Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Criminals buy illegal guns now. The vast majority of crimes are committed with illegally obtained guns. It's just a fact and you didn't solve it

Every illegal gun starts out as a legal gun and you can't stop it. No legal guns = no illegal guns either.

auditor0007

So, you keep repeating the canard that if we make guns illegal then:

1) Criminals won't be able to get guns
2) Everyone will be safe because no gun and the criminals won't commit the crimes and we're all safe without guns.

So what's your plan? There are 310 million guns in the US and hundreds millions more in the world. Yet you're going to keep all those out of the hands of criminals? Seriously? What's your plan to accomplish that? 6387 posts so far, and no actual plan from any of the liberals? So what's your plan?
1. Ban possession of all firearms and ammunition Illegal possession carries a $1,000 fine and mandatory 1 year in jail. The fine and jail terms double every year. Five years later it is a $16,000 fine and 16 years in jail.

2. Information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone in illegal possession of a firearm receives a reward equal to the fine on the year of arrest. Rat out someone who has a gun seven years after passage of the law and collect a $64,000 reward. Folks will be lined up around the block of every police station waiting to turn in friends, family and neighbors for that reward money.

3. All persons entering the US are subject to search for guns and ammunition. Conviction carries a mandatory life sentence without parole.

What a glorious and happy land America will be only ten years after this ground-breaking law comes into effect!

Fishy's plan ^ is a Police State for all! Brilliant. UnAmerican as all get-out. But very -- uh -- clever.
Stern enforcement of specific laws doesn't make America a police state. Our suppression attempts in regard to illegal drugs doesn't make us a police state. Similar legal effort to make guns illegal and remove them from American society wouldn't make us a police state either. I respect your strong opposition to my proposal but wild exaggeration isn't effective. Japan has some of the most restrictive gun legislation on the planet but nobody is seriously suggesting that Japan is a police state.
But this is America, not Japan. Millions upon millions have no desire to be anything like Japan…
To be "anything like Japan" is a vague concept. Most Americans know very little about Japan. You don't have to speak Japanese to have an effective gun control. Your statement is illogical.

auditor0007

2) Everyone will be safe because no gun and the criminals won't commit the crimes and we're all safe without guns.

So what's your plan? There are 310 million guns in the US and hundreds millions more in the world. Yet you're going to keep all those out of the hands of criminals? Seriously? What's your plan to accomplish that? 6387 posts so far, and no actual plan from any of the liberals? So what's your plan?
1. Ban possession of all firearms and ammunition Illegal possession carries a $1,000 fine and mandatory 1 year in jail. The fine and jail terms double every year. Five years later it is a $16,000 fine and 16 years in jail.

2. Information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone in illegal possession of a firearm receives a reward equal to the fine on the year of arrest. Rat out someone who has a gun seven years after passage of the law and collect a $64,000 reward. Folks will be lined up around the block of every police station waiting to turn in friends, family and neighbors for that reward money.

3. All persons entering the US are subject to search for guns and ammunition. Conviction carries a mandatory life sentence without parole.

What a glorious and happy land America will be only ten years after this ground-breaking law comes into effect!

Fishy's plan ^ is a Police State for all! Brilliant. UnAmerican as all get-out. But very -- uh -- clever.
Stern enforcement of specific laws doesn't make America a police state. Our suppression attempts in regard to illegal drugs doesn't make us a police state. Similar legal effort to make guns illegal and remove them from American society wouldn't make us a police state either. I respect your strong opposition to my proposal but wild exaggeration isn't effective. Japan has some of the most restrictive gun legislation on the planet but nobody is seriously suggesting that Japan is a police state.

Hey fish douche: You cannot simply pass a law such as the simplistic crap YOU proposed since the Constitution says which laws are unauthorized and the Second amendment still exists.

To accomplish your "goal" first you'd have to repeal the Second amendment.

And confiscation of all guns is the very first step IN a police state. Try to learn something of history someday.

