Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Government's his daddy, daddy won't let him play with guns lest he shoot himself in the foot, daddy takes care of him, and he has no worries because daddy is paid by some rich guy.

Ah interesting post of nonsense.

Most of the cops in the US receive very little formal training and as evidenced by the number of innocent bystanders shot by police and the number of rounds they waste when firing at bad guys they obviously receive very little range time either.

Claiming just because they get paid as cops somehow makes them better then an average citizen is ignorant as hell.

The LEO approach when engaged in a firefight is to 'spray and pray'.

-Geaux

Probably none, but if any a very tiny percent.

Ok so the gun owner just armed a criminal and you think that's adding to safety? So now the next person he robs has to deal with an armed criminal? That's good in your mind? Maybe this criminal now shoots some child, but that's ok because the original owner is safe right? I hope most gun owners aren't like you, your very sad and pathetic.

And as usual, the uninformed, juvenile liberal guesses as to the reality. Just so you know, guns are stolen form officers every year in this nation.

As far as the criminal being armed....criminals will always be armed. As ie pointed out many times in this thread already (and you're incapable of responding to): prostitution is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Domestic violence is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Child molestation is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Cocaine is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Murder is outlawed and you haven't stopped that.

The fact that you think you can stop criminals from getting guns just illustrates how ignorant, immature, and idealistic you are...

Since your so informed then provide us with a number and a link. Let's see what percent of the 232,000 they are.

Well as long as gun owners provide them with guns they will be armed. That makes gun owners a major part of the problem.

Monroeville police officer loses his service weapon | Allegheny Co. News - WTAE Home

Mass. officer loses gun in courthouse bathroom - Boston.com

Officer Loses Gun In Police Parking Lot - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Monroeville police officer loses his service weapon | Allegheny Co. News - WTAE Home

Cop Loses Badge, Gun While Investigation Continues into Trespass Claim - Police & Fire - East Hampton, NY Patch

Ah interesting post of nonsense.

Most of the cops in the US receive very little formal training and as evidenced by the number of innocent bystanders shot by police and the number of rounds they waste when firing at bad guys they obviously receive very little range time either.

Claiming just because they get paid as cops somehow makes them better then an average citizen is ignorant as hell.

The LEO approach when engaged in a firefight is to 'spray and pray'.

-Geaux

Sad but true...

Yes and guns are so good that 232,000 of them are stolen from gun owners each year. :clap2:

Gun owners do not invite criminals to steal guns. It is not irresponsible to be a victim of theft. What is irresponsible is not being prepared and capable of defending your home and family.

Sorry but if your gun falls in the hands of a criminal it is your fault. How about you guys show some personal responsibility? You wouldn't need a gun to defend your home if that irresponsible gun owner hadn't supplied the criminal with a gun.

According to [MENTION=43262]Brain357[/MENTION] - if a woman gets raped, it is her fault.

And as usual, the uninformed, juvenile liberal guesses as to the reality. Just so you know, guns are stolen form officers every year in this nation.

As far as the criminal being armed....criminals will always be armed. As ie pointed out many times in this thread already (and you're incapable of responding to): prostitution is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Domestic violence is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Child molestation is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Cocaine is outlawed and you haven't stopped that. Murder is outlawed and you haven't stopped that.

The fact that you think you can stop criminals from getting guns just illustrates how ignorant, immature, and idealistic you are...

Since your so informed then provide us with a number and a link. Let's see what percent of the 232,000 they are.

Well as long as gun owners provide them with guns they will be armed. That makes gun owners a major part of the problem.

Mass. officer loses gun in courthouse bathroom - Boston.com

Officer Loses Gun In Police Parking Lot - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29

Cop Loses Badge, Gun While Investigation Continues into Trespass Claim - Police & Fire - East Hampton, NY Patch

New York anyone? Four guns stolen from cops? lockers in East Village precinct | New York Post

Right out of the police station. I can find a lot more with simple searches.

