Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

Justifiable use of deadly force or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The guy assaulted him.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Would it be ok for a child to do this on the play ground? Since when does the punishment for assault involve the DEATH PENALTY? Has anyone ever been given the death penalty for pushing a man to the ground in the United States?
People have been killed from being pushed to the ground...
But he wasn’t

So he wasn’t justified to use deadly force
Wrong. How stupid are you? Wait till you are killed; and then use deadly force? Try it, and let us know how that works out...
Shoot first, ask questions later

This is a situation where an armed citizen did not save a life
An overreaction by an armed citizen turned a shouting and shoving situation into a homicide

If it was a simple shove I'd agree with you.
Sending the dude flying makes it a bit different.

If you came out and a guy was screaming at your wife in the parking lot, you wouldn't feel your family is physically threatened by that?

She was in the car.....my wife would of had the window up - hand on her Glock 43.

I would have slid into the passenger seat ready to draw my Glock 19 if necessary.

Back out. Leave,

You re going to leave your kid in the store?

He continually staged the event but never brandished or used his weapon therefore he was looking to use his weapon isnt supported by his factual actions, He used only after being attacked.

Thats my take on it.
The could have walked up and asked what the problem was instead he escalated the tension.

Yes, he could have. But you're talking about the victim, not the shooter, who initiated "the tension."

The odds of any one loop ending in a death was probably low. But he kept repeating the scenario.

If the odds of a shooting in one case is 20% and you repeat that scenario 10 times, the odds of a shooting becomes 90%

Thats the thing though.
The guy was known to be a parking lot nazi even the guy in the interview said it.
The guy that was shot had to know this since he was a daily customer.
And is there any liability for the store owner? He said the guy hung out there everyday. If he was a problem why didnt he call the cops and have him removed?

That's a big stretch that the guy who was shot had to know that. You have no basis to say that.

All I can say is that if I was armed and I initiated aggression like the shooter did, then no one I grew up with would say I did the right thing. And I think the'd be right.

That someone can stage a murder and those of you who are defending it are defending it is inexplicable to me. He created a situation where he introduced aggression into the situation and kept repeating it while armed. That was a guaranteed death, which is not what the second amendment is about

If the guy was a problem why didnt the owner have him removed from the premises a long time ago?
That doesnt ad up.

Thats beside the point. You dont attack someone over a verbal confrontation.

Advertising?

My God man, learn to write!

I'm not sure how you can say he staged it,let alone repeatedly.
The store owner's testimony says as much.

Just went back and read the story again....
I didnt see anything like you're stating.
Some other link I'm missing?
Theres a video in the OP, with the store owner being interviewed and a video of the incident as well.

Where's the interview from the store clerk?

The video of the shooting pretty much clears the shooter.

Someone pushes you down and backs away and your response is to kill him? I hope you have a pretty mouth, because it might keep you alive in prison.

You are one stupid mother fucker.
I have said at least three times in this thread that I wouldnt have shot the dude!!! Are ya fucken retarded or just simple?

The store owner's testimony says as much.

Just went back and read the story again....
I didnt see anything like you're stating.
Some other link I'm missing?
Theres a video in the OP, with the store owner being interviewed and a video of the incident as well.

Where's the interview from the store clerk?

The video of the shooting pretty much clears the shooter.[/QUOTE]

Someone pushes you down and backs away and your response is to kill him? I hope you have a pretty mouth, because it might keep you alive in prison.

You are one stupid mother fucker.
I have said at least three times in this thread that I wouldnt have shot the dude!!! Are ya fucken retarded or just simple?

It doesn't clear the shooter! I don't know what you are watching, but it wasn't this incident if that is what you think.

Its not my opinion. The matter went to hearing on charges where an SYG case was presented and the judge dismissed it. It is how FL law works.

Had the judge not dismissed it would have gone to trial.

SYG allows judges to dismiss self-defense cases pre-trial if the defender was under going lawful activity and had a reasonable fear of great bodily injury or death.

Justified. If the guy on the ground was in fear of his safety.

So as long as your afraid, your justified in taking another mans life? Taking another mans life is dependent on your emotional state?

No, it's dependent on what the other guy might do next...the black guy didn't turn and walk away after he flattened the smaller white guy....he continued menacing him...justified shooting.

Where is he going to walk to in the few seconds it took for the shooter to kill him? He was standing next to the car, wasn't he?

Forum List

Back