Justify This Opulent Expense...... Leftist Hypocrites

Wrong.

There was considerable tax-payer expense up front to outfit his ranch for security. There are the salaries of security personel. There is the considerable cost of Airforce One. When you add in the increased number of vacation days taken by President Bush, you also increase the cost.

The secret service secures and keeps a contingent at the President's home permanently whether he is there or not. Meaning it doesn't matter how often Bush returned to his ranch, the secret service would have been there either way. the only additional force required is of course his immediate detail.

As far as AFOne goes, I can't imagine Bush flew near as many miles in two years as Obama does, and I know Michelle > Laura in miles flown on government aircraft outside of official business.

Can't you guys EVER just admit wrong doings by this guy and his entourage?

Nope. They know it's wrong, and they know it's disgusting, which is why they pretend it's "normal".

I'm convinced that Obama could sell Alaska to China and these fucking idots would be on here posting about how wonderful an idea it is and etc etc. I'm just sick of dishonesty. if something is wrong, it's wrong, no matter WHO did it.

Hey lefties, justify this you scumbags.

Obama has Pizza Chef Delivered 860 Miles While Public “Feasts” on Dominoes | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Oh PS - Yes when Bush flew to Kenne or his ranch there was expense for the flight and such, but those were sites that were already guarded by either secret service or marines and so there was no further expenditures for added security so that BOOSH could have a vacation.

Wrong.

There was considerable tax-payer expense up front to outfit his ranch for security. There are the salaries of security personel. There is the considerable cost of Airforce One. When you add in the increased number of vacation days taken by President Bush, you also increase the cost.

The secret service secures and keeps a contingent at the President's home permanently whether he is there or not. Meaning it doesn't matter how often Bush returned to his ranch, the secret service would have been there either way. the only additional force required is of course his immediate detail.

When he is actually in residence it is substantially increased.

As far as AFOne goes, I can't imagine Bush flew near as many miles in two years as Obama does, and I know Michelle > Laura in miles flown on government aircraft outside of official business.

On vacations? I doubt Obama has yet wracked up as many miles.

Laura Bush took both daughters on trips to Europe and Africa - a mix of business and vacation for her, pure vacation for the daughters. Where's the outrage?

Can't you guys EVER just admit that what he is doing is normal for presidents? Pick on something legitimate.

You might also consider that there is no salary for the position of First Lady, yet she is expected to serve as hostess for the White House, and fulfill much work associated with being a public figure representing the United States. Whether you agree or not with her views, she has given countless hours in initiatives to improve the lives of our country's children and mentor youth in DC and other areas...but god forbid she should go on a trip with her daughters. Anyone other presidential spouse can do it, in your view but she gets castigated. It's not her fault we require expensive security detail wherever she goes. Do you expect them to huddle in DC, shop at Good Will and eat Eat'nPark or something even though she can use her personal funds?

I happen to think both Laura and Michelle are very classy women and admirable women - I liked Laura far more than her husband. I am at a complete loss to understand the venom and hatred directed at Michelle for things that are substantively very little different than Laura Bush - right down to "retinue".

Give the lady a break and carp on the President's policies. This is faux.

Wrong.

When he is actually in residence it is substantially increased.

On vacations? I doubt Obama has yet wracked up as many miles.

Laura Bush took both daughters on trips to Europe and Africa - a mix of business and vacation for her, pure vacation for the daughters. Where's the outrage?

Can't you guys EVER just admit that what he is doing is normal for presidents? Pick on something legitimate.

You might also consider that there is no salary for the position of First Lady, yet she is expected to serve as hostess for the White House, and fulfill much work associated with being a public figure representing the United States. Whether you agree or not with her views, she has given countless hours in initiatives to improve the lives of our country's children and mentor youth in DC and other areas...but god forbid she should go on a trip with her daughters. Anyone other presidential spouse can do it, in your view but she gets castigated. It's not her fault we require expensive security detail wherever she goes. Do you expect them to huddle in DC, shop at Good Will and eat Eat'nPark or something even though she can use her personal funds?

