Kaepernick donates to organization that sends DREAMers to protest Trump, gives NOTHING to Houston

No it's not, you have eight other players that do not stand for the anthem, all play in the NFL. That alone is proof that the NFL owners don't care about the issue. If you are good enough to play and win games, you will play.

This whole thing started last year and Kaepernick played on a very bad team, he then exercised his free agent option. His choice to leave the team he had a job with. He went to look for greener pastures, it didn't work. It happens every year in the NFL, whether you sit or stand.

No scandal, no nothing, if you play well, you will play in the NFL, it has been proven over and over and over again. Tebow was a patriotic player and he couldn't make a team. Many claimed that because he was an outspoken Christian, teams didn't want him. It was because he was a bad QB. It happens every year, the owners want to win, if you can play, you will have a job. Kaepernick doesn't have a team because his style limits his opportunities, just life. I bet he could go to Canada and get a job on a team because the talent level in the CFL is not as good.

That might be true if other players received the levels of anger that Kaepernick does, but they don't. Some of that is because Kaepernick got so much attention, but I've read quite a few people talk about not watching the NFL because of Kaepernick, or that they would stop watching the NFL if Kaepernick gets another job, or they wouldn't watch games that Kaepernick played in......but those same people are mostly silent when it comes to other players protesting in the same way.

Kaepernick doesn't have the skills to overcome the negative response to his protest, it's true. If he played like the next Brady, he'd have a job. However, I think that he has more to overcome than other players.

Good points, however to me he is another Tebow, who was polarizing to fans, not the owners or coach, but the fans. Just my two cents.

There's some similarity, but Kaepernick isn't Tebow-level bad. I also don't think Tebow got nearly the negative attention from fans. There were probably more non-fans who complained about Tebow.

I don't know if Kaepernick is polarizing to owners or coaches on a personal level. I think that the owners, in particular, probably see him as a potential financial detriment; fewer people might go to games or buy merchandise of a team that signs him. Coaches might worry about locker room chemistry, but that's just supposition. I don't know that I've seen a report from any players that Kaepernick would be any sort of locker room problem because of his protest.

I look at some of the guys starting right now: Matt Moore, Josh McCown, whoever the hell the Texans put in at QB, and I think that a guy who's been to a couple of NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl would probably at least get a look. Joe Flacco had one of the biggest QB contracts ever when he last signed, and he's nothing more than a middling NFL QB. Jay Cutler kept getting jobs, retired, and then got yet another job, and he's a walking stereotype for a QB with a good arm, but not the right personality or football IQ to lead a team through the playoffs. Mike Glennon got a big contract in Chicago after having done little to prove himself in Tampa. Brock Oswiler got his $70 million contract for a few games of decent play in Denver. Scott Tolzien had started 3 games in 6 years before Sunday. There are a lot of mediocre QBs with starting jobs at the moment.

I'm not saying Kaepernick would be the right fit for any of those teams, or that he wouldn't ask for too much money, or be too insistent on being the starter.....but the reports I have read indicate that Kaepernick never actually made any money demands to any teams this offseason. The reports I read (and there seemed to be a new one every day) indicated that Kaepernick was pretty much ignored; other than a short trip to Seattle, none of the teams even looked into him as a possibility for starter or backup. In a league so in love with quarterbacks, that makes me think there is more than just talent at play in the decisions.

With Tebow, I don't think owners would have been worried about loss of revenue, and everything I read about him said he was a good, well liked teammate, so that doesn't seem like something coaches would have worried about.

He had serious tryout with Seattle, Baltimore and Jacksonville. I think a big issue is Kap's style of play. Teams that add him would need to adjust to his style and I don't think he is as good as Vick when Philly finally signed him and changed their offense to suit Vick. As far as the locker room, I think Kap got along with other players. After his first three seasons or so, Kap fell off in his level of play.

I know some owners like Jerry Jones wouldn't pass on Kap, even though he jumped on Hardy and was wanting Manziel. For the most part wins put fans in seats, and that's what owners want, that's what fans want.

Kap was replaced as a starter by Gabbert. To me Gabbert is a bad QB and Kap was below him on the depth chart. Kap like Osweiler got one big contract and is out of the league. Moore and McCown are conventional drop back QBs which makes them an easy systems QB. Run QBs like Russell Wilson and Kap need a team built around their style. I love Wilson but put him on another team and I think he struggles.

However, you could be right about owners and all, I just think wins and fans in seats go together and a winning QB will play no matter his politics.

How did I forget Baltimore? I thought he had a shot getting a job there, at least during preseason, since it's another Harbaugh. :p

That was my thought, his brother knew how to use Kap. A few years ago a running QB was all the rage, Wilson, Kap, RGIII, but the only one that has done well has been Wilson and he isn't running as much as he used to.

Your link is a liar anyway. And I quote:

>> Colin Kaepernick, the controversial quarterback who tossed the NFL into a national furor when he protested the national anthem.... <<​

Wrong. Kaepernick tossed nothing but footballs. All he did was decline to participate in a jingoism ritual that itself is only eight years old anyway. He made no noises about it -- it was the media who tossed the furor. Matter of fact it was at least the third time he did so before anybody in the media chose to "notice" because it was a slow news day. Kaepernick himself took no action. He merely continued ignoring the fake ritual he had already been ignoring.

Dumb shit.

He has plenty of time. Why doesn't he go to Houston and actually do something for a change rather than running his dick sucker.

Your link is a liar anyway. And I quote:

>> Colin Kaepernick, the controversial quarterback who tossed the NFL into a national furor when he protested the national anthem.... <<​

Wrong. Kaepernick tossed nothing but footballs. All he did was decline to participate in a jingoism ritual that itself is only eight years old anyway. He made no noises about it -- it was the media who tossed the furor. Matter of fact it was at least the third time he did so before anybody in the media chose to "notice" because it was a slow news day. Kaepernick himself took no action. He merely continued ignoring the fake ritual he had already been ignoring.

Dumb shit.

He has plenty of time. Why doesn't he go to Houston and actually do something for a change rather than running his dick sucker.

I wouldn't know anything about "his dick sucker" and I hope that line of inquiry is rewarding for you. Hell I'm still waiting to find out what an "NL" is. However I do know who initiated what, and I do recognize obsequious lockstep propaganda manipulation when I see it. And that's far more useful.

And just to return to where I started here and made the OP run away --- NONE of us know what Colin Kaepernick has or has not done in relation to Houston.

There have always been people who hate our country, our flag, our Constitution, our history, our traditions.

They're just louder and more emboldened now.

That's their call. I'll defend their freedom of expression, even if they won't defend mine.

I won't stoop to that level, ever.
Always the victim Mac.
We're all victims of the collective stupidity people like you put on full display every time you open your self centered mouths.

Forum List

Back