Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Is Lonestar's logic common among gun nuts? Do they need a weapon to go outside, to a movie or the Supermarket? Are they all that cowardly?

I have a gun collection, but I actually don't carry a gun. I live in safe areas and I don't feel the need. Then again, one of those safe areas was where my kids grew up, Brookfield, Connecticut. Which is 10 minutes from ... Sandy Hook. I also am a Virginia Tech alum. The world isn't as safe as you think...

The world isn't as dangerous as you want us to believe. My experience as a LE Officer for over 30 years suggests to me you are a fear monger. I collect tickets from sporting events around our nation I've attended with my kids.

I personally don't cater to business that doesn't allow concealed or open carry firearms. I value my life more than anything they have to offer.

Living in Texas seems foolish, if you are that scared of other Texans.

Believe what you want. But I would rather be armed when some left wing loon decides to start shooting innocent people. Idiots that think like you is why so many people perish.

Idiot think? Odd comment.

What's not odd is you misrepresenting what I said.

LOL, no sense and no sense of humor. Not unexpected.

Is Lonestar's logic common among gun nuts? Do they need a weapon to go outside, to a movie or the Supermarket? Are they all that cowardly?

So defending yourself with a firearm is cowardly?

It appears you are stuck on stupid.

I've yet to experience a need to defend myself when surrounded by produce.

Then don't shop in Sunnyside or the third ward where residents have a 1 in 11 chance of becoming a victim of crime in one year.

There is pretty much no place in this country you would have felt safer than an elementary school in Sandy Hook. I looked at houses all over that area, including Newtown where Sandy Hook is before buying in the next town of Brookfield. How'd that work out for you guaranteeing there were no guns available? Odd how the shooter didn't follow that rule

I personally don't cater to business that doesn't allow concealed or open carry firearms. I value my life more than anything they have to offer.

Living in Texas seems foolish, if you are that scared of other Texans.

Believe what you want. But I would rather be armed when some left wing loon decides to start shooting innocent people. Idiots that think like you is why so many people perish.

Idiot think? Odd comment.

What's not odd is you misrepresenting what I said.

LOL, no sense and no sense of humor. Not unexpected.

I don't find your stupidity at all humorous and it should be expected.

I have a gun collection, but I actually don't carry a gun. I live in safe areas and I don't feel the need. Then again, one of those safe areas was where my kids grew up, Brookfield, Connecticut. Which is 10 minutes from ... Sandy Hook. I also am a Virginia Tech alum. The world isn't as safe as you think...

The world isn't as dangerous as you want us to believe. My experience as a LE Officer for over 30 years suggests to me you are a fear monger. I collect tickets from sporting events around our nation I've attended with my kids.

Am I? My kids grew up 10 minutes from Sandy Hook, I am a Virginia Tech alum and I worked across the street from the World Trade Center.

Also, here's the thing with being a fear mongerer, I am not mongering any fear. I'm just saying we should have the right to defend ourselves

The world isn't as dangerous as you want us to believe.
:lol:
Yes... the threat of gun violence is so bad that we must further limit the rights of the law-abiding, but not so bad that the law abiding have any legitimate need to carry a gun.

Then don't shop in Sunnyside or the third ward where residents have a 1 in 11 chance of becoming a victim of crime in one year.

Okay, I won't. And I wouldn't if I was carrying a firearm, common sense includes having an ideas of one's surroundings. In my career I saw the consequences or read reports where someone ignored such warnings or their own sense of security because they carried a gun, and bad things happened.

Yes... the threat of gun violence is so bad that we must further limit the rights of the law-abiding, but not so bad that the law abiding have any legitimate need to carry a gun.

That's classic, isn't it? Guns aren't a problem in this country clearly, Wry is all over it

Straw Man ^^^. Your words, not mine.

Okay, I won't. And I wouldn't if I was carrying a firearm, common sense includes having an ideas of one's surroundings. In my career I saw the consequences or read reports where someone ignored such warnings or their own sense of security because they carried a gun, and bad things happened.

I thought you were hyperventilating wanting to know why violence is such an issue here while it's not in other countries. now we have nothing to worry about? It's actually not a problem?

I'd like to know how you're aware of you're surroundings so you know when a whack job is about to come in and start shooting up the place. Do you detect a whack job aura? You're sitting in a class at Virginia Tech and suddenly your surroundings tell you someone is about to come in and start shooting up your classroom? You're the whack job

Right, which is why he didn't use quote marks, they weren't your words, they are a paraphrase. Seriously, liberals need to go back to High School and learn the English language.

Clearly as a paraphrase though that is exactly what you are arguing, we are a violent country, but we don't need to carry guns to protect ourselves, that is paranoid

That's classic, isn't it? Guns aren't a problem in this country clearly, Wry is all over it

Kaz and M14 need to get together and share their love for their guns.

Where's the strawman?
-You believe the threat of gun violence is so bad that we must further limit the rights of the law-abiding
-You do not believe the law abiding have any legitimate need to carry a gun.
So... where?

Now that's a strawman, you're getting the hang of it now. I love liberty, a gun is just a tool. So when you cut your grass, does that mean you're in love with your lawn mower? Or you just want your grass cut? If you're not in love with your lawn mower, does that mean you can't cut your grass?

Says the anti-gun loon, only able to argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Right, which is why he didn't use quote marks, they weren't your words, they are a paraphrase. Seriously, liberals need to go back to High School and learn the English language.

Clearly as a paraphrase though that is exactly what you are arguing, we are a violent country, but we don't need to carry guns to protect ourselves, that is paranoid

Gee, thanks so much for telling me what I think and what I mean. Your executive summary has much more to do with your selective and biased hearing than anything I might have written.

We are a violent country and guns are one reason why we are so.

Now that's a strawman, you're getting the hang of it now. I love liberty, a gun is just a tool. So when you cut your grass, does that mean you're in love with your lawn mower? Or you just want your grass cut? If you're not in love with your lawn mower, does that mean you can't cut your grass?

Let me help (of course I'm not sure you can read and comprehend, but what the hell):

Straw Man Argument: A subtype of the red herring, this fallacy includes any lame attempt to "prove" an argument by overstating, exaggerating, or over-simplifying the arguments of the opposing side. Such an approach is building a straw man argument. The name comes from the idea of a boxer or fighter who meticulously fashions a false opponent out of straw, like a scarecrow, and then easily knocks it over in the ring before his admiring audience. His "victory" is a hollow mockery, of course, because the straw-stuffed opponent is incapable of fighting back. When a writer makes a cartoon-like caricature of the opposing argument, ignoring the real or subtle points of contention, and then proceeds to knock down each "fake" point one-by-one, he has created a straw man argument.

Shouldn't that be the decision of the individual?

I thought you were hyperventilating wanting to know why violence is such an issue here while it's not in other countries. now we have nothing to worry about? It's actually not a problem?

I'd like to know how you're aware of you're surroundings so you know when a whack job is about to come in and start shooting up the place. Do you detect a whack job aura? You're sitting in a class at Virginia Tech and suddenly your surroundings tell you someone is about to come in and start shooting up your classroom? You're the whack job

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

What's the chances of you getting a flat tire on your car? Do you carry a spare?

What's the chances of you getting into an accident? Do you have auto insurance?

Forum List

Back