Just how many jobs did Romney create?

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Anyone know if he created any jobs at all, and if so how many?

More important secondary question- what kind of jobs did he create.

He tries to excuse the jobs lost at AmPad and GS Steel- good paying union jobs with decent benefits, by claiming he created jobs at places like Staples.

So good paying, family supporting job replaced by a crappy retail job with no benefits?

Doesn't seem like a good deal.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

It's funny how it's SUCH a round number, isn't it? I mean, he didn't say he created 96,000 jobs or 108,000 jobs. It's 100,000. Now, what are the chances that the number would be such a round number? It's not likely. I think he just plucked the number out of thin air.

Yes he did. It was obviously many more than 100,000

By 'Romney' do you mean 'Bains'? One is an individual, the other the company he worked for. If you look at Bain's website, and take a look at the companies they have invested in... then I see it as perfect reasonable for them to quote a figure of 100,000. They have invested in some very large companies.

How does that prove the jobs were created as an effect of that investment?

Could you please study up (preferably from a non partisan source) what 'venture capital' and 'private equity' firms do. If you understood that, you would not ask such a mindless question.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

He tries to excuse the jobs lost at AmPad and GS Steel- good paying union jobs with decent benefits, by claiming he created jobs at places like Staples.

So good paying, family supporting job replaced by a crappy retail job with no benefits?

Surely you don't suggest that these failed companys were on their way to success and Romney just put an end to it.

AmPad's last independent decision before Bain took over was to buy a typewriter company! How stupid is that?

By 'Romney' do you mean 'Bains'? One is an individual, the other the company he worked for. If you look at Bain's website, and take a look at the companies they have invested in... then I see it as perfect reasonable for them to quote a figure of 100,000. They have invested in some very large companies.

Could you please study up (preferably from a non partisan source) what 'venture capital' and 'private equity' firms do. If you understood that, you would not ask such a mindless question.

Translation: I can't prove cause and effect.

question: Have you ever seen a company's stock price skyrocket on the announcement of mass layoffs?

I have, many times.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Do you know the difference between a company and a government? He wasn't 'creating jobs' as a political ploy - it's a private investment company, you thick idiot.

Seriously, you are rapidly becoming as big a joke as TruthMocker, Rdweeb and TeaPartySamuri. That that is not good - nope.

Translation: I can't prove cause and effect.

question: Have you ever seen a company's stock price skyrocket on the announcement of mass layoffs?

I have, many times.

You have mistranslated.... I apologize if 'intelligent' is not your first language.

Seriously, you seem to lack even a basic understanding of what VCs and PE companies do. If you understood it, you would understand why you're being ridiculous.

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

Well let's see, They helped get Staples off the ground. They now employ 90,000 people. That's just 1 of over 100 Companies Bain Invested in.

I say, you are an idiot.

Just so I get this, We can not count the actual jobs created by Bain Investments, but Obama is allowed to Claim he "saved of Created Jobs"

Do you people even listen to yourselves? you are like the text book definition of Hypocritical assholes.

Last edited:
Hilarious. Look at all these right wingers defending someone who denies what he said a mere ten minutes ago.

The truth is, if Bain created 100,000 jobs, then they should be proud. They should just release their records, like Mitt should release his tax returns. We are not saying we don't believe it, we are just saying we want proof.

Don't you guys? You wanted Obama's long form birth certificate. Hawaii had to make an exception to state law for a party that's all about, get this, "State's Rights". Hilarious. Didn't I tell you?

They are so desparte to get a white guy in the WHITE House, they are willing to take anyone for any reason no matter what they've done.

In fact, Willard has relatives in Mexico, his parents lived in Canada, he speaks "French", is the fucker even American??????????????????????? I want to see the fucker's LONG FORM birth certificate before anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious. Look at all these right wingers defending someone who denies what he said a mere ten minutes ago.

The truth is, if Bain created 100,000 jobs, then they should be proud. They should just release their records, like Mitt should release his tax returns. We are not saying we don't believe it, we are just saying we want proof.

Don't you guys? You wanted Obama's long form birth certificate. Hawaii had to make an exception to state law for a party that's all about, get this, "State's Rights". Hilarious. Didn't I tell you?

They are so desparte to get a white guy in the WHITE House, they are willing to take anyone for any reason no matter what they've done.