I happen to think both Laura and Michelle are very classy women and admirable women - I liked Laura far more than her husband. I am at a complete loss to understand the venom and hatred directed at Michelle for things that are substantively very little different than Laura Bush - right down to "retinue".

Give the lady a break and carp on the President's policies. This is faux.

LOL @ no salary for the first lady. Maybe because she has no official job to do. Sure she volunters to do a lot as all first ladies do, but see volunteers are just that, volunteers, thus unpaid. Doing something just for the joy of doing it. Oh and by the way, Obama makes $400K a year, I'm pretty sure that is enough to cover Michelle's contributions as well.

Funny that when GM was in trouble Obama demanded that they sell their company jet and that the President reduce his own pay to a $1 a year, but when America is in trouble his wife jets off to Europe and he flies in a pizza chef from St Louis, and you're fine with it.

Fucking scumbag.

PS - Any woman who would make a statement about FINALLY having something to be proud of her country about, is not a classy woman. She's trash, just like Barrack.

Last edited:

Nope. They know it's wrong, and they know it's disgusting, which is why they pretend it's "normal".

I'm convinced that Obama could sell Alaska to China and these fucking idots would be on here posting about how wonderful an idea it is and etc etc. I'm just sick of dishonesty. if something is wrong, it's wrong, no matter WHO did it.

Hey lefties, justify this you scumbags.

Obama has Pizza Chef Delivered 860 Miles While Public “Feasts” on Dominoes | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Hey rightie scumbags - why don't you check the facts before posting douchebag rumors?

1. Chris Sommers flew commercial.
2. Not only that, he flew coach.
3. Not only that, he had already planned a business trip to DC, so the restaurant paid for his travel!

The cost is justified as a projection of American Power and superiority, just as EVERY OTHER superpower has done before...

But riddle me this, what is the daily operating cost of a Nimitz Class Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier... The Navy has 7. And the ENTIRE world has 7 nuclear powered aircraft carriers...

7 (world) - 7 (US) = 0 (everyone else)

justify that expense...
How much more would it cost to operate that on coal or oil? Plus the "environmental damage' in comparison. France has an aircraft carrier, so does england. Much smaller than ours and with less force projection capability. The fact that we have seven NUCLEAR aircraft carriers is a benefit for it can defend our nation.

I will further justify by asking how many tens of thousands of people did the manufacture and now operation of these massive machines employ and continue to employ? How many towns and state economies benefitted from them and how many nations benefit from them showing up in their ports?

The first lady taking a company of security and entourage to Spain for a month is a waste.

Last edited:
the left is funny.....

its ok if obama does it...well...because bush did it too

obama = bush :lol:

No. It's ok because it's a normal part of the job. You make it sounds as if it's somehow "excessive" when the Obama's do it - despite the fact they've spent far fewer vacation days in their first year than a number of preceeding administrations.

Excessive vacation at the tax payers expense isn't good, regardless of who it is. But a comparison of vacations (and regardless of where it is - costs are dependent not just on location but on how many days spent, security needs, use of airforce one etc) by past presidents and their families (not just Bush) show that this outrage is more than a little hypocritical and mean-spirited.

Er..vacation in spain is not a normal part of the president's wife's job.

Please provide a link for the rest of the lies you posted.

Wrong. She has the right to vacation where ever she wants and she is certainly not the only presidential spouse to vacation abroad. Yet another Allie Baba lie.

No. It's ok because it's a normal part of the job. You make it sounds as if it's somehow "excessive" when the Obama's do it - despite the fact they've spent far fewer vacation days in their first year than a number of preceeding administrations.

Excessive vacation at the tax payers expense isn't good, regardless of who it is. But a comparison of vacations (and regardless of where it is - costs are dependent not just on location but on how many days spent, security needs, use of airforce one etc) by past presidents and their families (not just Bush) show that this outrage is more than a little hypocritical and mean-spirited.

Er..vacation in spain is not a normal part of the president's wife's job.

Please provide a link for the rest of the lies you posted.

Wrong. She has the right to vacation where ever she wants and she is certainly not the only presidential spouse to vacation abroad. Yet another Allie Baba lie.

