🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just a Reminder about the Keystone Pipeline

Lol this is the last time i am going to mention it. What is the environmental argument?

The environmental argument against, aside from the hundreds of thousands of oil spills that have already happened from pipelines, is that the sludge itself isn't sweet crude, so it requires more fossil fuels to refine it, and that results in a belching of even more carbon into the atmosphere. The Tar Sands Sludge is just that; sludge. It requires more refining than sweet crude, and that results in more emissions.

WTF do you keep bringing up conservatives? Do you have a fetish?

Because Conservatives are the ones stupidly supporting this dumb thing, even though it would end up costing them more. At this point, Conservatives merely support it because liberals oppose it. Conservatives cannot make a truthful argument in favor of KXL.
Well, that makes sense (more steps in refining)
Pipelines are the safest mode of transport. The leaks happen less often and they dont catch on fire like rail cars.

pipelines are the safest way to transport it though.

Not so.

Between 2004 and 2012, oil pipelines spilled more oil than trains. Even though there were fewer pipeline spills than train spills, pipeline spills were far larger as the IEA and PHMSA say:

According to the same PHMSA dataset, compiled and analysed by the International Energy Agency, U.S. pipelines spilled three times as much crude oil as trains over that eight-year period, even though incidents happened much less frequently. And that eight-year period was dominated by large pipeline spill events, including one that saw 800,000 gallons of Canadian tar sands crude spill in and around the Kalamazoo River, and another 63,000 gallon pipeline spill into the Yellowstone River.
So someone is pulling your leg here...they're making it sound like because there were more train spills than pipeline spills, that means the pipelines are safer except for the fact that pipeline spills, while less frequent, are far more damaging.

Progressives may need a reminder of where oil comes from.

The classic smart dumb guy response. I' guessing that since oil comes from the ground then spilling it anywhere on earth is a net no effect. Just like you breath air so air in all cases is good. Like Cyclones and Hurricanes.

Accidents happen, it’s not the end of the world.

Now, do you want all oil production and transportation halted, or not?

Why would I want that? I simply have a problem with an oil spill. Is that ok or do you have to portray me as wanting to topple global oil markets as a reasonable reply?

I see, so not all oil production and transportation is a problem. Just the one liberals harped on and President Trump formed an opinion on.

You’re politicizing it, you lied about it being on the reservation, you’ve been called out, so now your arguement is “I simply have a problem with an oil spill”.

Pipelines are the safest mode of transport. The leaks happen less often and they dont catch on fire like rail cars.

No, they're not. While pipeline spills are less frequent than train spills, pipeline spills are far more damaging. From 2004-2012, pipeline spills accounted for three times as much oil than spilled by trains.

see, so not all oil production and transportation is a problem. Just the one liberals harped on and President Trump formed an opinion on.
You’re politicizing it, you lied about it being on the reservation, you’ve been called out, so now your arguement is “I simply have a problem with an oil spill”.

There is no economic argument in support of KXL other than making TransCanada wealthier.
  • KXL would increase oil prices by removing the oversupply US PADD II refineries currently enjoy
  • Oil pipeline spills are far more damaging and larger than train spills, even though they are less frequent
  • The cost of emissions it takes to refine Tar Sands sludge makes their refining moot when a higher price comes from KXL.
  • There already is a pipeline that carries sludge from Alberta to the US, so KXL is unnecessary

No, they're not. While pipeline spills are less frequent than train spills, pipeline spills are far more damaging. From 2004-2012, pipeline spills accounted for three times as much oil than spilled by trains.
Pipelines are the most popular mode of transport because they are cheaper, less likely to spill and they are more environmentally safe.
With crude, it is like that saying "pick your poison". Just like our 2016 election lol

Pipelines are the most popular mode of transport because they are cheaper, less likely to spill and they are more environmentally safe.

No they're not, as the data I posted shows. In fact, pipelines are more dangerous because there's more of a risk of a bigger spill from them. So they're not "cheaper" because their disastrous spills end up costing more to clean them up.

So you have the information that for the eight year period between 2004-2012, when the PHMSA and IEA did their review, that more oil was lost to pipeline spills than train spills...when given this information you completely ignore it because it doesn't fit the false narrative you're trying to construct.

So what happens when your argument is contradicted by the facts? You double down and repeat yourself. All to serve what end? That's what I don't understand. You're given clear, concise data that produces a conclusion that -setting the ill economic effects of KXL- pipelines are far more risky than trains in terms of gross oil spilled. You see the data. You read it with your own eyes. But then you...ignore it? How come?

With crude, it is like that saying "pick your poison". Just like our 2016 election lol

It's like the 2016 election in that there's a clear, obvious choice between the status quo and unnecessary risk.

And non-indigenes were riding against the pipelines that threaten one hell of a lot more water before that: Biketheline.org

How stupid is it to put a bunch of oil pipelines on top of the second largest aquifer in the world, though? That thing supplies water to several surrounding states. Well, at the very least, it's inconsiderate. And that's tar sands crude, too. The worst of all. What the heck?

How stupid is it to put a bunch of oil pipelines on top of the second largest aquifer in the world, though?

Depends. How far below the surface is the aquifer?
It's not like an oil spill will rapidly soak 100 feet into the ground, right?

see, so not all oil production and transportation is a problem. Just the one liberals harped on and President Trump formed an opinion on.

There is no economic argument in support of KXL other than making TransCanada wealthier.
  • KXL would increase oil prices by removing the oversupply US PADD II refineries currently enjoy
  • Oil pipeline spills are far more damaging and larger than train spills, even though they are less frequent
  • The cost of emissions it takes to refine Tar Sands sludge makes their refining moot when a higher price comes from KXL.
  • There already is a pipeline that carries sludge from Alberta to the US, so KXL is unnecessary

No economic arguement? Our country needs oil, and if we can buy it cheap from Canadians then why not? It’s better than paying Saudis or other Muslims. I don’t think anyone wants the pipeline to “make Canada rich”, it’s simply a matter of supply and demand of a natural resource.

A Muslim rad sabotaging the pipeline under Lake Superior would interfere with American petroleum addiction's unlimited sugar-plum fantasies.

Progressives may need a reminder of where oil comes from.

The classic smart dumb guy response. I' guessing that since oil comes from the ground then spilling it anywhere on earth is a net no effect. Just like you breath air so air in all cases is good. Like Cyclones and Hurricanes.

Accidents happen, it’s not the end of the world.

Now, do you want all oil production and transportation halted, or not?

Why would I want that? I simply have a problem with an oil spill. Is that ok or do you have to portray me as wanting to topple global oil markets as a reasonable reply?

I see, so not all oil production and transportation is a problem. Just the one liberals harped on and President Trump formed an opinion on.

Jesup christ, can anyone like it dislike anything without you making it about whether or not someone likes Trump. The oil spilling is the issue.

Go much of that oil stays in the united states.....people here claimed every last drop of it....they said it over and over. Lmao. Sounds like the designers engineers and workers were all very inept. Fact.

Forum List

Back