Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

So on the topic of this thread, so criminals buy illegal guns that don't have that feature...[/]

kaz, c'mon, that's all you can complain about? My idea must be really good.:D

Intelligun ? Fingerprint security - The Firearm Blog
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/LockState-LS-SC1000-Fingerprint-Biometric-Safe/dp/B002KMJZW0]LockState LS-SC1000 Fingerprint Biometric Safe Case - Amazon.com[/ame]
Fingerprint Gun Safes: Never Sacrifice Accessibility for Safety Again - The Gun Box Blog

What if your shooting hand was injured and you had to shoot with your off hand?

Fingerprint scanners can also be defeated.

33 gun deaths every day
35 thousand since Sandy Hook
2nd leading cause of death, ages 15-19
95% of Americans are in favor laws to get guns away from criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, mentally ill

But we still cater to a small minority of nutters who want everyone armed and shooting at each other.

More people die every year from automobile accidents than they do from guns. More children die every year from automobile accidents than they do from guns.

And yet all you want to do is focus on the object which causes less deaths. Where is your call to ban automobiles? Why - because you like them? Because you have an irrational fear of guns since you've never shot one? Because you were brainwashed by the media and mommy & daddy to fear them and you're weak minded?

Only a Dumbocrat is so fuck'n stupid as to lose their fuck'n mind over something that causes less death and embrace and celebrate something which causes more death... :bang3:

Cars have a purpose other than death. They are called accidents for a reason. Guns killing is no accident, that is their only purpose. Your really in no position to call anyone else stupid.

I'm pretty sure finger print scanners work for both hands. Seat belts can be defeated... so what? Are you planning to cut off the finger of your victim so you can use his gun? Or maybe your gonna get his print before you do the crime, print it out on latex?

Last edited:
Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?
I gave my plan yesterday, with a thread...MAKE THE ELECTION ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE...and it must have scared the NRA and GOP pretty bad, because it's been deleted.

I wish they would make the election about gun violence. The GOP would definitely win.

NRA Winning the Influence Battle Over Gun Control

Following the devastating mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., support for stricter gun control laws is now the highest it's been in a decade and has surged 18 points since the spring of this year, according to a new CBS News poll.

Fifty-seven percent of Americans now say gun control laws should be made more strict, according to the poll, conducted Dec. 14 - 16.
Poll: Support for stricter gun control at 10-year high - CBS News
You lose.

Put a fingerprint scanner on the bottom of gun handles, and you'd need to use the scan once every 24 hours or it won't fire after that time. So when the gun is stolen, it can't be used, since most won't be armed at the time of the theft. You could even store your gun loaded, as nobody could fire it anyways unless you yourself use the scan to arm it, making it faster to shoot at an intruder.

So on the topic of this thread, so criminals buy illegal guns that don't have that feature...[/]

kaz, c'mon, that's all you can complain about? My idea must be really good.:D

Intelligun ? Fingerprint security - The Firearm Blog
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/LockState-LS-SC1000-Fingerprint-Biometric-Safe/dp/B002KMJZW0]LockState LS-SC1000 Fingerprint Biometric Safe Case - Amazon.com[/ame]
Fingerprint Gun Safes: Never Sacrifice Accessibility for Safety Again - The Gun Box Blog

Isn't it amazing that the best idea a fucking stupid gun nutter can come up with to prevent needless, senseless death is.........to do absolutely fucking nothing. To act like there is no problem to solve.

Of course, the limited intellect displayed on here by the likes of a rotty or a warrior or a go for it, spider, or any of the other gun nutter idiots, well what can you expect.

Low intelligence gives poor results. No matter what the problem is.

The question by the OP was simple. Tell us what your plan is. Admitting you have no plan and then mocking us for solving the problem you can't is a great example of "limited intellect displayed."

I gave my plan yesterday, with a thread...MAKE THE ELECTION ABOUT GUN VIOLENCE...and it must have scared the NRA and GOP pretty bad, because it's been deleted.

I wish they would make the election about gun violence. The GOP would definitely win.

Following the devastating mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., support for stricter gun control laws is now the highest it's been in a decade and has surged 18 points since the spring of this year, according to a new CBS News poll.

Fifty-seven percent of Americans now say gun control laws should be made more strict, according to the poll, conducted Dec. 14 - 16.
You lose.

People once would have polled the earth was flat, did that make it so? Would a poll on global warming confirm whether it's man made or not?

Also, you promised us you'd presented a solution and the mods deleted it. So, in this thread we're asking for solutions. Now's your chance. Stop shucking and jiving and present it.

