🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
covering her mouth to muffle her screams

turning up the radio to muffle her screams

lying on top of her to prevent her from leaving

attempting to take off her bathing suit against her consent

all add up to attempted sexual assault.

& the term 'rape' is legally defined as more than what you described.

educate yourself.

Mmm-hmmm.

Did this come out during "repressed memory therapy"?

I'm guessing it sure did.

lol... go back to your god & ask for forgiveness. you need it.

Why? Because I think it's wrong to accuse someone publicly 36 years after the fact and ruin his life?

For something he did when he was 17? That he denies?

Why should I absolutely believe her word? Women never lie about such things for political gain--especially women like her, who attended the Women's March? Sure. Sure they don't. Nope.

because what he did at 17 & the ilk he hung with had carried over into his university years & also when he clerked which could very well determine how people ( particularly women) are treated in society.

what do you mean by 'women like her'?

how about women like *you*?

oh & hey.... did you know that in the state of maryland, there is no statute of limitations concerning this? perhaps she'll pursue that after this kangaroo court is over. apparently the good state of maryland doesn't think a possible attempted rape at the age of 17 is too be dismissed at any time...

Here's a question: why didn't she pursue criminal charges? Ever? The day after, the week after, the month, year, decade after?

Why just the political hit now? Gee....I wonder. I really wonder. Why don't you, sweetie?

because of women like *you*.

see how easy that was.

duh again.

Did it really come out during "repressed memory" therapy?

From what I understand most therapists now don't even subscribe to "repressed memories". It was a huge 80s/early 90s fad that has been largely debunked. IOW if you don't remember it, it probably didn't happen.

From my understanding.....people who suffer severe traumatic expereinces have trouble forgetting the experience, not remembering the experience...that is why they suffer...they can't get the exeperience out of their heads.....that is why this is such crap.

People can forget bad experiences in early childhood just like they can forget anything else. It's unlikely that a 15 year old would forget such an event from "repression" or would recover it from "repression therapy". However, the memory is very suggestible.

False Memory Syndrome Foundation

that would be open to questioning if the (R)s allowed the therapist to testify. they aren't allowing it. hmmmm.....

The so-called victim is a therapist herself. They can just ask her. They can get the entire story straight from her, so why waste time? That would be like asking an oncologist about the cancer that an oncologist patient has. Why would you bother? Just ask the patient. Saves time, comes straight from the source.

because her testimony can be corroborated with witness'.

duh.

Really? What witnesses have come forward? I mean actual witnesses who have not retracted. What you got?

covering her mouth to muffle her screams

turning up the radio to muffle her screams

lying on top of her to prevent her from leaving

attempting to take off her bathing suit against her consent

all add up to attempted sexual assault.

& the term 'rape' is legally defined as more than what you described.

educate yourself.

Mmm-hmmm.

Why? Because I think it's wrong to accuse someone publicly 36 years after the fact and ruin his life?

Why should I absolutely believe her word? Women never lie about such things for political gain--especially women like her, who attended the Women's March? Sure. Sure they don't. Nope.

because what he did at 17 & the ilk he hung with had carried over into his university years & also when he clerked for judge kosinki..which could very well determine how people ( particularly women) are treated in society.

oh & hey.... did you know that in the state of maryland, there is no statute of limitations concerning this? perhaps she'll pursue that after this kangaroo court is over. apparently the good state of maryland doesn't think a possible attempted rape at the age of 17 is too be dismissed at any time...

Oh. And by "women like her", I mean women who wait to accuse men, almost certainly falsely, of these crimes when the time is exactly right, when they can inflict the most pain and damage. That's not justice, that's toxic, pernicious, nasty and vile, which she MAY be if her professor ratings are any indication.

Now. What do you mean by "women like me"? Women who do not believe women who accuse men 36 years later just because they say-so? Hmmm? She has a vagina and says so, so I'm supposed to believe her? Sorry, I'm not that stupid, or insipid.

ya you are.