If an firearm is more effective than a security system why are 232,000 firearms stolen each year? I'm sorry your question is so stupid I just like your repeating it constantly. Btw, what good is a gun when your not home? Ouch, point security system.

There is no comparison between his question and yours. YOU claim an alarm is at least as effective as a firearm, so his question is directly relevant. Your question about firearms and stealing firearms has NO relevance.

I'm sorry to say that you have no credibility left in my eyes. I suspect that others gave up on you a long time ago.

How is the number of firearms stolen not relevant? He is saying that all you need is a gun and your safe from criminals. Yet 232,000 guns were stolen. Clearly having a gun doesn't always save you from criminals. But asking why police don't have alarms instead of guns is a good question to you? Have I stepped into the land of the idiots? You've lost all credibility in my eyes. Even the obvious eludes you.

Having lost the respect of an idiot doesn't bother me at all.

Like all liberals, doing simple searches and educating himself before pretending to be an expert is too much "work".

NONE of the proposals from Obama or the Democrats on new laws last year or this would have had any effect on all but one of the shootings in schools or mass shootings and then since the Mother had no record no mental problems and no history there is no reason to believe even with new laws she couldn't have kept the weapons she bought legally.

Background checks are mandatory INCLUDING at Gun Shows. There is no compelling evidence that private sellers being forced to do background checks would prevent any shooting that has occurred that the left is all up in arms about.

Probably less then 20 people are killed a year by semi automatic "assault" rifles. And the total for rifles of all kinds is 400. There is no compelling State interest in outlawing supposed "assault" weapons, they are seldom used to commit crime in this country and so few murders occur with them that the right to keep and bear far out ways any supposed State interest in banning them.

Same with 15 and 30 round magazines. No compelling State interest exists when one goes through the crime statistics to support a ban.

It is already illegal for those adjudged mentally unfit to own possess or use firearms. The problem is local authorities either do not know how to process someone they suspect of fitting this category or they are afraid they will be sued by the local Liberal dumb asses for sending people to court over mental issues.

It is already illegal for felons to possess own or use firearms. It is illegal to sell to them any firearm. Nothing the President suggested nothing Congress suggested wold have had any effect on how criminals get firearms already.

The 2nd Amendment is a protected right in order for the State to curtail limit or remove it requires compelling State interests that far out reach the benefit

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Gun control is pointless unless all guns are removed completely as has been done in certain countries such as Great Britain. Yes, GB still has murders and many times murderers use knives or other lethal weapons, but the overall homicide rate is much lower than in the US. We are not going to take everyone's guns away, so more gun control laws will not reduce gun crimes.

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Gun control is pointless unless all guns are removed completely as has been done in certain countries such as Great Britain. Yes, GB still has murders and many times murderers use knives or other lethal weapons, but the overall homicide rate is much lower than in the US. We are not going to take everyone's guns away, so more gun control laws will not reduce gun crimes.

Actually violent crimes are many many times more prevalent in England then the US and firearm crimes have gone UP there are more firearms on the street in England now then before the ban.

Gun owners do not invite criminals to steal guns. It is not irresponsible to be a victim of theft. What is irresponsible is not being prepared and capable of defending your home and family.

Sorry but if your gun falls in the hands of a criminal it is your fault. How about you guys show some personal responsibility? You wouldn't need a gun to defend your home if that irresponsible gun owner hadn't supplied the criminal with a gun.

According to [MENTION=43262]Brain357[/MENTION] - if a woman gets raped, it is her fault.

No it is not her fault. I love how you guys won't take any responsibility. Very heroic.

Yes and guns are so good that 232,000 of them are stolen from gun owners each year. :clap2:

Perhaps you can explain your solution to the problem, that comports with current Second Amendment jurisprudence.

Perhaps you can explain your solution to the problem, that comports with current Second Amendment jurisprudence.

I hope you PM'd the idiot a dictionary along with this post.

How about you focus on how to stop your fellow gun owners from supplying criminals with 232,000 guns a year.

How about you focus on how to stop your fellow gun owners from supplying criminals with 232,000 guns a year.