I'm pretty sure finger print scanners work for both hands. Seat belts can be defeated... so what? Are you planning to cut off the finger of your victim so you can use his gun? Or maybe your gonna get his print before you do the crime, print it out on latex?

It has a manual key override, no need to cut off fingers, just get the damn key reprogram it to your print. And you have to specify right or left hand since the scanner is on one side not both.

Intelligun

Do you have a safe or anything that requires a fingerprint scan? If so have you ever noticed that if your finger isn't just right on the pad it won't read properly.

I personally think it's a dumb idea and I doubt many people will purchase the kit.

You lose.

That's why the President was able to get his gun legislation passed. Oh wait!!

Damn you people are stupid.

It has a manual key override, no need to cut off fingers, just get the damn key reprogram it to your print. And you have to specify right or left hand since the scanner is on one side not both.

Intelligun

Do you have a safe or anything that requires a fingerprint scan? If so have you ever noticed that if your finger isn't just right on the pad it won't read properly.

I personally think it's a dumb idea and I doubt many people will purchase the kit.

Not to mention that while this would be an argument at least in the child shooting thread, this one's about how to stop criminals from buying guns. This proposal is just a variation of [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] 's proposal to tax the snot out of guns. It doesn't address the question because it's only another type of how government restricts guns. Whether they are banned, taxed or keypadded, it just makes criminals move on to an illegal gun. And hence the question, why their law will work when pot is outright illegal and any kid can buy all they want.

Intelligun

Not to mention that while this would be an argument at least in the child shooting thread, this one's about how to stop criminals from buying guns. This proposal is just a variation of [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] 's proposal to tax the snot out of guns. It doesn't address the question because it's only another type of how government restricts guns. Whether they are banned, taxed or keypadded, it just makes criminals move on to an illegal gun. And hence the question, why their law will work when pot is outright illegal and any kid can buy all they want.
Wouldn't denying criminals and mental cases guns be infringing on their 2nd amendment rights? So that's ok?

Intelligun

Wouldn't denying criminals and mental cases guns be infringing on their 2nd amendment rights? So that's ok?

Sure, I'll explain basic Constitutional rights to you. Let me introduce you to the fifth amendment of the US Constitution: "No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." So, if "criminals" or "mental cases" have had with "due process of law" the right to legally buy a gun stripped, then it is actually not infringing on their 2nd amendment rights. If they have not, then it is.

All of this once evades the question by the OP, how do you stop them from buying an illegal gun? But as over and over you have no answer to that, this sort of irrelevancy is where you're going to keep heading, isn't it?

Last edited:

Intelligun

iPhone fingerprint scanner works pretty good. They get better as they go along. Manual key override requires the key, the user is assumed to have a means to secure the key away from the weapon. Depends on your personal situation. Do you lock your car door? How about the door to your place of business? I don't have a problem with easily removed locks, people use em or don't, free country. That said if a kid drowns in you pool and you did not have a kid proof fence... expect to be sued and loose. As these gun locks become more pervasive expect to be sued if a kid shoots someone or himself with your unlocked gun.

Last edited:

Intelligun

My guess is most new guns will begin to pervasively have this tech, probably by law... the bullets will become super expensive and get tagged for identification purposes... and the old lead bullets and making bullets will become banned without a special license that costs way to much. Thus over time, just like in the end of the world shows, we'll be back to using bows and arrows and only a few people will still have guns.

Last edited:

Intelligun

iPhone fingerprint scanner works pretty good. They get better as they go along. Manual key override requires the key, the user is assumed to have a means to secure the key away from the weapon. Depends on your personal situation. Do you lock your car door? How about the door to your place of business? I don't have a problem with easily removed locks, people use em or don't, free country. That said if a kid drowns in you pool and you did not have a kid proof fence... expect to be sued and loose. As these gun locks become more pervasive expect to be sued if a kid shoots someone or himself with your unlocked gun.

Door locks and not impenetrable.

I addressed your key override key remark already. If I person can steal your gun, he can also steal the override key.

Are you sure you want to compare children drowning in pools to those dying by guns?

1. Fact: Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That's right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.[1]

2. Fact: More children will die in a car, drown in a pool, or choke on food than they will by firearms. As seen by the chart on the previous page, children are at a 2,000 percent greater risk from the car in their driveway, than they are by the gun in their parents' closet. Children are almost 7 times more likely to drown than to be shot, and they are 130 percent more likely to die from choking on their dinner.[2]

3. Fact: Accidental gun deaths among children have declined by over 50 % in 25 years, even though the population (and the gun stock) has continued to increase. [3]

4. Fact: Despite the low number of gun accidents among children, most of these fatalities are not truly "accidents." According to Dr. Gary Kleck, many such accidents are misnamed -- those "accidents" actually resulting from either suicides or extreme cases of child abuse.[4] Dr. Kleck also notes that, "Accidental shooters were significantly more likely to have been arrested, arrested for a violent act, arrested in connection with alcohol, involved in highway crashes, given traffic citations, and to have had their driver's license suspended or revoked."[5]

Myth #2: Children Gun Deaths Are At Epidemic Proportions

Intelligun

My guess is most new guns will begin to pervasively have this tech, probably by law... the bullets will become super expensive and get tagged for identification purposes... and the old lead bullets and making bullets will become banned without a special license that costs way to much. Thus over time, just like in the end of the world shows, we'll be back to using bows and arrows and only a few people will still have guns.

