Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

You know what none of those do? Tell us how you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. All you're proposing is limiting our ability to defend ourselves. Criminals love these laws, it makes them a lot safer

You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.
Thanks for conceding defeat.
Your argument is proven ineffective and you go to the personal attack.

Stating a fact [You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.] isn't a personal attack, it's an observation based on your mendacity and lack our comprehension.

Stop lying, and - if you can - think about my posts. Misrepresentation is dishonest and is used by those incapable of writing a substantive rebuttal.
Thanks again, loser. You've proposed licensing and registration a couple dozen times but never once proven that this would be effective. When challenged, you resort to ad hom attacks. You've got NOTHING.

In most states, CCW holders have to have a license. I got mine. I just don't know if it ever helped anybody for any reason. It certainly didn't stop murderers.

When considering unfalsifiable claims, Bertrand Russell used an analogy of a celestial teapot. If a teapot was drifting in space between the Earth and Mars (making it unobservable), he claimed it would be unreasonable to expect belief of the teapot based on their inability to disprove the teapots existence. He compared the belief in God to the belief in a celestial teapot; in both cases it is not the responsibility of disbelievers to disprove its existence.

See: Russell's Teapot

I've never claimed a license of any sort is a panacea, for gun violence or speeding on a public roadway. It is one idea with a specific goal, to mitigate the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them.

Last edited:
:lmao:

So that was your plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Seriously? Prove you wrong? Can't make up the stupid that you actually are. And it doesn't even need to work, just "reduce" the guns in the hands of criminals. One gun denied and you win. In your mind. That's classic.

OK, here is my proof it doesn't work. The Washington Navy Yard, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine, our inner cities, drug lords. Seriously, you think licensing is working? When victims can't defend themselves and shooters run straight to gun free zones where you ensure their safety, at least until they get an acceptable body count?

There are millions of guns in this country and when you have 100 people in a sandy hook elementary school your plan is rather than allowing any of them to be armed, you're going to try to keep the millions of guns away from the nut bag. And your plan, Prove me wrong! How'd that work out for you?

I just had another thought. Kids can buy all the pot they want, even when it's outright illegal. How would you ever prevent criminals from getting any of the millions of guns in this country or the millions more outside the country when you also fight to keep the borders open and anyone who wants flowing freely into this country so they can vote for Democrats.

You're a deep shade of stupid.

Fuck you!

"See how easy it is to post a personal attack, two words. That you need paragraphs shows just how fucking incompetent you are.

I've offered a hypothesis, the only way to prove it won't work is to try it. All the crap posted by the four Stooges haven't proved anything beyond their collective incompetence.

It has been tried here in Illinois....it is called the Firearm Owners Identification Card...I have one, you need to show it whenever you buy a gun or buy ammo.......every single time.....you have to show it to go on a shooting range as well....

How is the FOID card working in Chicago...is it keeping the gun murder rate down there?

So dumb. Um, if Joe sells a gun to Jim does Jim need to show his card to Joe? Is the sale reported to a state or local agency? If not, your point is laughable.

You have to keep a record of the sale dipshit......and if you think that the guns the gangs are using in chicago are coming from Joe Citizen selling his hunting rifle you are as stupid as you post.
Impossible!

Cool, Ernie can learn. He can personally attack a person in one word. Concise but not nearly a rebuttal.

So where do the guns in Chitown originate? Are they bought legally, stolen, purchased in the parking lot at gun shows? Tell me, I want to know.

If you don't, doesn't that cry out for registration?

FIRST, define the problem: How do Criminals get Guns?

Then seek a solution.

Maybe the gun lovers above don't want a solution? Some because in their wet dreams, they can one day be a hero and stop a bad guy with gun; and, some who simply profit from the sale of guns to any buyer with cash.

I doubt any of them today really believe they could take on a modern military, let alone ours.

You know what none of those do? Tell us how you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. All you're proposing is limiting our ability to defend ourselves. Criminals love these laws, it makes them a lot safer

Stating a fact [You're either stupid, or a damn liar. I suspect both.] isn't a personal attack, it's an observation based on your mendacity and lack our comprehension.

Stop lying, and - if you can - think about my posts. Misrepresentation is dishonest and is used by those incapable of writing a substantive rebuttal.
Thanks again, loser. You've proposed licensing and registration a couple dozen times but never once proven that this would be effective. When challenged, you resort to ad hom attacks. You've got NOTHING.

Please post the post wherein I proposed registration. On another thread I posited guns needed to be insured in case of theft and registered with an insurance company, not a government agency, so that if stolen, they could be traced back to the source. Laws can prevent the governemnt from accessing such a registration shielding the number and type of firearms from the government.

In fact I have no problem with registering my gun, why do you? Paranoid?

Give some examples of murders that would have prevented

Then seek a solution.

Maybe the gun lovers above don't want a solution? Some because in their wet dreams, they can one day be a hero and stop a bad guy with gun; and, some who simply profit from the sale of guns to any buyer with cash.

I doubt any of them today really believe they could take on a modern military, let alone ours.

What a stupid ass. Yes, moron, we want criminals to have guns. You caught us. What an idiot

Fuck you!

"See how easy it is to post a personal attack, two words. That you need paragraphs shows just how fucking incompetent you are.

I've offered a hypothesis, the only way to prove it won't work is to try it. All the crap posted by the four Stooges haven't proved anything beyond their collective incompetence.

