Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before hearing

...Yes.....well.....nobody knows the truth and never will given the fact it's been over 35 years and Ford wants to make this an issue now. ..
That's exactly why the FBI needs to re-engage... a good-faith due-diligence effort to get us sufficiently close to the truth, to assess.

...So all we really have is he said/ she said, and nothing more...
Which is exactly why the FBI needs to re-engage.

...If the nomination depends on this house party, it's not the business of the FBI as it is not a federal issue--especially since he too was a minor at the time. ..
Au contraire... the FBI conducts the background investigations for SCOTUS nominees... including personal character attributions.

That makes it a Federal issue.

...Now if local agencies were involved, that's a different subject. Apparently nobody knew about this so-called attack so nothing was documented to make this about Kavanaugh's nomination.
Nobody's looking to prosecute... merely to complete an extensive background investigation...

You know...the kind of thing that the FBI does all the time for prospective high government officials.

--------------------

This is entirely within the purview of the FBI... and represents new information pertaining to a recently-completed investigation.

Last edited:
I don't want this Kavanaugh guy in at the SCOTUS...BUT, I do not think whatever this woman says about him should make a difference to his nomination (BTW - I am not saying the event did or did not happen...I don't know).

I know women freak at this - but the woman should have come forward at the time of the alleged rape. I don't even begin to care how difficult it is for the women - they have a duty to other women to report their attackers. How the 'f' are rapists going to be stopped if women just think of themselves and don't tell the authorities so that the perpetrators can be brought to justice?
My sister (whom I love very much) stayed in a physically abusive marriage for years...and I say the same thing to her. Stop thinking of only yourself and think of your children and/or future victims of your husband/scumbag...REPORT HIM. NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT IS.
And please save the lecture ladies...I watched my mother get physically abused for years, I know first hand how tough it can be on the women. It changes nothing. You HAVE to report these scumbags to stop them doing this to others (and to yourself).

Do your duty as a human being to other women/potential victims. Sure society often makes it tough/VERY tough on the women in these cases. Do the right thing anyway...no excuse.

As much as I don't want this guy in the SCOTUS, I do not think this woman's accusations (unless they can be FACTUALLY proven - say with DNA evidence or numerous and unbiased eye-witnesses/video evidence/etc.) should exclude Kavanaugh from being approved.

Being a good/terrible person is nothing to do with being on the SCOTUS. It is strictly how good you are at interpreting the Constitution.

It's not so black and white.

I know why Christine Blasey Ford didn’t come forward earlier. I didn’t, either.

I was sexually assaulted. Here’s why I don’t remember many of the details.

Sorry, I do respect you, but I think it is (black and white).

It is the duty of every person to report a crime...no matter how uncomfortable doing so is. And I am fully cognizant of the problems women face in this area.

But there is simply no other way to stop rapists/physical abusers - you HAVE to report them or they will never stop (until they die).

I watched my mother be physically abused and I heard about my sister being beaten. My mother eventually reported my father (sort of). But my sister never did. My father is dead - so he can do no more harm. But I shudder to think what my sis's ex is doing to his future partners. Beating the shit out of them - I bet you.
And let's not forget the damage done to my siblings and my sister's children - being witness to years of physical abuse while the women just shrug it off or make excuses for their abusers. My older brother killed himself and my nephews have both been incarcerated for serious crimes. To assume witnessing the years of physical abuse had no effect on them would be wrong. Ignoring violence can cause immense damage.

Sorry...I do not care what the excuses are...you MUST report when you have been raped/sexually abused/beaten IMMEDIATELY.
You don't want to - tough. Think of the others the man will continue to abuse unless you stop him.

Last edited:
I don't want this Kavanaugh guy in at the SCOTUS...BUT, I do not think whatever this woman says about him should make a difference to his nomination (BTW - I am not saying the event did or did not happen...I don't know).

I know women freak at this - but the woman should have come forward at the time of the alleged rape. I don't even begin to care how difficult it is for the women - they have a duty to other women to report their attackers. How the 'f' are rapists going to be stopped if women just think of themselves and don't tell the authorities so that the perpetrators can be brought to justice?
My sister (whom I love very much) stayed in a physically abusive marriage for years...and I say the same thing to her. Stop thinking of only yourself and think of your children and/or future victims of your husband/scumbag...REPORT HIM. NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT IS.
And please save the lecture ladies...I watched my mother get physically abused for years, I know first hand how tough it can be on the women. It changes nothing. You HAVE to report these scumbags to stop them doing this to others (and to yourself).

