Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

I'm a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter, but i also realize we do have problems. I mean, i just read about the kid who shot up his school recently. He left a note stating he wanted to be buried in his camo. His father used to dress him up in camo and taught him to enjoy killing and maiming. He was later arrested for illegally acquiring the firearm his son used in the massacre.

It's a culture problem. The kid was raised on violence. His father was a typical gun-obsessed asshole. He taught his child violence. We have to change our culture. We have to become less violent. We have to stop teaching children violence. Maybe stop handing children guns and teaching them how to kill and maim. I know that upsets hunters especially, but it is time to reconsider handing their children guns. We live in a very different time.

What's different? Men have taught their children how to hunt and obtain food for centuries; now it's a problem?

It's the same mentality that gets liberals to cry about violence on television. We've always had violence on television. Watch an episode or two of the Three Stooges or Gunsmoke sometime. Why was it not a problem when I was a chid?

The issue....single teenage mothers raising children....who have children who have children with no adult men or women modeling mature adult behavior.....do that generation after generation and you have what you have now in the democrat inner cities......

That is the gun culture that is the problem...everywhere else in this country guns are not a problem.

And that is why children in the past could watch the 3 stooges and play Army and then..not go to their school and shoot their classmates, or drive down their block at 15 and shoot other kids from different gangs......

We do have a culture problem. We should stop handing children guns and promoting violence. When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they want to acquire a firearm.

Kids in the hood are not handed guns from their parents. If they have guns, they get them from their friends. The streets are loaded with hot weapons.

The real problem is that these kids that get the guns have no idea what they have in their hands. About five years ago, some 11 year old girl was shot to death by a 13 year old boy a few houses down from me. He got his hands on a gun and had no idea if the weapon was loaded or not. In fun, he pulled the trigger while aiming the gun at her.

Drive by shootings are common in cities like mine. Because the shooter has very limited (if any) experience with a gun, they don't realize that where you aim is not always where the bullet goes, and they end up killing innocent people on the sidewalk or even in their homes. They have no idea what downrange is or means.

Let's not hand children firearms period. Let's start there.
Look! Kids are going to be exposed to guns sooner or later. Why not supervise them when they first come in contact? Did you give your kid a bicycle and just turn him loose?

What's different? Men have taught their children how to hunt and obtain food for centuries; now it's a problem?

It's the same mentality that gets liberals to cry about violence on television. We've always had violence on television. Watch an episode or two of the Three Stooges or Gunsmoke sometime. Why was it not a problem when I was a chid?

The issue....single teenage mothers raising children....who have children who have children with no adult men or women modeling mature adult behavior.....do that generation after generation and you have what you have now in the democrat inner cities......

That is the gun culture that is the problem...everywhere else in this country guns are not a problem.

And that is why children in the past could watch the 3 stooges and play Army and then..not go to their school and shoot their classmates, or drive down their block at 15 and shoot other kids from different gangs......

We do have a culture problem. We should stop handing children guns and promoting violence. When they become adults, they can decide whether or not they want to acquire a firearm.

The culture problem we have is in our inner cities....most of the 8,454 deaths happen because of career criminals located in small, multi block areas in these cities......focus on that and 90% of gun murder will be stopped.

It's actually mostly white suburban nutball kids who shoot up schools. How and where did they get their firearms to carry out their massacres?

Usually they steal them.

And here...from Mother Jones........the problem is not mass shootings by suburban kids...the problem is the every day killing in inner cities......but, let's focus on everything but the actual problem...shall we....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 100 deaths by criminals.

How many guns are there in American hands....320 million.

How many people carry guns for self defense...over 12.8 million.

The culture problem we have is in our inner cities....most of the 8,454 deaths happen because of career criminals located in small, multi block areas in these cities......focus on that and 90% of gun murder will be stopped.

It's actually mostly white suburban nutball kids who shoot up schools. How and where did they get their firearms to carry out their massacres?

You do realize that those are the least number of gun murders right? That the most gun murders are by criminals in gangs in inner cities.......and that kids shooting up schools is tiny compared to the killing every day in these small, multi block areas in gang infested territory. But let's focus on the non problem and ignore the real problem......

The most heinous gun massacres have been carried out by gun-crazed white people for the most part. Most, if not all of the awful school shootings were carried out by white suburban nutball kids. But i'll ask again, how and where did they get their firearms to carry out their massacres?

You do realize that those are the least number of gun murders right? That the most gun murders are by criminals in gangs in inner cities.......and that kids shooting up schools is tiny compared to the killing every day in these small, multi block areas in gang infested territory. But let's focus on the non problem and ignore the real problem......

The most heinous gun massacres have been carried out by gun-crazed white people for the most part. Most, if not all of the awful school shootings were carried out by white suburban nutball kids. But i'll ask again, how and where did they get their firearms to carry out their massacres?

Yeah...again....mass shooting deaths each year....under 100.........what accounts for the other 8,354 murders? Gangs in cities and other criminals.......

Usually they steal them.

Or their dumb parents gave em to them.