It has been tried here in Illinois....it is called the Firearm Owners Identification Card...I have one, you need to show it whenever you buy a gun or buy ammo.......every single time.....you have to show it to go on a shooting range as well....

How is the FOID card working in Chicago...is it keeping the gun murder rate down there?

So dumb. Um, if Joe sells a gun to Jim does Jim need to show his card to Joe? Is the sale reported to a state or local agency? If not, your point is laughable.

You have to keep a record of the sale dipshit......and if you think that the guns the gangs are using in chicago are coming from Joe Citizen selling his hunting rifle you are as stupid as you post.
Impossible!

Cool, Ernie can learn. He can personally attack a person in one word. Concise but not nearly a rebuttal.

So where do the guns in Chitown originate? Are they bought legally, stolen, purchased in the parking lot at gun shows? Tell me, I want to know.

You "personally attack" people all the time. My favorite whine is that one from people like you. I don't whine that you criticize me

Please post the post wherein I proposed registration. On another thread I posited guns needed to be insured in case of theft and registered with an insurance company, not a government agency, so that if stolen, they could be traced back to the source. Laws can prevent the governemnt from accessing such a registration shielding the number and type of firearms from the government.

A very STUPID question!

Impossible!

You "personally attack" people all the time. My favorite whine is that one from people like you. I don't whine that you criticize me

You are an asshole and a liar. Why make that up without evidence? I respond to many other posters, I save the very personal and very true attacks to mendacious assholes.

You don't like it, stop whining about it and debate the issue civilly and honestly.

Then seek a solution.

What a stupid ass. Yes, moron, we want criminals to have guns. You caught us. What an idiot

"maybe" is the word I used. I do believe some gun owners (Zimmerman is a good example) seek out situations in their mind wherein they stop a bad guy with their gun. I also believe possessing a gun is much like having a couple of drinks, it can cloud one's judgment.

Licensing would in effect register a weapon, would it not?
I buy a license to purchase a pistol, government knows I own a pistol.

Sorry I suppose laws can be written to shield registration lists, but those laws can be modified and the list is there
Hell, there are laws making it improper to conduct government business via non-government email accounts. There are rules against using the IRS to impede your political rivals. There are laws prohibiting the sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels.
I should trust government after the last 6.5 years?
So yes. I have a problem registering my weapons that are currently not on any government list.

In most states, CCW holders have to have a license. I got mine. I just don't know if it ever helped anybody for any reason. It certainly didn't stop murderers.

When considering unfalsifiable claims, Bertrand Russell used an analogy of a celestial teapot. If a teapot was drifting in space between the Earth and Mars (making it unobservable), he claimed it would be unreasonable to expect belief of the teapot based on their inability to disprove the teapots existence. He compared the belief in God to the belief in a celestial teapot; in both cases it is not the responsibility of disbelievers to disprove its existence.

See: Russell's Teapot

I've never claimed a license of any sort is a panacea, for gun violence or speeding on a public roadway. It is one idea with a specific goal, to mitigate the number of guns in the hands of those who should not have them.
Show evidence of its effectiveness.

Fuck you!

Impossible!

They buy the guns from other criminals or steal them. Would registration prevent that? HOW?

Impossible!

You are an asshole and a liar. Why make that up without evidence? I respond to many other posters, I save the very personal and very true attacks to mendacious assholes.

You don't like it, stop whining about it and debate the issue civilly and honestly.
I quote: "You are an asshole and a liar" (and mendacious)

You present no evidence your plan would be effective and you want to debate civilly and honestly.

You one funny dude! Drunk already?

A very STUPID question!

Stupid? What is wrong with you, why are you making proposals then for something you don't think will make any difference? What is wrong with you?

Impossible!

Sorry I made you cry, guy. You make personal attacks all the time, stop whining about it

Then seek a solution.

"maybe" is the word I used. I do believe some gun owners (Zimmerman is a good example) seek out situations in their mind wherein they stop a bad guy with their gun. I also believe possessing a gun is much like having a couple of drinks, it can cloud one's judgment.

Yes, guns emanate evil, they could turn Mother Teresa into Charles Bronson, I feel you

Notice the author of the OP is unable to properly define the problem. Once again:

How do criminals procure guns?
They buy them from criminals. ALREADY a crime, right?

So every gun produced has been purchased by a criminal from a criminal? Or, only criminals have guns? Or a person is not a criminal until he sells a gun without doing a background check?

No guns are ever purchased from a neighbor, in the parking lot of a gun show or in a local bar?

Sorry I suppose laws can be written to shield registration lists, but those laws can be modified and the list is there
Hell, there are laws making it improper to conduct government business via non-government email accounts. There are rules against using the IRS to impede your political rivals. There are laws prohibiting the sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels.
So yes. I have a problem registering my weapons that are currently not on any government list.

Have you read the posts on all of the gun threads. Did you notice how many gun nuts brag about their collection and the new guns they have purchased?

Notice the author of the OP is unable to properly define the problem. Once again:

How do criminals procure guns?
They buy them from criminals. ALREADY a crime, right?

So every gun produced has been purchased by a criminal from a criminal? Or, only criminals have guns? Or a person is not a criminal until he sells a gun without doing a background check?

No guns are ever purchased from a neighbor, in the parking lot of a gun show or in a local bar?

Have you read the posts on all of the gun threads. Did you notice how many gun nuts brag about their collection and the new guns they have purchased?

A recap ^^

Forum List

Back