Do your duty as a human being to other women/potential victims. Sure society often makes it tough/VERY tough on the women in these cases. Do the right thing anyway...no excuse.

As much as I don't want this guy in the SCOTUS, I do not think this woman's accusations (unless they can be FACTUALLY proven - say with DNA evidence or numerous and unbiased eye-witnesses/video evidence/etc.) should exclude Kavanaugh from being approved.

Being a good/terrible person is nothing to do with being on the SCOTUS. It is strictly how good you are at interpreting the Constitution.

It is the duty of every person to report a crime...no matter how uncomfortable doing so is. And I am fully cognizant of the problems women face in this area.

But there is simply no other way to stop rapists/physical abusers - you HAVE to report them or they will never stop (until they die).

I watched my mother be physically abused and I heard about my sister being beaten. My mother eventually reported my father (sort of). But my sister never did. My father is dead - so he can do no more harm. But I shudder to think what my sis's ex is doing to his future partners. Beating the shit out of them - I bet you.
And let's not forget the damage done to my siblings and my sister's children - being witness to years of physical abuse while the women just shrug it off or make excuses for their abusers. My older brother killed himself and my nephews have both been incarcerated for serious crimes. Ignoring violence can cause immense damage.

Sorry...I do not care what the excuses are...you MUST report when you have been raped/sexually abused/beaten IMMEDIATELY.
You don't want to - tough. Think of the others the man will continue to abuse unless you stop him.

How women can look themselves in the mirror knowing that they have let a rapist/women beater off Scot-free is beyond me. The statistics are clear - men who rape/beat women almost never stop after one...they will continue until they are stopped.
Yes, of course, let's put the onus on a 15 year old child, some 30 years ago...

Not.

Pathetic.

And let's not forget the damage done to my siblings and my sister's children - being witness to years of physical abuse while the women just shrug it off or make excuses for their abusers. My older brother killed himself and my nephews have both been incarcerated for serious crimes. Ignoring violence can cause immense damage.

How women can look themselves in the mirror knowing that they have let a rapist/women beater off Scot-free is beyond me. The statistics are clear - men who rape/beat women almost never stop after one...they will continue until they are stopped.
Yes, of course, let's put the onus on a 15 year old child, some 30 years ago...

Not.

Pathetic.

What a ridiculous post.
Who else is the onus on? The rapist (assuming there were no other witnesses)?
Somehow, I don't think it is a good idea to hope the rapist will turn himself in...DUH.

And what is your solution?

Encourage rape victims to not report the crime if it makes them too uncomfortable?

Yes or no?

...What a ridiculous post....
Thank you for your feedback.

...Who else is the onus on?...
Everyone who cannot empathize with the fear gripping a 15-year-old so tightly that she clammed-up about it for decades.

--------------------

I'm not talking about the burden of reporting...

I'm talking about the lack of empathy for failing to understand why a victim would wait for so long before coming forward...

The numbers of people who do this... waiting for decades... is legion...

If her story is true, then, she demonstrated legendary patriotism in putting herself through all this for the good of the Republic...

If her story is true, then, by coming forward, she becomes an American Hero...

We will never know the truth, unless Mark Judge demonstrates similar courage, and testifies, and even then...

But we can get "in the neighborhood" of the truth; sufficient to use in a holistic measure of the personal character of a nominee...

That's why the FBI needs to re-engage, amend its findings, and report back to Congress, revising a closed background investigation.

Last edited:
Sadly, it has become apparent that the Republican Party is not to be trusted with the welfare of the Republic.

Unfortunately, that same assessment can be laid at the feet of the Democratic Party, as well.

Hero.....................LOL

A drunken teenage party.............before being an adult...........waiting nearly 4 decades to come forward.......in a SO CALLED EFFORT TO SAVE THE REPUBLIC................

You gotta be freaking kidding me.............if that is a HERO.............then the term has lost all of it's meaning.......kinda like the Nobel Peace prize to Obama when he hadn't done a dang thing............or Brucey........man THING of the Year......or was it WOMAN of the year...........

The Dems are unethical Pieces of Shit..........they used Federal Agencies to attack Americans.......No they use a dang Political Hack to try to destroy the character of another.............They are the scourge of this country.............as is the political whores who tell them where to march.