In fact, Willard has relatives in Mexico, his parents lived in Canada, he speaks "French", is the fucker even American??????????????????????? I want to see the fucker's LONG FORM birth certificate before anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from someone who, just minutes ago, lied about what Romney said... only 6% of posters will take you seriously.

And they are not scientists.

Coming from someone who, just minutes ago, lied about what Romney said... only 6% of posters will take you seriously.

And they are not scientists.

What lie?

Just so I am sure I have it right. You think Romney should release the Info of a private investment firm, but defended Obama not releasing his School Records?

lol

This is pretty funny, a video of Mitten walking back from "over 100,000 jobs" to " tens of thousands of jobs" to now just "thousands." I guess even he finally realized his lie wasn't going over.

Maybe tomorrow he'll be claiming "hundreds" of jobs.

:thup:

Livewire | TPM

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

I say twice as many as Obama said he saved....maybe 5x :clap2:

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

PolitiFact | Rick Perry says the 2009 stimulus 'created zero jobs'

four independent analyses by the Congressional Budget Office and three private economic analysis companies. Here’s what the groups found:

• CBO: Between 1.3 million and 3.6 million jobs saved or created.

• IHS/Global Insight: 2.45 million jobs saved or created.

• Macroeconomic Advisers: 2.3 million jobs saved or created.

• Moody’s Economy.com: 2.5 million jobs saved or created.

Note the language "created or saved," which means not every one of those more than a million jobs count as "created," as Perry said.

Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money - Bloomberg

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

Don't like the link? Fine. Do a Google Search: Republicans took stimulus money and see how many thousands of jobs they created. It was Obama's stimulus, he should get the credit.

https://www.google.com/#pq=republic....,cf.osb&fp=6c1fac29b76cd2e5&biw=1742&bih=882

This is exactly why Right Wingers hate me. The "truth" intrudes on their "fantasy world".

This is pretty funny, a video of Mitten walking back from "over 100,000 jobs" to " tens of thousands of jobs" to now just "thousands." I guess even he finally realized his lie wasn't going over.

Maybe tomorrow he'll be claiming "hundreds" of jobs.

:thup:

Livewire | TPM

If I were Mitt (lovin' the Mittens nickname though :lol:).... and I could prove a substantial number of jobs created.... I sure as hell would not put it out yet. I would hold on to it until the GE... and then ram it down Obama's throat during a debate - live - with the evidence to prove it.

Y'all better hope Mittens isn't as devious as me. :eek:

He says 100,000.

I say he's lying.

I say twice as many as Obama said he saved....maybe 5x :clap2:

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

PolitiFact | Rick Perry says the 2009 stimulus 'created zero jobs'

four independent analyses by the Congressional Budget Office and three private economic analysis companies. Here’s what the groups found:

• CBO: Between 1.3 million and 3.6 million jobs saved or created.

• IHS/Global Insight: 2.45 million jobs saved or created.

• Macroeconomic Advisers: 2.3 million jobs saved or created.

• Moody’s Economy.com: 2.5 million jobs saved or created.

Note the language "created or saved," which means not every one of those more than a million jobs count as "created," as Perry said.

Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money - Bloomberg

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

Don't like the link? Fine. Do a Google Search: Republicans took stimulus money and see how many thousands of jobs they created. It was Obama's stimulus, he should get the credit.

https://www.google.com/#pq=republic....,cf.osb&fp=6c1fac29b76cd2e5&biw=1742&bih=882

This is exactly why Right Wingers hate me. The "truth" intrudes on their "fantasy world".

We don't 'hate' you, deenybopper. Only 6% of us even read your 'truth'... mainly because it just doesn't fit the definition of the word.

Just so I am sure I have it right. You think Romney should release the Info of a private investment firm, but defended Obama not releasing his School Records?

lol

No, Right Wingers went against STATE LAW to force Hawaii to release their private property, which is how they, as well as other states, see a long form birth certificate.

I want to see Willard's long form birth certificate AND I want to see Mitt's tax returns. Why not? Obama released his. Don't you think Mitt should? The black guy did.

Now, as far as the jobs claim, we know Obama has told the truth. Only you guys lie, as always. We both know it. If Bain had created all those jobs, you would think they would be proud to "Prove it". If it can't be proven, stop saying it. Romney already has a credibility problem. Is that something any right winger can deny? Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back