I doubt it.

This is the future in ammo. BTW

gun-ammo-300x169.jpg

The new R.I.P. Ammo

Intelligun

I know of no reason to doubt that will happen. The Constitution isn't even a speed bump restricting the Federal government anymore. In fact, it's a tool to bypass the legislature and just decree new law. Sadly, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Obviously if that technology were to spread for personal weapons in the marketplace, that would be excellent. I would personally be a lot more willing to buy a gun for self defense with that feature. If I trusted it. I'm not there yet with that. I mentioned I'm a collector now, but my guns are locked and I don't keep ammunition with the guns. Then again, I live in really safe areas.

Last edited:

Intelligun

Door locks and not impenetrable.

I addressed your key override key remark already. If I person can steal your gun, he can also steal the override key.

Are you sure you want to compare children drowning in pools to those dying by guns?

1. Fact: Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That's right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.[1]

2. Fact: More children will die in a car, drown in a pool, or choke on food than they will by firearms. As seen by the chart on the previous page, children are at a 2,000 percent greater risk from the car in their driveway, than they are by the gun in their parents' closet. Children are almost 7 times more likely to drown than to be shot, and they are 130 percent more likely to die from choking on their dinner.[2]

3. Fact: Accidental gun deaths among children have declined by over 50 % in 25 years, even though the population (and the gun stock) has continued to increase. [3]

4. Fact: Despite the low number of gun accidents among children, most of these fatalities are not truly "accidents." According to Dr. Gary Kleck, many such accidents are misnamed -- those "accidents" actually resulting from either suicides or extreme cases of child abuse.[4] Dr. Kleck also notes that, "Accidental shooters were significantly more likely to have been arrested, arrested for a violent act, arrested in connection with alcohol, involved in highway crashes, given traffic citations, and to have had their driver's license suspended or revoked."[5]

Myth #2: Children Gun Deaths Are At Epidemic Proportions

LS you are arguing with someone who agrees with the point that these gun laws suck. My point was not to say we need these things. My point was to make predictions about what is going to happen, like it or not. We do these things because we can and because people demand solutions. Whether or not said solutions are effective is completely mute to the progressive liberal mind.

As for the children thing.. I don't mind retroactive negligence laws. If a child drowns in your pool and you don't have a fence, negligence. If a child picks up your unlocked gun and kills himself, negligence. If a child dies of heat exhaustion in a car, negligence. I don't see what the big deal is.

I know of no reason to doubt that will happen. The Constitution isn't even a speed bump restricting the Federal government anymore. In fact, it's a tool to bypass the legislature and just decree new law. Sadly, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Obviously if that technology were to spread for personal weapons in the marketplace, that would be excellent. I would personally be a lot more willing to buy a gun for self defense with that feature. If I trusted it. I'm not there yet with that. I mentioned I'm a collector now, but my guns are locked and I don't keep ammunition with the guns. Then again, I live in really safe areas.

I live in a remote location, I have plenty of hunting weapons. Don't have any young kids any more so my guns are ready to use and not locked up. I'll get a cabinet and lock em up as a part of the child proofing when the grand kids start showing up. I'm not worried about unlocking em for use as I have a pack of dogs that won't let anyone within 500y of the ranch house without an escort :)

Last edited:

I live in a remote location, I have plenty of hunting weapons. Don't have any young kids any more so my guns are ready to use and not locked up. I'll get a cabinet and lock em up as a part of the child proofing when the grand kids start showing up. I'm not worried about unlocking em for use as I have a pack of dogs that won't let anyone within 500y of the ranch house without an escort :)

We had a yappy French dog until last year when it passed away. I'll be honest, I hated that dog. It was a dog for women and children. It was a Bichon Frise. Whenever we were on vacation and my wife's friends took care of it when we got back it was the same story. How'd it go? I love your dog! My kids love your dog! I'm sorry, it can't come back, my husband hated it.... But I will give it credit to your point that it was the best damned security system we ever had though. Protection? No. Warning, yeah...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back