Kathy Hochul Fails to Reassure NY Businesses Trump Penalty ‘Nothing to Worry About’

The governor didn't "target" anyone. The AG of NY Leticia James did the prosecuting. The judge apparently agreed with her...to the tune of about 455 million. Apparently, fraud doesn't go unpunished in the state of NY. :)
1. There was no fraud, no one lost money. Bernie Madoff was a fraud, FTX and Sam Bankman Fried was a fraud, Trump was not.
2. What happened to Trump is called "Lawfare"
3. Businessmen will punish NY "bigly".

Except no other business seems to be under scrutiny and no other executives seem to be in court for fraud at the moment.

Just Trump. What does that tell you? :)
What about Sam Bankman-Fried? You know, that yuge Democrat donor?

That's actually fraud there, though; NOT legit real estate transactions from 30 years ago that have benefitted New York greatly.

As for Fried? Not sure if he really did do all that, or maybe people around him took the money and set him up to take a fall. He doesn't strike me as a greedster.

Last edited:
If I was in commercial real estate in NY I might give pause. Surely they have other businesses? A popular Deli owner probably got his/her loans on the up and up. Maybe not. "I'll put up my 30,000 sq ft home as collateral."

If I was in commercial real estate in NY I might give pause. Surely they have other businesses? A popular Deli owner probably got his/her loans on the up and up. Maybe not. "I'll put up my 30,000 sq ft home as collateral."
And then the bank would conduct its own appraisal to determine how much they should lend. That the bank in question didn’t do that tells us that they knew Trump was worth billions and were eager to lend him the money. In doing so, they collected $100M in interest.

No harm, no foul.

And then the bank would conduct its own appraisal to determine how much they should lend. That the bank in question didn’t do that tells us that they knew Trump was worth billions and were eager to lend him the money. In doing so, they collected $100M in interest.

No harm, no foul.
Actually, there's a small harm due to Justice Arthur F. Engoron's recent decision. There's your foul.

Except no other business seems to be under scrutiny and no other executives seem to be in court for fraud at the moment.

Just Trump. What does that tell you? :)
With this ruling every podunk municipality in the borders of New York State will be looking for ways to squeeze money out of past real estate transactions. I'm not saying that the practice is correct but I'm saying is that the core system is up against a giant they cannot defeat.

Actually, there's a small harm due to Justice Arthur F. Engoron's recent decision. There's your foul.
So a biased, anti-Trump judge who announced his hostility for him before the trial started said there was “harm”? Meaningless. It will be overturned, and Trump could countersue.

But by then, he’ll be too busy being president.

Sorry bout that,

1. NYC is a sinking ship, and everyone will see the rats abandoning it!!!
2. Only people stupid enough to stay there are the illegals, they get everything free, just turn it over to them.
3. Killing NYC is easy, I just showed the world what is about to take place.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So a biased, anti-Trump judge who announced his hostility for him before the trial started said there was “harm”? Meaningless. It will be overturned, and Trump could countersue.

But by then, he’ll be too busy being president.
We shall wait and see, I suppose.

Sorry bout that,

2. Only people stupid enough to stay there are the illegals, they get everything free, just turn it over to them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Have you ever been to NYC James?

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
They just interviewed a mother-daughter pair (maybe 40s and 20s) and asked them about their living conditions in NY. They said that not only had they been living rent-free in the hotel for 7 months, but they were getting all their meals AND daily maid service. They even said how their linens were frequently changed.

In the meantime, our vets are on the streets, and the working class is struggling to buy groceries.

With this ruling every podunk municipality in the borders of New York State will be looking for ways to squeeze money out of past real estate transactions. I'm not saying that the practice is correct but I'm saying is that the core system is up against a giant they cannot defeat.
Now if that happened, then NY WOULD be a hostile place to do business. Except there is no evidence to back this claim up. This about one man's fraud and corruption. He is the only one I see with a civil judgement against him. I don't see other businesses or their executives in court facing the same types of claims. Which makes NY....a good place to do business. Might be more expensive. But that depends on what kind of sweetheart tax breaks you could get out of the municipality where you want to locate. And those types of breaks are exactly what these other states are offering...but they won't last.

Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, I have a cousin there.
2. Jack, lives just down the street from Central Park.
3. Why he lives there is a weird story.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
That's not the question you were asked.

Have YOU ever been to NYC?
Which side of Central Park does your relative live on? South of Columbus Circle? South of the north end of Central Park? On the East or West side of the park? :)

Forum List

Back