Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before hearing

MSNBC: Grassley just granted Dr. Ford another extention.

The Republicans are accommodating a difficult witness. They should be rewarded with greater control of Congress in November.

Accommodating? That sadly funny - especially considering no investigation or witnesses allowed. Republicans just want to keep it a "she said, he said".

"They're not investigating. They're just going right to . . . the appropriate investigative body asking questions and trying to find out the truth! How DARE they!"

What witnesses do you want allowed, given that there AREN'T any? Republicans would love to hear from witnesses, if she could name any who don't promptly say, "What the hell is that chick babbling about?"

There is no one the Committee could call and talk to who wouldn't HURT her story, so you and I both know you're actually glad they won't be heard from, and this is all just empty bluster.

Feinstein did not commit the act. This should be investigated. Maybe you need to experience being sexually assaulted to understand why women don't want to say anything about it. I don't need that to happen to ne in order to understand why Feinstein complied the wishes of the individual as long as she could.
:bsflag:

If this was a democratic nominee you'd be demanding investigations, so the only BS s coming from those like you.
When has it ever happened to a Democrat nominee? It doesn't because Republicans aren't shameless scumbags like Democrats are.

You might want to repost this. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
No, I really don't.
And you ask why rape survivors hesitate to come forward?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
At this point the deal should be closed. We gave you yesterday until 10:00pm, and extended it to today at 2:00pm and you're still jacking us around. Deal off. There will be no testimony.
Do you know this for a fact?

The truth is, that, despite their bluster, GOP leadership is $hitting their pants over this, and dare not pull the plug, now.

The truth is that you're once again counting on public support you don't have.

The GOP has no reason to fear this, or you, and is 100% doing this because THEY actually care about the charges and the process, while the left only cares about the politics.

If the GOP cared about the process Merrick Garland would be a supreme court justice. And if they were really concerned, they'd wait for the Mueller investigation to end so we would not have a president who is under investigation appointing SCOTUS judges who can stop him from being subpoenaed.

The accuser set a precondition that the FBI investigate her claims prior to her testifying.

Since when does an accuser have the right to "set the preconditions" of a hearing? It doesn't work that way. The committee sets the preconditions of the hearing. You either accept or decline.

You're blind if you can't see that the Ford team set this up so they can make an excuse why they aren't coming.

The vastly more powerful Republican-controlled Senate denied her that righteous response and played chicken with her.

The Republicans had nothing to do with it. The FBI stated the case was laughable and is outside their purview. They don't investigate local teen house parties.
This is not about a house party but rather about a Supreme Court nominee. Every Senator should be screaming for the truth.

They are, but 1) it's a house party they want the truth ABOUT, and 2) it's not the FBI's job. Since it was allegedly 36 years ago, it's not ANYONE'S job to investigate it, except for the Judiciary Committee.

Maybe instead of wailing and posturing about the GOP Senators not demanding an impossible investigation from an agency that has no jurisdiction, the DEM Senators should be demanding that Ford get her lying butt up to Capitol Hill.

At this point the deal should be closed. We gave you yesterday until 10:00pm, and extended it to today at 2:00pm and you're still jacking us around. Deal off. There will be no testimony.

It's called negotiating. Is it too late for Kavanaugh to apologize?

He has nothing to apologize for. She does perhaps, but not him.

They've been making arrangements for a week, that''s negotiating. Now it's pure stalling

No, it's still negotiating - especially considering how one-sided it is.

There is literally nothing to negotiate. She either shows up or she doesnt

Why are you so afraid of fairness and "due process"?

Why are you pretending you know what due process is, let alone care about it, when you keep demanding things that have nothing to do with due process?

The accuser set a precondition that the FBI investigate her claims prior to her testifying.

Since when does an accuser have the right to "set the preconditions" of a hearing? It doesn't work that way. The committee sets the preconditions of the hearing. You either accept or decline.

You're blind if you can't see that the Ford team set this up so they can make an excuse why they aren't coming.

The vastly more powerful Republican-controlled Senate denied her that righteous response and played chicken with her.

The Republicans had nothing to do with it. The FBI stated the case was laughable and is outside their purview. They don't investigate local teen house parties.
This is not about a house party but rather about a Supreme Court nominee. Every Senator should be screaming for the truth.

They are, but 1) it's a house party they want the truth ABOUT, and 2) it's not the FBI's job. Since it was allegedly 36 years ago, it's not ANYONE'S job to investigate it, except for the Judiciary Committee.

Maybe instead of wailing and posturing about the GOP Senators not demanding an impossible investigation from an agency that has no jurisdiction, the DEM Senators should be demanding that Ford get her lying butt up to Capitol Hill.

Maybe the GOP concern itself with the lies Kavanaugh told the senate during these hearings.

lying-to-the-fbi-is-a-crime-dr-christine-blasey-36443975.png

It ain't rocket science to see who's telling the truth.

The FBI has no jurisdiction in this; the Committee does.

Lying to the Committee is a crime.

Dr. Ford doesn't want to talk to the Committee.

JUDGE Kavanaugh has asked repeatedly to talk to the Committee.

Mark Judge has issued a statement to the Committee.

They all know lying to the Committee is a crime.

It ain't rocket science to see you're full of partisan crap.

Do you know this for a fact?

