Justified?

There will always be bad people in every profession. It’s better to stay alive, and fight the issue out in court afterwards than have “He was Right” engraved on your tombstone.

I’m an Authoritarian. I’ve made no attempt to hide that. I’ve been brutally honest about it.

You'd be really happy in China or North Korea.

edit to add: Or Canada or Australia.

The fact that you require an explanation proves my point
… a point you still haven’t made.

If you’re suggesting that my prior post provides evidence that people like me want all black people dead, you’re wrong. We want all CRIMINALS (and their associates) dead, regardless of their race or gender.

… a point you still haven’t made.

If you’re suggesting that my prior post provides evidence that people like me want all black people dead, you’re wrong. We want all CRIMINALS (and their associates) dead, regardless of their race or gender.
Often police arrest people they assume to be criminals who are innocent. The cops should not be judge, jury and executioner. Plus if a person commits a minor offense he is a criminal — do you want him dead too?

I agree that you are an authoritarian. You perhaps live in the wrong place at the wrong time. Germany in the 1930s up to the mid 1940s might be a better time frame.

Often police arrest people they assume to be criminals who are innocent. The cops should not be judge, jury and executioner. Plus if a person commits a minor offense he is a criminal — do you want him dead too?
They may be “not guilty” of whatever they’re charged with, but no human being over age three is truly innocent. That’s human nature.

.Resisting or running from the Police should be an immediate Guilty plea. Anyone found guilty of a single misdemeanor should go to jail for life. Multiple misdemeanors or a felony should be capital offenses… Death by a single marksman at 30 yards with a .50BMG to the head 24 hours after conviction
I agree that you are an authoritarian. You perhaps live in the wrong place at the wrong time. Germany in the 1930s up to the mid 1940s might be a better time frame
Nah. The Nazis were Authoritarian for tge wrong reasons and with the wrong goal.

Repressive laws are part and parcel of authoritarianism. You support them.
Yes they are and Yes I do. Human beings have proven themselves unable and/or unwilling to do what they SHOULD rather than what they CAN or WANT to do. Therefore most choices need to be removed from their hands to ensure a proper Society.

There will always be bad people in every profession. It’s better to stay alive, and fight the issue out in court afterwards than have “He was Right” engraved on your tombstone.

I’m an Authoritarian. I’ve made no attempt to hide that. I’ve been brutally honest about it.
I'm sure you'd figure some way to excuse the cop that raped my wife (then age 12), too.

I agree that you are an authoritarian. You perhaps live in the wrong place at the wrong time. Germany in the 1930s up to the mid 1940s might be a better time frame.

The police tried to arrest Elijah McClain even though they had ZERO evidence he had broken any law.
(and then killed him)
The police broke into Breonna Taylors apartment even though they had ZERO evidence she had broke any law. (and then killed her)

The police tried to arrest Elijah McClain even though they had ZERO evidence he had broken any law.
(and then killed him)
The police broke into Breonna Taylors apartment even though they had ZERO evidence she had broke any law. (and then killed her)
Judge, jury and executioner.

Many here have argued many times that you should do whatever the police tell you even if it is a violation of your rights.

I say the police need better trained on our rights and then personally held responsible if they violate them.

The police in the US are awful. The police in the UK are far more what you'd expect the police to be. It seems that the police is a job for deadbeats in the US, in the UK you have to get into the police and it's got a national structure to it, these American local police can be the worst. They think they're dictator in chief sometimes.

The police in the US are awful. The police in the UK are far more what you'd expect the police to be. It seems that the police is a job for deadbeats in the US, in the UK you have to get into the police and it's got a national structure to it, these American local police can be the worst. They think they're dictator in chief sometimes.

You are an idiot…the left is going after the British police the same way they did here………they are calling them racists, the British cops are ignoring rape victims…..,you idiots construct this false image of everything in Europe being better than here in the U.S. despite every horrible thing the Europeans have done………you are the spoiled children of a great nation….

Keep creating your "Disney Europe," fantasy.....

1) the British left will demonize the police

2) the British left will begin releasing violent monsters over and over again.......

The tried and true left wing formula....

