Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Gee, now you are willing to silence the Free Press but not to give an inch on gun control.

In fact I agree with you, in the sense that the press should self censor, and the NRA and its followers should do so too. I hope this is not to abstract for you.
How many gun laws do we need? How many more will it take before you realize that criminals don't obey laws, no matter how many there are?

That's exactly why we should abolish speed limits.
I've never said we should abolish all gun laws. My point is that we have thousands that are insufficiently enforced.

More and newly worded laws will be just as ineffective to stop gun violence. Putting violent felons in prison for keeps WOULD have an effect.

We have the fullest jails in the world. Seems like other countries must be doing something better.

They don't have as many black people.

Just saying.

Not sure that is true. Certainly not relevant.

How many gun laws do we need? How many more will it take before you realize that criminals don't obey laws, no matter how many there are?

I've never said we should abolish all gun laws. My point is that we have thousands that are insufficiently enforced.

More and newly worded laws will be just as ineffective to stop gun violence. Putting violent felons in prison for keeps WOULD have an effect.

We have the fullest jails in the world. Seems like other countries must be doing something better.

Just saying.

It is. Who are you going to compare us to....Sweden? Does Sweden share a border with a 3rd world nation and is it invaded by hordes of illegal aliens? Do they have black people who refuse to rise from the ghetto mentality and commit triple their fair share of crimes?

So before you start comparing our prisons and crime rate with other nations, you should ask yourself if the comparison is truly fair.

Just saying.

It is. Who are you going to compare us to....Sweden? Does Sweden share a border with a 3rd world nation and is it invaded by hordes of illegal aliens? Do they have black people who refuse to rise from the ghetto mentality and commit triple their fair share of crimes?

So before you start comparing our prisons and crime rate with other nations, you should ask yourself if the comparison is truly fair.

And who is fair to compare to?

Just saying.

There are countries in Africa with lower homicide and incarceration rates.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Just saying.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

What you don't seem to understand is that having a lower incarceration rate isn't an attribute. If often means that crimes aren't being punished. How many countries in Africa have armed militias terrorizing the country side killing people with machetes and raping women and children and you want to praise them because they don't throw these people in prison? What the hell's the matter with you?

Just saying.

What you don't seem to understand is that having a lower incarceration rate isn't an attribute. If often means that crimes aren't being punished. How many countries in Africa have armed militias terrorizing the country side killing people with machetes and raping women and children and you want to praise them because they don't throw these people in prison? What the hell's the matter with you?

Are those the same ones with the low homicide rate?

And just who do you want to compare us to?

Just saying.

The United States. Nobody else has our problems. That we would have less crime if we didn't have black people and millions of illegal immigrants is a simple fact, incontrovertable. It's an "inconvenient truth". Both are our fault. We had slavery, we refused to protect our borders because we wanted cheap labor. And now when you look at our prisons, you can't ignore the fact that hispanics and blacks are committing the majority of violent crimes, and it isn't "racist" to make note of that.

Just saying.

The United States. Nobody else has our problems. That we would have less crime if we didn't have black people and millions of illegal immigrants is a simple fact, incontrovertable. It's an "inconvenient truth". Both are our fault. We had slavery, we refused to protect our borders because we wanted cheap labor. And now when you look at our prisons, you can't ignore the fact that hispanics and blacks are committing the majority of violent crimes, and it isn't "racist" to make note of that.

I see so nobody. Because nobody else has immigrants and only we had slavery. Let me know when you have something intelligent to say.

Just saying.

You're a rank moron who doesn't know how crime stats are tallied. I try not to argue with people as stupid as you because it causes me to lose my edge, but there's too many of you and too few of my kind, so here goes.

Not every country applies the law like the United States. Charging fewer people with homicide doesn't mean that fewer homicides are being committed. When entire villages are mowed down with AK-47's and nobody is brought to justice because of it, that doesn't mean the country is "low crime", it means that it's a very high crime country nigh to being an anarchy. Somolia is a good example of this.

So now when I tell you you can take what you think you know and shove it, you'll know why.

Just saying.

I see so nobody. Because nobody else has immigrants and only we had slavery. Let me know when you have something intelligent to say.

Nobody else has hordes of ILLEGAL immigrants, you stupid, dumbass.

You're a rank moron who doesn't know how crime stats are tallied. I try not to argue with people as stupid as you because it causes me to lose my edge, but there's too many of you and too few of my kind, so here goes.