We don't teach children how to kill and maim with guns...Some teach their children how to provide food with their guns, and others teach children how to responsibly use guns, and others teach them how to use guns for self defense.....

Then, in democrat controlled cities, in single mother headed households, where a teenage girl raised by a teenage girl raised by a teenage girl has male children whose only adult male role models will be sociapaths in gangs....

That is the culture you need to change.....the others are just fine.

I'm not coming down on hunters only. Kids are being taught violence in general. But it is time for hunters to reconsider handing their children guns. Teaching them to kill and maim seems unnecessary nowadays.

Maybe when they become adults, you hand em a gun and teach them about hunting. But not when they're children. Society's already bombarding them enough with violence. Handing them a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi, is an ugly violent act. It's not necessary. Time to change our ways. No more promoting violence to children.

Teaching children where food comes from is not wrong. Teaching them to provide for themselves is not wrong either......Why do you focus on normal people......put more effort into the democrat inner cities where they have gang breeding grounds and where you actually have real violence......every day.....

You can do those things without handing a child a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi. And like i said, i'm not coming down on hunters only. But hunters do hand children guns and teach them violence. It is what it is.

I think it's fine to teach them about hunting when they become adults. But handing them firearms so early in life just seems unwise and unnecessary. We live in very different times. We have to accept that.
Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
Everything above the eyes was gone. I saw optic nerves and half a brain.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.
Growing up, there was always a rifle or shotgun by the back door. We shot food.

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.
Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

Yeah....mass shootings are not the problem.....they are rare and kill very few people...it is the daily shootings by gang members in inner cities that kill the most people...but of course that would mean dealing with unpleasant things, like the fact that the shooters are mostly blacks killing other blacks....but back to the suburban kids....yeah, they are the problem....

And here...from Mother Jones........the problem is not mass shootings by suburban kids...the problem is the every day killing in inner cities......but, let's focus on everything but the actual problem...shall we....

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 100 deaths by criminals.

Yeah...again....mass shooting deaths each year....under 100.........what accounts for the other 8,354 murders? Gangs in cities and other criminals.......

What have we learned in all this?...

DON'T GIVE YOUR BLEEPIN KIDS GUNS!!!!!!!

Class dismissed.

I'm not coming down on hunters only. Kids are being taught violence in general. But it is time for hunters to reconsider handing their children guns. Teaching them to kill and maim seems unnecessary nowadays.

Maybe when they become adults, you hand em a gun and teach them about hunting. But not when they're children. Society's already bombarding them enough with violence. Handing them a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi, is an ugly violent act. It's not necessary. Time to change our ways. No more promoting violence to children.

Teaching children where food comes from is not wrong. Teaching them to provide for themselves is not wrong either......Why do you focus on normal people......put more effort into the democrat inner cities where they have gang breeding grounds and where you actually have real violence......every day.....

You can do those things without handing a child a gun and teaching em to kill and maim Bambi. And like i said, i'm not coming down on hunters only. But hunters do hand children guns and teach them violence. It is what it is.

I think it's fine to teach them about hunting when they become adults. But handing them firearms so early in life just seems unwise and unnecessary. We live in very different times. We have to accept that.
Bambi is FOOD, dammit. I was taught gun safety and use, starting when I was 8 years old. I started hunting at 12.... got my first deer at 14. I've never shot a man not robbed a convenience store.
One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when my father showed me a deer he had shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug.
I was 7 if I remember correctly. I learned the power of weapons and the reality of death. Real life was nothing like the westerns I watched on TV.

Killing and maiming Bambi is unwise and unnecessary nowadays. It only serves to teach the child ugly brutal violence. I'm fine with teaching them about hunting when they're adults. But for God's sake, stop handing guns to children.
Why is it unwise? I happen to like venison. It is necessary that I shoot a deer in order for me to eat venison.
Ugly brutal violence is all around us AND our kids. Guns don't cause violence. Violent people cause violence.
Toss violent people in prison for life for all I care but leave people who engage in a legal hobby and exercise their God given rights the fuck alone

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.

Usually they steal them.

Really? Which mass shooting involved a parent giving the child a gun?

You're an adult, so go hunting. I'm talking about children. Wait till they're adults before handing them a firearm.

depends really

Yeah....mass shootings are not the problem.....they are rare and kill very few people...it is the daily shootings by gang members in inner cities that kill the most people...but of course that would mean dealing with unpleasant things, like the fact that the shooters are mostly blacks killing other blacks....but back to the suburban kids....yeah, they are the problem....

Sooooo....

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19

How many children in America die from guns? Answer is, too many. Keep firearms away from them. Period, end of story.

Did you wait until your kids were adults before you taught then to swim? Let them ride a bike?

Usually they steal them.

Really? Which mass shooting involved a parent giving the child a gun?

In most of the cases, the parents were the one's responsible for the child being exposed to the guns that were used in the massacres. If not the parents, some other adult was involved.

We need to change our approach to firearms completely. No more just handing a child a gun. I don't care if it's about hunting or not. Teach them hunting when they're adults.

depends really

It shouldn't. Just wait till they're adults. Let them make their own decision on acquiring firearms.

Forum List

Back