The idea that the issues BLM are protesting about are specific only to the US is farcical, as though race or policing are not global phenomena by their very nature; as though we don’t see similar dynamics in Brazil, or Australia, or even Britain.
---

In 2017, the Lammy Review showed that while black people comprise 3% of the overall population in England and Wales, they currently make up 12% of its prison population. The percentage of black people in England and Wales who are in prison is higher in relation to their share of the general population than the corresponding figure in the US. In this regard, we’re locking more of our black people away than the big, bad USA. The numbers only get worse when you consider younger inmates specifically: 48% of under-18s in custody are from black or other ethnic minority backgrounds.

LONDON — London police officers routinely made jokes about rape and exchanged racist messages, according to a report from England’s official police watchdog that detailed a pattern of misogyny and bullying in the force, the latest blow to an embattled service that has faced intense scrutiny in recent months.
The findings reflected a troubling culture within the London Metropolitan Police Service, according to the report released Tuesday by the Independent Office for Police Conduct, the police watchdog, which made more than a dozen recommendations to tackle the problem. It said the episodes it detailed were not isolated ones or the work of a few “bad apples.”
The report comes amid growing calls for increased scrutiny of the force after the kidnapping, rape and murder of Sarah Everard, a 33-year-old London woman, by a Metropolitan Police Service officer in March 2021 highlighted broader concerns about misogyny within policing, and violence against women and girls.
“The behavior we uncovered was disgraceful and fell well below the standards expected of the officers involved,” Sal Naseem, the police watchdog’s regional director, said in a statement, adding that the “issues are not isolated or historic.”

Mr. Naseem said that the watchdog welcomed current efforts to root out problematic behavior and attitudes from the police force, including a continuing formal independent review of the standards and culture within the service, but “more is required.”

Britain’s most senior police leaders are considering making a public admission that their forces are institutionally racist, the Guardian has learned.

High-level discussions began on Thursday and come as their special adviser on race says the declaration is needed if promises of radical reform are to be believed by black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities. More discussions will be held in January, and a decision from police chiefs is expected in February.

You really don't know what you are talking about...

A police watchdog investigation has been launched after a 27-year-old man died while being detained by officers.

Hertfordshire Police revealed it had referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) over the incident in Hemel Hempstead on Thursday.

The force said the suspect was ‘taken ill’ while being detained in the Cotterells, a residential area.

A total of 147 Metropolitan Police officers have been accused of domestic violence by a spouse or partner in the past two years, it has been revealed.

Data released under freedom of information laws shows the 129 male officers and 18 female officers faced allegations, although just a fraction ended up in court.

One of the female officers and 11 of the male officers were charged, a proportion of around 8%.

You are an idiot…the left is going after the British police the same way they did here………they are calling them racists, the British cops are ignoring rape victims…..,you idiots construct this false image of everything in Europe being better than here in the U.S. despite every horrible thing the Europeans have done………you are the spoiled children of a great nation….

I think you mean he's a spoiled child of a once-great nation.

You bring up one point that exemplifies everything the left is really working for in police reform: a national structure. This is all simply about creating a national police force similar to the KGB, the Stasi, or the Gestapo.

Although the left controls policing in most cities, they do not control it universally across the nation. The only way to get that control is to remove local control over the police and establish a single, federal, police power. Since the Constitution doesn't give them that power, they are using money and grants to require that local police follow Federal guidelines to get the money and the Supreme Court, with the help of leftist traitor Kavanaugh, just established that the Federal government has the power to order anything it wants if they simply give a dollar for the obedience.

You bring up one point that exemplifies everything the left is really working for in police reform: a national structure. This is all simply about creating a national police force similar to the KGB, the Stasi, or the Gestapo.

Although the left controls policing in most cities, they do not control it universally across the nation. The only way to get that control is to remove local control over the police and establish a single, federal, police power. Since the Constitution doesn't give them that power, they are using money and grants to require that local police follow Federal guidelines to get the money and the Supreme Court, with the help of leftist traitor Kavanaugh, just established that the Federal government has the power to order anything it wants if they simply give a dollar for the obedience.

Or the police could just stop violating people's rights.

Forum List

Back