Not every country applies the law like the United States. Charging fewer people with homicide doesn't mean that fewer homicides are being committed. When entire villages are mowed down with AK-47's and nobody is brought to justice because of it, that doesn't mean the country is "low crime", it means that it's a very high crime country nigh to being an anarchy. Somolia is a good example of this.

So now when I tell you you can take what you think you know and shove it, you'll know why.

Sure we are the only country who calculates homicide rates correctly. Right.

Did I say that? Then STFU!

You seem to be yes. As a percent of population Canada has more immigrants than the US. As do other countries....

You seem to be yes. As a percent of population Canada has more immigrants than the US. As do other countries....

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, YOU TRIPLE DUMBFUCK DELIGHT!

I'm through talking to you. Good bye.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, YOU TRIPLE DUMBFUCK DELIGHT!

I'm through talking to you. Good bye.

Adios!

don't want to limit your right, I simply stated if my State had the ability to license gun owners I'd have no problem with that. It simply makes sense. You've made a number of suppositions, erroneously, on matters I don't support and fall back on not a solution, or even an effort to mitigate gun violence in America, by claiming your right. A right I don't support taking away, but one which must have some checks and balances in a diverse society of over 300 million people.

What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?

Let's not stop with just a license....let's register all books, articles and internet posts with the government....let's limit the number of pages you can use to write your books and articles...after all, do people really need more than a few pages to make their points....we can go on all day about limiting speech to protect people....

Yes, great point Bill. Books can be dangerous. They could instruct how to make bombs or commit suicide or they might even question government. We need to license that sort of power.

Hyperbole and sarcasm are surly substantive, at least for some. Let's continue to do the same thing over and over - eventually we'll get a different result. Isn't that right, Kaz.

So what you have is dodge, stutter, evade. What about addressing the question? "What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?"

Speech is limited, as any first year law student (and most high school freshman) know; that you don't is telling. On point, words can hurt, guns kill and maim; so your non sequitur is a foolish attempt to deflect from the real issue, that being, a means to possibly mitigate the harm done by gun violence. That you don't give a damn about the harm done to others, and object to any effort to mitigate that harm is why you're on of the Callous Conservatives.

Some of the dumbest people posting on this message board are the most insistent in their belief the Second Amendment is sacrosanct. It is only so because the Supreme Court has made some rather foolish decisions, see Heller, once again a one vote swing would have made all the difference.

What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?

Let's not stop with just a license....let's register all books, articles and internet posts with the government....let's limit the number of pages you can use to write your books and articles...after all, do people really need more than a few pages to make their points....we can go on all day about limiting speech to protect people....

Yes, great point Bill. Books can be dangerous. They could instruct how to make bombs or commit suicide or they might even question government. We need to license that sort of power.

Hyperbole and sarcasm are surly substantive, at least for some. Let's continue to do the same thing over and over - eventually we'll get a different result. Isn't that right, Kaz.

So what you have is dodge, stutter, evade. What about addressing the question? "What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?"

Speech is limited, as any first year law student (and most high school freshman) know; that you don't is telling. On point, words can hurt, guns kill and maim; so your non sequitur is a foolish attempt to deflect from the real issue, that being, a means to possibly mitigate the harm done by gun violence. That you don't give a damn about the harm done to others, and object to any effort to mitigate that harm is why you're on of the Callous Conservatives.

Some of the dumbest people posting on this message board are the most insistent in their belief the Second Amendment is sacrosanct. It is only so because the Supreme Court has made some rather foolish decisions, see Heller, once again a one vote swing would have made all the difference.

Still no answer to the question: "What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?"

I didn't ask if there are any restrictions at all on speech, I asked if we can limit it to people that government grants a license to. Government doesn't charge a tax and get to approve who gets free speech and track who they are as you want with guns.

Still no answer to the question: "What about freedom of speech, can we limit that to people who get a license?"

I didn't ask if there are any restrictions at all on speech, I asked if we can limit it to people that government grants a license to. Government doesn't charge a tax and get to approve who gets free speech and track who they are as you want with guns.

They won't answer that question....I have put it to them before as well....why let people post on the internet without getting a permit....or requiring them to pay insurance in case they slander someone on the internet....or require them to take mandatory legal classes before they can write books or post on the internet.......

Eventually a million moms and dads will rise up and say "Enough"! Maybe not today, but eventually sanity will replace insanity, and gun control in some unknown and currently unknowable iteration will prevail.
What is your plan for keeping guns out of the hands of people who don't obey laws?

How will it work?

He hasn't answer to the question, but the thread is only 114 pages, he's probably still working on the plan.

Forum List

Back