Mmm-hmmm.

because what he did at 17 & the ilk he hung with had carried over into his university years & also when he clerked which could very well determine how people ( particularly women) are treated in society.

Here's a question: why didn't she pursue criminal charges? Ever? The day after, the week after, the month, year, decade after?

Why just the political hit now? Gee....I wonder. I really wonder. Why don't you, sweetie?

see how easy that was.

duh again.

Are you a talking point pull toy for the Left? Is this all you have?

If it's easy and all you have are talking points, YOU'RE NOT USING YOUR BRAIN. Hello???

They rolled around as drunken kids who cant even drive yet and remained clothed
No rape
No assault
Nothing

she remained clothed because she luckily had a one piece bathing suit on along with him being sloppy drunk when his buddy jumped on them & she managed to get away.
I guess the lying bitch thought she'd have a swim in the pool located behind the 'fantasy house' after she got pissed and had a couple of 'lines'.

The “lying bitch” was a very frightened 15 year old girl. I doubt there were any “lines” at that party to do.

I’d like to mention that letter of recommendation signed by 65 women Kavenaugh didn’t try to rape in high school. Clearly Kavenaugh knew he had a problem because he produced his letter within minutes of this allegation being made public.

Notice how Trump says that Kavenaugh did it and yesterday posted “if it was as bad as she said”, charges would have been filed.

Republicans are basically admitttng it happened and they don’t care.

From my understanding.....people who suffer severe traumatic expereinces have trouble forgetting the experience, not remembering the experience...that is why they suffer...they can't get the exeperience out of their heads.....that is why this is such crap.

People can forget bad experiences in early childhood just like they can forget anything else. It's unlikely that a 15 year old would forget such an event from "repression" or would recover it from "repression therapy". However, the memory is very suggestible.

that would be open to questioning if the (R)s allowed the therapist to testify. they aren't allowing it. hmmmm.....

The so-called victim is a therapist herself. They can just ask her. They can get the entire story straight from her, so why waste time? That would be like asking an oncologist about the cancer that an oncologist patient has. Why would you bother? Just ask the patient. Saves time, comes straight from the source.

duh.

Really? What witnesses have come forward? I mean actual witnesses who have not retracted. What you got?

her doctor & her husband dating back to 2012. what harm is it to have them testify under oath? because it's' time saving?'

lol....

see how easy that was.

duh again.

If it's easy and all you have are talking points, YOU'RE NOT USING YOUR BRAIN. Hello???

lol... listen to you. that's all YOU'VE got.

How did Chuck Grassley find 65 women who knew Kavanaugh 30 years ago after most of them got married/changed their last names and get them to sign a letter saying how awesome he was less than 24 hours after news broke about his alleged sexual assault of a girl?

No rape
No assault
Nothing

she remained clothed because she luckily had a one piece bathing suit on along with him being sloppy drunk when his buddy jumped on them & she managed to get away.
I guess the lying bitch thought she'd have a swim in the pool located behind the 'fantasy house' after she got pissed and had a couple of 'lines'.

The “lying bitch” was a very frightened 15 year old girl. I doubt there were any “lines” at that party to do.

I’d like to mention that letter of recommendation signed by 65 women Kavenaugh didn’t try to rape in high school. Clearly Kavenaugh knew he had a problem because he produced his letter within minutes of this allegation being made public.

Notice how Trump says that Kavenaugh did it and yesterday posted “if it was as bad as she said”, charges would have been filed.

No, in the era of #MeToo, every conservative man know Clinton didn't do a darn thing but a conservative man raped every woman in a skirt. THAT is why Kavanaugh had a letter ready to go. And look he was smart to do it. Even so, this lady is all they could come up with. Not very credible. In fact, she may be downright nuts.

see how easy that was.

duh again.

lol... listen to you. that's all YOU'VE got.

Why should Ford be believed? Because she has a vagina and says so?

What you got? Are you a pull toy?

duh.

her doctor & her husband dating back to 2012. what harm is it to have them testify under oath? because it's' time saving?'

lol....