This is the elitist pig's second Eurpean vacation in a year. This at a time when her husband is telling Americans that eveyrone needs to tighten their belt. This at a time when the real unemployment rate in this country is around 17%. How can you defend this? How man? For the love of God, just do the right fucking thing here and admit that this isn't right.

Seriously, I'm at whit's end. I am no longer going to debate or converse with people who just want to act like anything Obama or his administration does is great. I implore everyone else to join me in this. I know it will be painful to watch them write their stupid drivel and watch them pat themselves on the back for "winning" but honestly their dishonesty is no longer worthy of my time, and maybe just MAYBE if enough honest people simply iignroe the dishonest hacks they will get the message and stop being dishonest partisan hacks. I know it's a long shot, but it's better than arguing with dolts who refuse to admit the simplest things.

I don't have a problem with the first family taking a vacation but one would think with the state of the economy that they could have chosen a less expensive trip.

I say let them keep flaunting their EXTRAVEGANCE in the face of the American people at a time when a lot of us are struggling just to hold onto our jobs, or find a job.

Then maybe we can say GOODBYE to the Democrats-Progressive that are now raping us and our country.

Remember to VOTE people.

Last edited:
Seriously, I'm at whit's end. I am no longer going to debate or converse with people who just want to act like anything Obama or his administration does is great. I implore everyone else to join me in this. I know it will be painful to watch them write their stupid drivel and watch them pat themselves on the back for "winning" but honestly their dishonesty is no longer worthy of my time, and maybe just MAYBE if enough honest people simply iignroe the dishonest hacks they will get the message and stop being dishonest partisan hacks. I know it's a long shot, but it's better than arguing with dolts who refuse to admit the simplest things.

I implore you to actually sit back and take a look at what people are saying.

Simply because people don't agree with your premise doesn't mean they "want to act like anything Obama or his administration does is great.".

In fact, it's beginning to seem like you might be one of those people who acts like anything Obama or his administration or his family does is evil - even down to a ready unquestioning acceptance of the most trivial lie (you know, like the pizza myth).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YRWhg4YaA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Hitler Sings The Jeffersons Theme‬‎[/ame]

Simply because people don't agree with your premise doesn't mean they "want to act like anything Obama or his administration does is great.".

In fact, it's beginning to seem like you might be one of those people who acts like anything Obama or his administration or his family does is evil - even down to a ready unquestioning acceptance of the most trivial lie (you know, like the pizza myth).

Actually t here are three threads right ow where I am telling people they are stupid for blaming obama
and the pizza deal was real, not a myth, that stupid asshole spent $15K to have a guy come bake pizza for his family.

And with that I'm done with you and your dishonestly.

Christ Almighty people...

This isn't about the First Lady going to Spain with her friends. It's about setting the example. It's about practicing what you preach. It's about leadership. It doesn't fucking matter what Bush did or didn't do, times have changed. Regardless of whose fault it is, things are fucked in this country. Obama is the President, it is his job to lead. He talks about people needing to spend less, he says that if you do spend, do it at home, visit the Gulf. He talks of the sacrifices we all must make it these times of hardship... Then he and his family turn around and send out for pizza from halfway across the country? Flies over seas for a day in hopes of getting the Olympics in Chicago? Takes a helicopter six miles to give a speech? Sends the Mrs off to Spain with forty of her closest friends and a platoon of Secret Service agents for a quickie vacation?

It's about appearances, people. And by all appearances, the Obama's haven't a clue as to what the average American is going through...

Actually t here are three threads right ow where I am telling people they are stupid for blaming obama
and the pizza deal was real, not a myth, that stupid asshole spent $15K to have a guy come bake pizza for his family.

Support it with facts then. I linked to something that refuted it.

The general consensus in España is that the visit is good for the economy

Here's a newspaper article with quotes from the pizza baker

The Obamas Order Out for Pizza – from St. Louis - Barack Obama : People.com

Here is the Huffington Post talking about it happening.

Obama Bringing St. Louis - Not Chicago - Pizza Chef To White House

Stop being an asshole, this happened.

