Kansas sets trans athlete rule; gender-affirming care saved

Who has control over child care? The parents, or the state? How is medical consent determined? Will these children be able to sue and win lawsuits based on not giving "informed" consent?
Why do you not support the science coming out of countries in Europe acknowledging trans affirmative care for minors involving blockers and surgeries are damaging to the health of the child?
Sounds like a great topic to be discussed in a new thread. If you start one? I will look for it.

There are any number of dangers implicit in these treatments that are not well understood in the long term.

Are teenagers and younger TRULY able to comprehend what it means to be infertile or to not be able to enjoy normal sexual climax? Many who transition live with these realities.
Thats why they have a 50% suicide rate AFTER transition.
These people need mental help, not physical help. Especially children!

Oh, I get it.. you are a Mental Health Professional?

Gender Dysphoria is a mental condition, it is not an illness

“Gender non-conformity is not in itself a mental disorder”. So (finally) confirms the latest edition of America’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the DSM-5.

This article should enlighten all Kansas children and show them Conservatives do not care about their health.

This a perfect example of junk science. The guidelines used to define and treat gender dysphoria as a mental condition are not in line with how other comparable conditions are defined and treated.

Credible studies have been done showing high % of mental illness/conditions in individuals who identify as trans. The majority of trans individuals who come back to reality express medical professionals not treating mental disorders/conditions such as depression, anxiety, body dysphoria, and ADHD but instead lead the individuals to believe the issues they are experiencing will be helped by transition.

They are led to believe transition surgery will solve all of their problems. It doesn’t,it just creates more ( and bigger)problems.

They need love and acceptance, yes, and help to appreciate who they actually are, but so many realize that they don't feel better after transitioning and now they're infertile and can't really enjoy sexual relations that I don't think we're really helping most of them.

They are led to believe transition surgery will solve all of their problems. It doesn’t,it just creates more ( and bigger)problems.
I think we all agree that young children who feel uncomfortable in their own bodies need help of some sort. We do NOT all agree that surgery and hormones are the best answer.

I think we all agree that young children who feel uncomfortable in their own bodies need help of some sort. We do NOT all agree that surgery and hormones are the best answer.
I used to tell my grandpa I wished I was a boy when I was 5 ,because the boys got to do fun things. Not because I was gender confused. Kids say a lot of things they don’t really mean.

Kansas board decided Wednesday that high schools and middle schools must see transgender athletes' first birth certificates to decide what teams they can join, while an effort in the Legislature to end gender-affirming care for transgender minors failed.

The Kansas State High School Activities Association's executive board took a key step in helping the state enforce a ban on female transgender athletes in girls' and women's sports. It replaced a policy that allowed decisions to be made athlete by athlete with one that says transgender girls will not be allowed to compete on girl's teams, starting July 1.

But GOP conservatives didn't have the two-thirds majorities needed to override Kelly's veto of a bill that would require the state medical board to revoke the licenses of doctors who provide puberty blocking medications, hormone treatments and surgery for transgender minors. The Senate's vote on an override Wednesday was 26-14, leaving supporters one vote shy.
“We have this freedom now to really be who we are and express who we are, and for folks, for any number of reasons, that’s very uncomfortable for them,” said Derrick Jones, director of the Ackerman Institute for the Family’s Gender and Family Project. The New York-based institute trains family therapists.

“Gender affirming” in liberish means sex mutilation

I used to tell my grandpa I wished I was a boy when I was 5 ,because the boys got to do fun things. Not because I was gender confused. Kids say a lot of things they don’t really mean.
I agree, and the "tomboys" of yesterday are sometimes pressured to actually become boys today. And absolutely I agree that kids are notorious for changing their minds. One day they want to be a doctor, the next day a dinosaur. Even teenagers no longer trying to be a dinosaur will one week try to be just like Taylor Swift, the next some other pop star, all to fit in and attract attention.

When you have, for example, a young autistic girl or boy already uncomfortable in their own body feel it changing as puberty sets in and becomes even more uncomfortable around their peers as they obsess over the changes they're experiencing and being attracted to potential sexual partners, it's no wonder many start to think that maybe they are in the wrong bodies. I think we would be surprised how many young people don't like puberty when it first hits and wish they could stay like they were. They are then prime targets for those out to make big bucks off the transition train. And yes, there is a LOT of money to be made. Surgeries and life-long hormonal treatments are expensive.

Almost always, tomboys turn into girls by the 7th grade.
And, quite frankly, a lot of boys appreciate a girl who was not afraid to get her hands dirty and play hard as a kid. It's the princesses they don't understand.

The first genetics risk we pointed out is for cancer. If the surgeon leaves any original tissue, there is a risk, which is the tip of the genetics iceberg.

Forum List

Back