Acceptable risk....

Meanwhile.....

Detroit Police Chief Recommends People Get Guns

Detroit's police chief is sticking to his guns after being criticized for supporting citizens to arm themselves.

Police Chief James Craig responded Thursday to a Detroit resident who challenged his pro-gun stance. Mr. Craig made national news earlier this month after he said armed citizens could serve as a deterrent to criminals, The Detroit News reported.

“Coming from California, where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation,” he said at a press conference on Jan. 2. “I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.

Read more: Detroit police chief: Armed citizens can make city safer - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

New York anyone? Four guns stolen from cops? lockers in East Village precinct | New York Post

Right out of the police station. I can find a lot more with simple searches.

Like all liberals, doing simple searches and educating himself before pretending to be an expert is too much "work".

Ummm...that's still a tiny, tiny percent of the 232,000....

I don't disagree that it is a small percent - but it's yet another glaring example of your contradictions and insanity.

Because of your lack of knowledge - you view law enforcement as some super-human cyborg entity of altruistic perfection (it's called liberal brain washing). You celebrate them being armed while coming up with every absurd excuse imaginable why the average citizen should have "an alarm system instead of a gun".

But law enforcement officers are just people like you and me. And they are just as susceptible to the same mistakes as you and me. They lose their gun and/or have it stolen. They have AD's. Their stray rounds strike innocent bystanders. They make bad decisions. And yet you want your law enforcement officers armed to the teeth instead of carrying an "alarm" around.

So what is the difference between a citizen and a citizen working as a law enforcement officer? The way you view them. In other words - it's all in your head.

No it is not her fault. I love how you guys won't take any responsibility. Very heroic.

Well now you're contradicting yourself once again. If the victim in a gun theft is to blame for not preventing their firearm from being stolen, then the victim in a rape is to blame for not preventing their rape.

This is the problem with you liberals. You contradict your own views. You people are incapable of creating a consistent narrative (which is why all of you come off as buffoon's in a debate).

Acceptable risk....

Meanwhile.....

Detroit Police Chief Recommends People Get Guns

Detroit's police chief is sticking to his guns after being criticized for supporting citizens to arm themselves.

Police Chief James Craig responded Thursday to a Detroit resident who challenged his pro-gun stance. Mr. Craig made national news earlier this month after he said armed citizens could serve as a deterrent to criminals, The Detroit News reported.

“Coming from California, where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation,” he said at a press conference on Jan. 2. “I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.

Read more: Detroit police chief: Armed citizens can make city safer - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

I've yet to talk with an officer who didn't believe that all law abiding citizens should be armed at all times. They all say the exact same thing: "I can't be everywhere at the same time".

People like brainless live in their little naïve utopian world where the police "protect" you. Not only is that not their job, it's actually illegal. To protect you, they would have to arrest someone before they committed a crime. And that is simply unconstitutional. You must become a victim first - and then law enforcement can make an arrest. But if you've already become a victim, it's too late.

People like brainless need to understand the old saying: "when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away".

Ummm...that's still a tiny, tiny percent of the 232,000....

I don't disagree that it is a small percent - but it's yet another glaring example of your contradictions and insanity.

Because of your lack of knowledge - you view law enforcement as some super-human cyborg entity of altruistic perfection (it's called liberal brain washing). You celebrate them being armed while coming up with every absurd excuse imaginable why the average citizen should have "an alarm system instead of a gun".

But law enforcement officers are just people like you and me. And they are just as susceptible to the same mistakes as you and me. They lose their gun and/or have it stolen. They have AD's. Their stray rounds strike innocent bystanders. They make bad decisions. And yet you want your law enforcement officers armed to the teeth instead of carrying an "alarm" around.

So what is the difference between a citizen and a citizen working as a law enforcement officer? The way you view them. In other words - it's all in your head.

232,000 guns stolen each year and it is absurd to suggest gun owners get alarm systems and safes? Why is it so important to you that criminals be armed?

Forum List

Back