The truth is, that, despite their bluster, GOP leadership is $hitting their pants over this, and dare not pull the plug, now.

The truth is that you're once again counting on public support you don't have.

The GOP has no reason to fear this, or you, and is 100% doing this because THEY actually care about the charges and the process, while the left only cares about the politics.

If the GOP cared about the process Merrick Garland would be a supreme court justice. And if they were really concerned, they'd wait for the Mueller investigation to end so we would not have a president who is under investigation appointing SCOTUS judges who can stop him from being subpoenaed.

Please. You had a woman under FBI investigation and you ran her as your nominee for President.

Sexual Assault Groups Stop Work With Senators Over Treatment Of Christine Blasey Ford

Advocates for survivors of sexual violence are suspending their work with the Senate Judiciary Committee to protest how senators are reacting to Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“Your actions and comments in the past week have taken us back 25 years,” a coalition of advocates wrote the Senate Judiciary Committee.

For two years, a task force of national sexual assault and domestic violence groups has been working behind the scenes with the Senate Judiciary Committee to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act, which expires this year.

Now the National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is suspending negotiations with the committee over its treatment of Christine Blasey Ford, the psychology professor who says Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were teens.

Sexual Assault Groups Stop Work With Senators Over Treatment Of Christine Blasey Ford

Republicans are sinking.

So I'm hearing that people who allegedly care about sexual violence are going to abandon work with any and all other victims - ones with actual evidence - to make a political grandstand.

Democrats are sinking . . . of course, it would require you to have a sense of decency and conscience to care, so you're safe.

If this was a democratic nominee you'd be demanding investigations, so the only BS s coming from those like you.
When has it ever happened to a Democrat nominee? It doesn't because Republicans aren't shameless scumbags like Democrats are.

You might want to repost this. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
No, I really don't.

If she came forward when it supposedly happened, it would have been water under the bridge. Trying to prove something that happened 36 years ago is like trying to predict what the weather will be on election night today.

No, I really don't.

If she came forward when it supposedly happened, it would have been water under the bridge. Trying to prove something that happened 36 years ago is like trying to predict what the weather will be on election night today.
They can find witnesses who were there and interview them. They can place Kavanaugh at the scene..or not. They unlike you...are not totally stupid

I don't want this Kavanaugh guy in at the SCOTUS...BUT, I do not think whatever this woman says about him should make a difference to his nomination (BTW - I am not saying the event did or did not happen...I don't know).

I know women freak at this - but the woman should have come forward at the time of the alleged rape. I don't even begin to care how difficult it is for the women - they have a duty to other women to report their attackers. How the 'f' are rapists going to be stopped if women just think of themselves and don't tell the authorities so that the perpetrators can be brought to justice?
My sister (whom I love very much) stayed in a physically abusive marriage for years...and I say the same thing to her. Stop thinking of only yourself and think of your children and/or future victims of your husband/scumbag...REPORT HIM. NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT IS.
And please save the lecture ladies...I watched my mother get physically abused for years, I know first hand how tough it can be on the women. It changes nothing. You HAVE to report these scumbags to stop them doing this to others (and to yourself).

Do your duty as a human being to other women/potential victims. Sure society often makes it tough/VERY tough on the women in these cases. Do the right thing anyway...no excuse.

As much as I don't want this guy in the SCOTUS, I do not think this woman's accusations (unless they can be FACTUALLY proven - say with DNA evidence or numerous and unbiased eye-witnesses/video evidence/etc.) should exclude Kavanaugh from being approved.

Being a good/terrible person is nothing to do with being on the SCOTUS. It is strictly how good you are at interpreting the Constitution.

Couple of things.

First of all, I'm pleased you're at least showing a modicum of reason and decency.

Second, there is no "alleged rape". There is an alleged molestation. No rape.

Third, I can actually understand her not coming forward at the time, because I can remember what the 80s were like, and I can remember being 15 in the 80s. I'm having a lot more trouble with the idea that she 1) never so much as hinted at anyone for 30 years that anything ever happened, and 2) doesn't remember anything about it. I've said several times that I was the victim in a sexual assault three years after Dr. Ford's alleged sexual assault, and I can remember every damned detail around it today.

Fourth, I'm sorry about your sister, and you're correct that for the good of everyone including herself, she should press charges. Fortunately, the world is not the same now as it was in the 80s.

No, I really don't.

They can find witnesses who were there and interview them. They can place Kavanaugh at the scene..or not. They unlike you...are not totally stupid

They did find witnesses. All three said Ford is FOS. How many witnesses do you need for them to tell the committee that?

This should be investigated. Period.
Feinstein should be investigated. Why didn't she share this letter when she first got it in July?

Feinstein did not commit the act. This should be investigated. Maybe you need to experience being sexually assaulted to understand why women don't want to say anything about it. I don't need that to happen to ne in order to understand why Feinstein complied the wishes of the individual as long as she could.

Do not even TRY to hide your evil bullshit behind the skirts of sexual assault victims. Have YOU ever been sexually assaulted? No? I have. And you can take that shit straight to Hell.

This should be investigated. Period.
Feinstein should be investigated. Why didn't she share this letter when she first got it in July?

Do not even TRY to hide your evil bullshit behind the skirts of sexual assault victims. Have YOU ever been sexually assaulted? No? I have. And you can take that shit straight to Hell.
applause-5.png

Forum List

Back