Kansas schools to close early due to no funding....

How much was spent for tests in the state of Kansas?

How much does the Superintendent make?
Let's see some of the salaries and benefits packages. Let me see where the money is going. A school district loses $190,000 in funding and they will cut days from the calender instead of fat from the budget? I bet the "study" to make the decision to close early cost $150,000.

Let's see some of the salaries and benefits packages. Let me see where the money is going. A school district loses $190,000 in funding and they will cut days from the calender instead of fat from the budget? I bet the "study" to make the decision to close early cost $150,000.

We had a school referendum up at a local high school...they said if it didn't pass they would have to cut programs, and teachers....blah blah blah.....and the good citizens lined up and voted yes for the referendum...it passed......and the next week the High School rehabed the bleachers with brand new seats and everything and built an outdoor field house for the football team.............they somehow forgot to mention to the public they had the funds for those items.........

So yeah....not trusting this story as far as I can throw it......what about all the other school districts.....what is it with these four.......let's see that story......

• Banned
More Kansas Schools To Close Early For Lack Of Funds

More of them brilliant republican policies! Help the rich to hell with the poor

and if this was the only aspect of the story.....I am sure if we dig enough we will see how these districts got into the financial mess they are in........but telling the truth isn't what that story is about......
Pretty simple actually

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/u...newest-target-of-kansas-budget-cuts.html?_r=0

Republicans hate education

and if this was the only aspect of the story.....I am sure if we dig enough we will see how these districts got into the financial mess they are in........but telling the truth isn't what that story is about......
Pretty simple actually

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/u...newest-target-of-kansas-budget-cuts.html?_r=0

Here's a link to the basic budget structure of the district that is cutting days. You can't tell me they can't find $190,000.

I think this is ok, our kids need to learn with less so that we can give tax cuts to the rich and other more important things than education and kids

Pretty simple actually

We don't hate education at all. What we hate is that the current system is bloated and broken.
We turn out kids that can relate MLK's life story, but can't add a column of numbers or read a newspaper.

well there's a whole bunch of unjustified bullshit.

Pretty simple actually

Here's a link to the basic budget structure of the district that is cutting days. You can't tell me they can't find $190,000.

They have contractual obligations to uphold.

But leave it to Republicans to support the "Race to the Bottom" mentality.

Oh...that's right...you guys support the education system that simply provides jobs for union teachers and adminstrators....actually teaching kids....and spending the money to achieve that....not so much....considering the education wing of the democrat party here in Illionis, in Chicago has a graduation rate of about 50% from high school, and those who do graduate can barely read or do math.....but you keep sending your money to the democrats in those schools....who will funnel it to the democrats in political office...who will then grant the benefits for the democrats in the schools.....and around and around it goes and where it stops.......children with no futures.....

Again....find out the real story about why these schools are failing.....no more lefty lies please.....

Do you not see, they are playing you like a fiddle. Let's claim poverty, even though noone has suffered, so they will give us what we want.

You watch enough public budget hearings, they sound like cry babies.
Let's see, this I could find it's from 2013
Kansas opts to create its own Common Core tests CJOnline.com

Ah, but they want to drop the license:
Kan. schools Real problems need real solutions Hays Post

And there is more to the finances:
Senate panel checks pulse on new school finance plan CJOnline.com

I also noticed that they spent a million on drug testing for welfare recipients.

I think this is ok, our kids need to learn with less so that we can give tax cuts to the rich and other more important things than education and kids
I think kids and school boards need to learn how to live within their means.

I am sure they have more than enough money right now.....they just spend it all on waste, abuse and corruption.......and then when they come up short for what they are actually supposed to be doing...teaching kids....then they cry poor........

well there's a whole bunch of unjustified bullshit.
Except for the "study" quip, what's unjustified?
Scan over the budget synopsis I linked. Don't you think they could find $190K if that was the goal instead of trying to make the Governor look like an evil ogre?

I know the game .....say they don't have enough money and if you don't give them more...the kids get it......just like in those 1940s jimmy cagney mobster movies.........

They need to send in a forensic accouting team and find out what these idiot educators are doing with their money......

Forum List

Back