Karl Rove op-ed addresses Jan 6

Well, since no one has proposed that, not seeing a problem.

Of course, we are talking about "welfare" and not "entitlements", right? Because we spend a lot more keeping white people from becoming poor than we do elevating people of color.
People who truly have physical and/or emotional or mental issues should receive social benefits.
I live in NY so I don't meet many Red Necks, but the ones I know or meet have careers, whether White or Blue Collar.

People who truly have physical and/or emotional or mental issues should receive social benefits.
I live in NY so I don't meet many Red Necks, but the ones I know or meet have careers, whether White or Blue Collar.

Most people of color I meet have careers, too. Despite the system being rigged against them.

But I was specifically talking about what we spend in "entitlements" that benefit mostly middle class white people= Social Security, Medicare, Veteran's benefits, unemployment insurance, Without these, people would be wiped out frequently, and we'd have a much higher poverty rate. While you occasionally get a Paul Ryan giving up the game and trying to cut these before being slapped down, Republicans know that this kind of "welfare" is fine with most people.

The majority of people on what you'd call "welfare" are actually white as well. - Food Stamps, Section 8, TANF. We spend relatively little on this. The only "big" poverty relief program is Medicaid, and a lot of that goes to paying for nursing homes for formerly middle class white people who would otherwise be cleaned out by assisted living.

Americans want "welfare", they just don't want to pay for it and don't want the other guy to get it.

Forum List

Back