized, with all of the rights and responsibilities that go with it.

Why? Who are you to say that? Who is the state to define his marriage?

The government could say it has interests in banning gay marriage too. Like population reproduction. Or both sex role models for a child.

It didnt. It said...the state cant define marriage.

You fags wanted it. You got it. And the aftermath will lay squarely on your shoulders in history books 150 years from now when men marry a goat and a stunning hot supermodel has 7 husbands...one for each day of the week who each play a specific want of hers.

Think how many wives Bill Clinton and other Rich dudes will have!

We may need a whole new reality show.

Wife Horders

What if it's a woman who wants to marry two or more men? :D

Under polygamy it is either way. Polyandry is one wife with more than one husband. Polygyny is one husband with more than one wife.

That was faster than I thought it would be... by a couple of months, but here is it:

"A Montana man has applied for a marriage license so he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier of Billings said Wednesday that last week’s U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage inspired him to try to force the acceptance of polygamous marriages.

Collier says Yellowstone County Courthouse officials initially denied the application Tuesday. When he told officials he planned to sue, they said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer."

Now he gets to litigate this. He will lose because, unlike laws banning gay marriage, there are compelling governmental interests in not permitting legally recognized plural marriages. He can be "married" to as many women as he wants, but he can only have one legally recognized, with all of the rights and responsibilities that go with it.

The government could say it has interests in banning gay marriage too. Like population reproduction. Or both sex role models for a child.

You fags wanted it. You got it. And the aftermath will lay squarely on your shoulders in history books 150 years from now when men marry a goat and a stunning hot supermodel has 7 husbands...one for each day of the week who each play a specific want of hers.

Wife Horders

Under polygamy it is either way. Polyandry is one wife with more than one husband. Polygyny is one husband with more than one wife.

Great, I am going to have a husband for every day of the week, that way I can be sure not to get sick of them or wear them out! :D

Wife Horders

How about this ideal for a woman? Have two husbands. Find one who is gay (and willing to limit his sexual activity). That way you have two providers, only one wanting sex, and one that will help decorate, watch chick flicks, and knows fashion.

Wife Horders

How about this ideal for a woman? Have two husbands. Find one who is gay (and willing to limit his sexual activity). That way you have two providers, only one wanting sex, and one that will help decorate, watch chick flicks, and knows fashion.

Ba-ha-ha! That's an awesome idea! :lol: I'm going to ask MDK to marry me.

Wife Horders

That's been my point all along, the assumption that it would be male dominated.

In reality I think gays will engage in polygamy much more than hetros

Wife Horders

Perhaps, but polyandry isn't as uncommon as some might think!

When Taking Multiple Husbands Makes Sense - The Atlantic

Wife Horders

Perhaps, but polyandry isn't as uncommon as some might think!

When Taking Multiple Husbands Makes Sense - The Atlantic

Why the hell else would a woman have two breasts?

Great, I am going to have a husband for every day of the week, that way I can be sure not to get sick of them or wear them out! :D

Listen to your derogatory comments about Polygamist-Americans!! Bigot much? Are you that unaware of how offensive your comments are to the Brown family and others? I think they should sue you for emotional damages and your business should be boycotted or fined. There they are being denied their civil rights and there you are spewing hate and vitrole for their sexual orientation.

How dare you? Are you completely unaware of last Friday's Ruling?

Listen to your derogatory comments about Polygamist-Americans!! Bigot much? Are you that unaware of how offensive your comments are to the Brown family and others? I think they should sue you for emotional damages and your business should be boycotted or fined. There they are being denied their civil rights and there you are spewing hate and vitrole for their sexual orientation.

Is this supposed to be serious? :D

Poly people, like gays, do have a sense of humor. They would be joining in this fun. (maybe they are now)

Unlike your hate-filled rants, none of us participating in this means them any harm.

Poly people, like gays, do have a sense of humor. They would be joining in this fun. (maybe they are now)

Unlike your hate-filled rants, none of us participating in this means them any harm.

Oh really? You can make derogatory and snide comments about polygamists and they're supposed to leave you alone with the lawsuits and such. But if someone merely says they're opposed to gay marriage, out come the tanks, the machine guns and the lawyers.

Uh-uh.. Nope! You should be fined or sued and your business shut down for berating Polygamist-Americans..

Oh really? You can make derogatory and snide comments about polygamists and they're supposed to leave you alone with the lawsuits and such. But if someone merely says they're opposed to gay marriage, out come the tanks, the machine guns and the lawyers.

Uh-uh.. Nope! You should be fined or sued and your business shut down for berating Polygamist-Americans..

images

Wait, I just realized how damn funny this whole conversation is:

Get this, those opposed to this idea think it's perfectly fine for one Man to stick his dong in another mans butt, but heaven forbid a Man wants to have relationships with more than one woman?

You simply can't make this stuff up!!!!

Really? Please show me one person who merely said they were opposed to gay marriage and then got sued?

And I don't see ANYTHING in the posts that is one-tenth as hostile and degrading as the bullshit you have posted. So spare us the fake indignation.

I don't think Winterborn is against polygamy and neither am I. We are joking around and having fun. You know . . . Jokes? Maybe you don't judging by your posts and your extreme anger issues. :funnyface:

I don't think Winterborn is against polygamy and neither am I. We are joking around and having fun. You know . . . Jokes? Maybe you don't judging by your posts and your extreme anger issues. :funnyface:

I think Sil is afraid that having a sense of humor is gay, so she had hers surgically removed.

Fact is....precedent is set. States cannot define marriage.

No marriage application can be rejected.

Homo marriage is simply the first dominoe. It is what it is.

Well, since it affects your marriage and your life not at all, I don't see what your issue is with it. Don't get gay married. Simple.

I think Sil is afraid that having a sense of humor is gay, so she had hers surgically removed.

That is fact.

Sad but true.

Forum List

Back