Kash Patel Given Immunity

No one claimed they did, once out of office. Another FAIL for you.

Another? Where was the first, schmidlap? If you want to discuss failure, then just wait until after the hammering you get next Tuesday. Damn, there I go using words again that makes all you lefties piss yourselves crying. Mommy won't be there this time, Ace.

Experts agreed that the president, as commander in chief, is ultimately responsible for classification and declassification. When people lower in the chain of command handle classification and declassification duties — which is usually how it’s done — it’s because they have been delegated to do so by the president directly, or by an appointee chosen by the president.

The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy vs. Egan — which addressed the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance — addresses this line of authority.

President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."
See: PolitiFact - Does the president have 'the ability to declassify anything at any time'?
(not usually a source I give much credence).

It continued:

In fact, Robert F. Turner, associate director of the University of Virginia's Center for National Security Law, said that "if Congress were to enact a statute seeking to limit the president’s authority to classify or declassify national security information, or to prohibit him from sharing certain kinds of information with Russia, it would raise serious separation of powers constitutional issues."
Id.

Additionally,

The official documents governing classification and declassification stem from executive orders. But even these executive orders aren’t necessarily binding on the president. The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."

Id.

Synthaholic

There is more to the discussion, of course. On both sides. Nonetheless, the basic law says what it says. You don’t get to overrule the SCOTUS, Syndi. 😎

I know of a traitor that was shot and killed on J6.
Traitors........ receive the Death Sentence.
Do ya now? That's nice, Honey.
Obviously you don't know too much about US law because Congress determines what happens to traitors.

you really don't see your hypocrisy do ya.

We see the hypocrisy of the Republican Party very clearly. When the nation's economy was in freefall, on the day that Obama was inaugurated, Mitch McConnell instructed his Party not to vote for ANYTHING Obama proposed, so that he would have nothing to run on in his second term.

10% of American workers were unemployed, and the economy was shedding 500,000 jobs per month, and instead of working with the new President to help save the economy, McConnell was telling Republicans to do NOTHING to help the American people.

THAT's today's Republican Party.

Traitors........ receive the Death Sentence.

Tide and time then.

FBIgdfkd.jpg
Fd8Ira4UAAAUSkm.jpg
Legion of Doom.jpg

That was actually Samsung's spellchecker. I didn't catch it.

Waiting for your link, which you won't supply because you're talking out your ass again.
Don’t blame spellcheck for your own ignorance.

And I’ve already provided my sources. But you haven’t. You tool.

We see the hypocrisy of the Republican Party very clearly. When the nation's economy was in freefall, on the day that Obama was inaugurated, Mitch McConnell instructed his Party not to vote for ANYTHING Obama proposed, so that he would have nothing to run on in his second term.

10% of American workers were unemployed, and the economy was shedding 500,000 jobs per month, and instead of working with the new President to help save the economy, McConnell was telling Republicans to do NOTHING to help the American people.

THAT's today's Republican Party.
I don't remember that and knowing the left, i'm going to have to take anything you say with a grain of salt, however if any of it has any jot of truth to it.....Where do you think the repunks learned that? FROM the Democrats. The democrats have undermined even when they had to make up lies about R presidents and congressmen. Lies, deceit, anti american, anti God, anti human life is the Democrat platform.

None of the alleged “possible” charges can be made out by any of the other evidence.

Have that ^ attempted sentence taken out and shot. There are no other “criminal things.”

Or? And follow along here, the DOJ could decline to engage in this hackery in the first place. It is NEVER incumbent on anyone to help the DOJ avoid wasting time and resources when the DOJ is busy going after them.

Or, maybe he’s absolutely right in not cooperating with the persecutors engaged in a Mary partisan political witch-hunt. I’ve not donated to him yet. But, since the prosecutorial efforts are actually partisan political manipulations, fighting it becomes a proper political expense.

Either way, it’s not for you to decide. Stop trying to impose any obligations on a guy who has no burden and who is supposed to be presumed innocent.

Or he can call out the DOJ for being corrupted.

Or, he can expose the division caused by the Dems as part of the corruption of the BRANDON Administration’s misuse of the DOJ.

I am fine with his willingness to fight this partisan political bullshit.

“big lie”. 🙄 Another resort to liberal propaganda.

No such thing exists here. At least not by the Trump side of the divide.

Or so that you can deny the true bad guys an undeserved “win.”

You are myopic though. Very myopic. So, how you see things is not a big concern.
It certainly can be made out, without being classified....

National defense documents and information, have their own laws, governing them... With or without classification.

-------------------------
Or? And follow along here, the DOJ could decline to engage in this hackery in the first place. It is NEVER incumbent on anyone to help the DOJ avoid wasting time and resources when the DOJ is busy going after them

The DOJ could NOT decline the National Archive Request, after over 100 security marked classified documents were in the 15 cases of documents returned by Trump to the archives in February 2022, a year after the archives begging for their documents from Trump, and woefully short of all the govt documents that he took.

The law dictates that NARA put in a referral to DOJ when classified documents are found outside of their secure place. The Law dictates that DOJ investigate and retrieve all classified documents.

NARA/DOJ did not rely on the classified document jackets, they checked every classified document creator agency, to see if the documents were declassified....and they were not. There was no order from Trump to declassify each document....

As I said, the Doj had no choice....it's the law/protocol.

Trump caused all of this by illegally taking the presidential records when the law directly states they are the governments documents, owned by you and me, and all presidential records go to the National Archives before the president leaves. Trump was aware if this, and defied the LAW.

Either way, it’s not for you to decide. Stop trying to impose any obligations on a guy who has no burden and who is supposed to be presumed innocent.
The LAW imposes the obligation, silly one!

What makes Trump ABOVE THE LAW?

Or he can call out the DOJ for being corrupted.
They weren't being corrupt or corrupted, duh...they were following the law.

Again, why do you think former president Trump is ABOVE THE LAW?

Why oh why oh why???

Forum List

Back