Everyone who cannot empathize with the fear gripping a 15-year-old so tightly that she clammed-up about it for decades.

--------------------

I'm talking about the lack of empathy for failing to understand why a victim would wait for so long before coming forward...

The numbers of people who do this... waiting for decades... is legion...

If her story is true, then, she demonstrated legendary patriotism in putting herself through all this for the good of the Republic...

If her story is true, then, by coming forward, she becomes an American Hero...

We will never know the truth, unless Mark Judge demonstrates similar courage, and testifies, and even then...

But we can get "in the neighborhood" of the truth; sufficient to use in a holistic measure of the personal character of a nominee...

That's why the FBI needs to re-engage, amend its findings, and report back to Congress, revising a closed background investigation.
Why did Fiendstein fail to bring this letter to the attention of Kavanaugh and the committee when she first received it. Is she also a rape victim?

Last edited:

--------------------

You said 'onus'...NOT 'empathy' in your post to me. They mean two, entirely different things.

'Definition of Onus

1[ Latin — more at ONEROUS ]

a: BURDEN

b: a disagreeable necessity : OBLIGATION'

Definition of ONUS

Of course I empathize with a rape victim (and ALL victims of violence against their will).

But my point is the 'onus' is on the victim to report the attack to the authorities (one cannot expect the rapist to do it).

I will ask you again (a little differently) -

When a rape has been committed and there are no witnesses other then the rapist and the victim - does the victim have a moral obligation to report the crime to the police?

Yes or no?

Last edited:
This should be investigated. Period.
Feinstein should be investigated. Why didn't she share this letter when she first got it in July?

Feinstein did not commit the act. This should be investigated. Maybe you need to experience being sexually assaulted to understand why women don't want to say anything about it. I don't need that to happen to ne in order to understand why Feinstein complied the wishes of the individual as long as she could.

Feinstein should be investigated. Why didn't she share this letter when she first got it in July?

Feinstein did not commit the act. This should be investigated. Maybe you need to experience being sexually assaulted to understand why women don't want to say anything about it. I don't need that to happen to ne in order to understand why Feinstein complied the wishes of the individual as long as she could.
:bsflag:

If this was a democratic nominee you'd be demanding investigations, so the only BS s coming from those like you.

If this was a democratic nominee you'd be demanding investigations, so the only BS s coming from those like you.
Baloney.............No charges can come of this.

She does not have witnesses to back up her claim.

The 4 she says were present when it happened deny that it happened.........

Game ...........Set..............match.............this is BS.........and a Democratic BS game that they have played before.

Game ...........Set..............match.............this is BS.........and a Democratic BS game that they have played before.

Seems that she does have witnesses. On top of that only 35-36 percent of the American people approve of this guy being confirmed.

And let's not forget the damage done to my siblings and my sister's children - being witness to years of physical abuse while the women just shrug it off or make excuses for their abusers. My older brother killed himself and my nephews have both been incarcerated for serious crimes. To assume witnessing the years of physical abuse had no effect on them would be wrong. Ignoring violence can cause immense damage.

If it's so black and white - why didn't you intervene to help your mother and sister?

If it's so black and white - why didn't you intervene to help your mother and sister?

Where EXACTLY did I say that I did not intervene, dickhead? But I was a kid for most of it and was specifically TOLD by my mother AND sister NOT to interfere.

But eventually, I could not stand it anymore and I DID intervene to help my mother when I was 11 (against her STRONG objections) - and got 'tossed' around for it. My father then stopped for a while. Later, when he started again, I tried to physically stop him again...but he was too much bigger then I was. The police were called - but my mother refused to press charges. Before it happened again, my mother kicked me out of the house.

As for my sister, I was not aware of the abuse she received until after she and her husband had split up. She moved to Seattle with her husband - the family was still in Iowa (GO Hawkeyes). She kept the abuse from the family - no one knew except my mother (I later found out - and the latter told no one).

Do you still say that I did not intervene, asshole? Yes or no?

Granted, I was not exactly perfect at it...but at least I tried.

Last edited:

Seems that she does have witnesses. On top of that only 35-36 percent of the American people approve of this guy being confirmed.

All her witnesses say she's FOS. The latest one is described as a close friend of hers.

Forum List

Back