This isn't about the First Lady going to Spain with her friends. It's about setting the example. It's about practicing what you preach. It's about leadership. It doesn't fucking matter what Bush did or didn't do, times have changed. Regardless of whose fault it is, things are fucked in this country. Obama is the President, it is his job to lead. He talks about people needing to spend less, he says that if you do spend, do it at home, visit the Gulf. He talks of the sacrifices we all must make it these times of hardship... Then he and his family turn around and send out for pizza from halfway across the country? Flies over seas for a day in hopes of getting the Olympics in Chicago? Takes a helicopter six miles to give a speech? Sends the Mrs off to Spain with forty of her closest friends and a platoon of Secret Service agents for a quickie vacation?

It's about appearances, people. And by all appearances, the Obama's haven't a clue as to what the average American is going through...

No. It's not about appearances. It's about the distortion of appearances. Like the pizza thing. Like the fact that other presidents, in economic hard times didn't stint on vacations, stint on helicopters etc. It's about the fact that there is a double standard when it comes to Obama. The economy tanked in 2008, there was no - zip - discussion of "appearances" that year. Laura Bush can take in Paris in the springtime on a solo trip with her daughters without a peep despite a shakey economy and rising unemployment 2001-2002. When you add up all the vacation days involved in the first year and their associated costs - I suspect that Obama's come out less than a number of their predecessors.

Obama takes a helicopter six miles to give a speech (was that in DC? Do you know what traffic is like in that city?) - I suspect that any president's schedule is excrutiatingly tight and this is not unusual. Is it any different then Bush taking Airforce one to leave his vacation and return to DC just to sign a bill on Schiavo and then back to Crawford? No complaints about that.

No. It's not about appearances. It's about the distortion of appearances. Like the pizza thing. Like the fact that other presidents, in economic hard times didn't stint on vacations, stint on helicopters etc. It's about the fact that there is a double standard when it comes to Obama. The economy tanked in 2008, there was no - zip - discussion of "appearances" that year. Laura Bush can take in Paris in the springtime on a solo trip with her daughters without a peep despite a shakey economy and rising unemployment 2001-2002. When you add up all the vacation days involved in the first year and their associated costs - I suspect that Obama's come out less than a number of their predecessors.

Obama takes a helicopter six miles to give a speech (was that in DC? Do you know what traffic is like in that city?) - I suspect that any president's schedule is excrutiatingly tight and this is not unusual. Is it any different then Bush taking Airforce one to leave his vacation and return to DC just to sign a bill on Schiavo and then back to Crawford? No complaints about that.

Nope, no complaints about offical business. We are talking about non official garbage, and you keep saying no one complained when BUsh did it, but you have zero evidence of that, you just want to believe t hat people were okay with Bush wasting money. Becuase you truly want to believe that no one could dislike Obama for any reason other than race. I don't care if he's purple, white, black, brown, or rainbow colored. The man is an arrogant , deceitful, elitist prick, and his wife is worse.

PS I never seen GW or Laura get on television and preach to the rest of us that we needed to buckle down and then climb aboard a private 747 and jet off to a private resort.

Here's a newspaper article with quotes from the pizza baker

The Obamas Order Out for Pizza – from St. Louis - Barack Obama : People.com

Here is the Huffington Post talking about it happening.

Obama Bringing St. Louis - Not Chicago - Pizza Chef To White House

Stop being an asshole, this happened.

No. YOU stop being an asshole.

Right Wing Slams Barack Obama For Ordering Pizza. Really.

...He goes on to suggest that Obama is flouting the recession with this extravagance, and suggests a local pizzeria for the President to use.

This is stupid on its face, but when I actually called Chris Sommers' restaurant, Pi, it got so much worse for Ace's scandal.

I spoke with the restaurant's manager, John Fitzgerald, and he gave me some things that we call "facts," ones that cast Sommers' trip in an entirely different light.

The best one is the first: Ace of Spades slammed Obama's environmental cred for "jetting in" Pi's chef, making it seem as though the guy was hopping a private gulfstream, or worse, partying down on Air Force One .

* In fact, Chris Sommers flew commercial.
* Not only that, he flew coach.
* Not only that, he had already planned a business trip to DC, so the restaurant paid for his travel!

I mean don't let facts get in the way of the smears right?

Forum List

Back