Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

There is nothing "liberal" about authoritarianism. They're polar opposites.

I didn't "chastize" you -- I corrected you. When I chastize you, you'll know it. :eek:

You said "know the difference." I do, but again, calling people liberal who call themselves liberal isn't not knowing the difference.

I guess I missed your examples thereof, but then I just got here.
In any case, continuing a fallacious definition when you know it to be fallacious isn't exactly the smartest plan, is it?

Then again, using terms that no one knows what you're talking about during discussions seems like a dubious solution. And constantly defining them so they know what you mean every time you make a point would be tiresome. I'm a libertarian, but saying I'm a liberal constantly because I'm a true liberal and the ones who aren't but call themselves that just won't get what I'm saying. In the end, writing is about communications. Communicating accurately with the knowledge it won't be understood is still poor communications. I call the right conservatives in discussions even though I don't consider most of them true conservatives either. Jumping into everyone's business and government owning our bodies isn't what I consider conservative anyway.

Last edited:
[

Japan is a sick culture.

Some people need to study it first before they hold it up as an example.

And no, I'm not talking about the Shoguns or the WWII Imperialists, I'm talking right now.

They're a fucked up culture.

Think "I'd Rather Eat Chocolate" but ten times worse. More like a 100 times worse

Coupled with their love of sadism and pedophilia..... :dunno:

Just sayin'

Actually, the Japanese are Awesome and their women are Sexy as hell.

And they don't go around murdering each other with glee like we do.

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
Eliminate the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and transportation of any and all guns fitted with a semi-automatic firing system and is capable of holding a magazine or clip.

Only shot guns, bolt action rifles and revolvers.

In short, make guns less lethal.

In time, the stock of weapons other than those described will dry up due to misuse and abuse and lack of repair parts. Unless you think gang bangers will employ hordes of gunsmiths. But I doubt that. The only reason they use semi-automatic weapons is their lack of marksmanship. They need multiple rounds fired in rapid order to first hit their intended target and have enough time to flee the scene.

Hunters, target shooters and those concerned with self defense would be satisfied to hole the same type of weapons which served those purposes for decades. The gun makers created a monster when they flooded our streets with cheap rapid fire weapons. Blame them.

We know that there will always be those intent on inflicting gun violence on society. The assault weapon with its rapid fire and high capacity magazine has put the 'mass' into "mass shooting". Sportsmen have used shot guns and bolt action rifles for decades. Then suddenly they "need" rapid fire? Really? Have game animals developed some kind of bullet resistance, or has the lust for the sexy gun made the "need" for rapid fire the flavor of the month?

Now suppose you address the part about why kids at any high school can get pot and this is going to work?

So when planes with drugs fly in from Columbia, think guns could come in the same way? Say even on the same planes?
Flying in something as bulky as pot makes no sense when one considers that most of that pot isn't imported, but domestically grown.

And what a new twist on the old red herrings that most gun lovers throw out there! Pot!

[

Japan is a sick culture.

And no, I'm not talking about the Shoguns or the WWII Imperialists, I'm talking right now.

Think "I'd Rather Eat Chocolate" but ten times worse. More like a 100 times worse

Just sayin'

Then move there, bitch.

Eliminate the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution and transportation of any and all guns fitted with a semi-automatic firing system and is capable of holding a magazine or clip.

In time, the stock of weapons other than those described will dry up due to misuse and abuse and lack of repair parts. Unless you think gang bangers will employ hordes of gunsmiths. But I doubt that. The only reason they use semi-automatic weapons is their lack of marksmanship. They need multiple rounds fired in rapid order to first hit their intended target and have enough time to flee the scene.

Hunters, target shooters and those concerned with self defense would be satisfied to hole the same type of weapons which served those purposes for decades. The gun makers created a monster when they flooded our streets with cheap rapid fire weapons. Blame them.

We know that there will always be those intent on inflicting gun violence on society. The assault weapon with its rapid fire and high capacity magazine has put the 'mass' into "mass shooting". Sportsmen have used shot guns and bolt action rifles for decades. Then suddenly they "need" rapid fire? Really? Have game animals developed some kind of bullet resistance, or has the lust for the sexy gun made the "need" for rapid fire the flavor of the month?

Now suppose you address the part about why kids at any high school can get pot and this is going to work?

So when planes with drugs fly in from Columbia, think guns could come in the same way? Say even on the same planes?
Flying in something as bulky as pot makes no sense when one considers that most of that pot isn't imported, but domestically grown.

And what a new twist on the old red herrings that most gun lovers throw out there! Pot!

Uhhh, genius...

Pot is a perishable commodity.

Guns are not. There's already enough here to arm 10 Revolutions.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Pot sells for $1000-1500 per pound. So assume even a little cessna with one pilot carry 500 lbs, that equates to minimum of $500,000 for one flight. Now we are not even talking coke or heroin, which are far more expense, and thus far more profitable.

Pot sells for $1000-1500 per pound. So assume even a little cessna with one pilot carry 500 lbs, that equates to minimum of $500,000 for one flight. Now we are not even talking coke or heroin, which are far more expense, and thus far more profitable.

Well..... Not so sure about your figures but...

Why bother with all that? Just buy it from the illegals back-packing it in from Mexico.

If they get caught, all the gubmint does is deport them.

If YOU get caught, it's bye-bye for twenty years.

Or start a grow-house. Just be careful to watch your electric bills. Big time tip off to the Law. :)

[

Japan is a sick culture.

Just sayin'

Then move there, bitch.

Why?

Frankly, I want to fix this country.

The way to do that is to slap down the religous nuts, the gun nuts and the greedy assholes pulling your strings.

Why bother with all that? Just buy it from the illegals back-packing it in from Mexico.