Those aren't witnesses. She basically told them what she remembered. They weren't there. And we already have the therapist's notes which don't even name Kavanaugh

No rape
No assault
Nothing

No, in the era of #MeToo, every conservative man know Clinton didn't do a darn thing but a conservative man raped every woman in a skirt. THAT is why Kavanaugh had a letter ready to go. And look he was smart to do it. Even so, this lady is all they could come up with. Not very credible. In fact, she may be downright nuts.

No he doesn’t look smart doing it. He looks guilty as hell. Like he knew this was coming and was ready for it.

I love how routinely statistics show that women are NOT lying about these things and yet every time a woman levels an accusation she’s immediately called a liar.

The odds are 99/1 that she’s not. That Kavenaugh knew he needed a letter shows she’s not lying.

uh-huh. i pity any so called 'conservatives' on this this thread. hopefully none of you have daughters.

i wonder if any of that ilk also believe that a 'man' shouldn't be charged with raping his wife after she refuses him.... that rape doesn't exist in a 'marriage'.

I pity any defendant if you or your liberal friends are on jury duty, because you’re supposed to be innocent until proven guilty! Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duh.

There are lots of witnesses. 40 former classmates signed a letter of support. Others talking about the rumours that circulated at her school following the assault.

Whenever a woman accuses a man, she’s lying, she’s crazy, she asked for it.

Your reaction is why a frightened girl doesn’t report an assault.

duh.

There are lots of witnesses. 40 former classmates signed a letter of support. Others talking about the rumours that circulated at her school following the assault.

Moron....a letter of support isn't witnesses....are you this fucking stupid? There were no rumours of this...... if there were rumours it would have popped in the FBI background check you moron....that is what they investigate and after 6 of them, nothing turned up.....

Please name one Democrat who has said that Ellison's accuser lied.
The Democrats are being exceptionally quiet regarding Ellison. Where is the outrage, where is the same urgency of getting to the truth? Face it there are two standards here. Its obvious.
Is Ellison going for SCOTUS?
No. But what does that matter?
When it comes to media attention it matters. Why does a senator get more media attention than the guy down the street?

duh.

1. A "Letter of support" does not a witness make.

2. The woman who talked about "rumors" after retracted her claim. You know this, right?

3. Not every women who accuses a man is lying, crazy or asked for it. Most are not lying, crazy or asked for it. But some are lying and crazy. You bet they are. Just because a woman accuses a man of rape does not make her a saint, or correct in her accusation. We should never, ever, "believe all women". Women can certainly lie and be crazy. !?!?!

No rape
No assault
Nothing

Says you, citing your imagination.

Ford says that she was pulled into the bedroom against her will, that they turned up music so no one would be able to hear her, that Kavanaugh held her down, that Kavanaugh covered her mouth when she tried to scream to such an extent that Ford thought that Kavanaugh might kill her inadvertantly.

That Kavanaugh tried to remove her swimsuit while she was pinned and kept from screaming.

That's forcible attempted rape.
Rape is ictually going into the vagina. Grabbing a breast is not rape Skyliar
He said attempted rape.

The difficulty with this is who to believe?

We don’t have enough info to call either party a liar.

For those who think she should have notified the authorities, she was essentially a kid over 30 years ago. It was terrifying and the sense of shame and embarrassment a woman feels is no joke.

I have no doubt there is politicization going on...but for the self righteous...that’s what you did with Clinton too. There are no angels when it comes to using sexual assault as a political weapon.

The real issue that no one is grappling in all the finger pointing is how do we deal with these issues in such a way that protects the accusers rights AND the accused? This is not like the Roy Moore case where there were multiple accounts, verifiable information and a history of behavior. This is a one off, when they were minors...he went to a school known for drinking and parties and spoiled rich kids. It is believable...but no evidence of anything since then. Do we define his character by that alone?

There are those calling him a sexual predator....wtf? Do you even know what a sexual predator is?

Forum List

Back