Or start a grow-house. Just be careful to watch your electric bills. Big time tip off to the Law. :)

The point is that if something has value it will be brought in, no matter how illegal it is.

So even if you ban all guns and somehow magically get rid of all the ones outside of government control, criminals will still want them (and some formerly law abiding people as well) and will pay top dollar for them. Instead of drug planes you will have gun planes.

This also doesnt include the homegrown industries that will spring up overnight to machine new guns and ammo.

[

Japan is a sick culture.

Just sayin'

No, they are just under-reproducing themselves into extinction.

Actually, you'll never have enough firepower to stop the government.

Are you an agent of the Government? There are over 80 million gun owners in the US. We only have a military of about 1.5 million men and women. You do the math, wiseass.

I have.

There are 80 million gun owners, most of who don't know what the fuck they are doing and have no business owning a gun to start with.

But you see, that's the problem. We have a gun industry that really thinks that a "Well-Regulated Militia" is Nancy Lanza prepping for the Zombie Apocolypse and taking her crazy son to the shooting range.

Guns kill people, not zombies. :cuckoo:

i dont know if they still do but back in the day

they used to find cessnas in the desert that took one way trips across the border

hauling weed and such

Then move there, bitch.

Why?

Frankly, I want to fix this country.

The way to do that is to slap down the religous nuts, the gun nuts and the greedy assholes pulling your strings.

I'd prefer you go fix Japan.

In fact, I bet I could get contributions for your Air Fare from most of the members of the Board if you denounced your American Citizenship and moved there.

You hate America anyway. Just move, bitch.

Your ancestors did.

Or were they shipped here in the hold of a cargo ship as criminals in chains in the 17th/18th Century?

Likely.

Or maybe they were fighting other hapless DPs trying to board a ship in some God-Forsaken harbor around the turn of the 20th Century. You know, running from some FUCKED up place in Europe..... The other place you like to compare us to and tell us how inferior we are to them.

Just fucking leave.

The point is that if something has value it will be brought in, no matter how illegal it is.

So even if you ban all guns and somehow magically get rid of all the ones outside of government control, criminals will still want them (and some formerly law abiding people as well) and will pay top dollar for them. Instead of drug planes you will have gun planes.

This also doesnt include the homegrown industries that will spring up overnight to machine new guns and ammo.

The worst mass-murders in American History didn't involve guns.

If people want to commit murder on a mass scale, they can and there is nothing you can do about it.

I can go into your Home, look under your Kitchen sink and find the ingredients to murder people with.

If I wanted to.... Which I don't.

Guns are just a weapon of opportunity.

dimocraps don't want a debate on this, they want confiscation.

Learn it, remember it.... NEVER trust a dimocrap.

never

If Ford were found to specifically be marketting their cars to the drunk driving community, ummmm, yeah. they should.

This is EXACTLY what the NRA and the Gun Manufacturers do. They market to the crazies and the criminal elements SPECIFICALLY so that other people are scared into buying their product.

Now, I should also point out that Bars ARE held liable if they overserve a patron and he goes out and runs down a bunch of nuns and orphans.

That's a flat out lie. Show me advertising targeted at people with mental health issues or people that have a history of violence.

173265_v4.jpg

And you know this is targeted specifically at people with mental issues and/or a documented history of violence how exactly? That isn't advertising from a manufaturer. Someone just photoshpped it together. A company that sells guns is going to forget to put on their advertising who makes the gun pictured? Where did this 'advertising' appear?

Seeing as this probably photoshopped and I imagine you know that, makes you look pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Are you serious? You want Dumbcorats to have a plan? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The Dumbocrats haven't had an idea since they first formed in the late 1800's with the "idea": LET'S HAVE GOVERNMENT CONTROL IT!

That's been their ONLY "idea" in their 100+ years of existence...:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem"

- Joe Rogan

Society has long taxed behavior it sees as damaging and encouraged behavior it sees as beneficial.

Sorry you disagree with what I perceive as one or the other. I tend to think of body counts in the thousands as bad things and you do not...but there is NO danger of anything I'm proposing getting passed in this day and age.

Relax.

On the contrary. It is YOU who does not think about the body counts. Outlawing guns is not the logical response of someone who is concerned with that. The logical response would be to look at the root causes of violence, not focus solely on the object with which violence is carried out. You would also to a better job of priortizing these things that supposedly cause death. Guns are pretty low on the list of inanimate objects involved in injury and death in the U.S. Cars are significantly above guns in that respect. Why is it you are not motivated to ban those. To use your own words and simply changing a noun; The harder you make it to own a car, the fewer of them there will be and less death and injury as a result.

Great, lets ban cars too. Oh wait, the TT&L is unconstitutional since it prevents poor people from buying them.

This is how goofy the argument has gotten in the "defense" of life-robbing weapons.

Cars, at least in most states, have to have liability insurance which, at least holds the drivers somewhat financially responsible for their WMDs. Will you agree that there should be the same stipulation for gun owners and their WMDs then--if you're going to hold on to this analogy?

There's nothing goofy about it. Guns are inanimate objects. Cars are inanimate objects. In the case of both if used by a person irresponsibly or malicioulsy they can and are involved in injury and death. The differences are their physical forms. My analogy needs know further defense. Yours does given the similarities between the two objects.

Your end goal is no more guns, believing the fewer of them there are the less death and injury the can cause. To do so you have proposed extreme measures such as heay taxation and regulation and attach negative stigma to gun owners. For your argurment to have validity it requires you apply the same standards to other objects that have the capacity to be involved in signigicant injury and death. Like cars which are involved in more injuries and death. What I'm trying to do here is show you how irrational your perception of guns is. You see them as devices that cause only injury and death. Yet you don't see other objects that cause even more injury and death the same way. You aren't proposing heavy taxation of cars or that a negative stigma be attached to people that own them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back