:thup:
Whenever I read one of these insulting, childish posts filled with unsupported generalizations about the Constitution and the history of the world, I know I am dealing with an angry, uneducated gun nut who posts on public forums to express his uncomprehending rage at things he doesn't understand and fears unreasonably. It used to make me sad, now I see it as the intellectual equivalent of gum on the sidewalk. Thanks for showing us your true colors.

auditor0007

But this is America, not Japan. Millions upon millions have no desire to be anything like Japan…
To be "anything like Japan" is a vague concept. Most Americans know very little about Japan. You don't have to speak Japanese to have an effective gun control. Your statement is illogical.

Um ... you brought up Japan to support your point, Holmes. Now you're saying Japan is different?

Criminals buy illegal guns now. The vast majority of crimes are committed with illegally obtained guns. It's just a fact and you didn't solve it

Every illegal gun starts out as a legal gun and you can't stop it. No legal guns = no illegal guns either.

I said "illegally obtained." You didn't refute that. Try again. You realize that's the point of background checks, preventing criminals from getting guns. I didn't find a definitive source, but in searching the Internet, I saw multiple references to that 3% of crimes are committed with guns obtained legally. So, background checks could at most in theory prevent what percent of crimes? Yet that's the whole focus of the left on gun control

And what you said isn't true, they don't always start out as legal guns. In fact many are smuggled over by drug cartels as well.

g5000 says "Mexicans" and other "brown people" are always smuggling drugs and guns over. He seems to have an issue with brown people and Mexicans

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Many shooters are not criminals until they get ahold of a gun......what needs to be done is "keeping guns out of irresponsible people" - like in this case. But most gun nuts think everyone is entitled to a gun, and an AR15 if they so desire. Hope these irresponsible people only kill those in their own families....that seems fair.

Child in back seat gets ‘ahold of gun,’ shoots and kills woman driving car
Your link obviously points to an irresponsible gun owner. Those of us that are responsible would like to see those who's carelessness results in harm to others dealt with harshly.
What you fail to grasp is that I didn't leave a loaded gun on the back seat of that lady's car and infringing my right to own and carry a firearm will not prevent another kid from shooting his mom. However it may prevent me from defending myself or others in my home or business.
You bring up AR 15 as if you know something about guns.... Suppose you tell us what you know about the AR 15

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
auditor0007

Hey fish douche: You cannot simply pass a law such as the simplistic crap YOU proposed since the Constitution says which laws are unauthorized and the Second amendment still exists.

And confiscation of all guns is the very first step IN a police state. Try to learn something of history someday.

Whenever I read one of these insulting, childish posts filled with unsupported generalizations about the Constitution and the history of the world, I know I am dealing with an angry, uneducated gun nut who posts on public forums to express his uncomprehending rage at things he doesn't understand and fears unreasonably. It used to make me sad, now I see it as the intellectual equivalent of gum on the sidewalk. Thanks for showing us your true colors.
Well you certainly showed YOUR true colors there, son.
"Generalizations" about the Constitution? Is the Second Amendment a "generalization? Are you insane as well as ignorant?
Your proposal would require the complete repeal of the second and possibly the 4th as well, but sadly, it wouldn't do very much good other than clog the courts with prosecutions of government manufactured criminals.
Thugs will still have guns. If you remember from kindergarten, bad people do not follow the rules.

auditor0007

Looking to other countries as a "model" of what to do is punching down... In other words it's regressive. Dumbass

Have you noticed that it is impossible for gun fetishists to defend their obsession without spewing childish insults and adopting a pose of condescending superiority? This sort of thing only happens on anonymous bbs. Try it in scholarly print or legal argument and you get laughed off the stage.

The anger comes from a lurking fear that their little tin phalluses are in immanent danger of confiscation, like when Mom took away their B-B guns. The condescension is compensation for deep but justified feelings of inferiority. The inchoate writing style indicates an advocate with a long history of being over-matched going back to sad days in middle school.

It is no wonder that the civilized folk of America chortle at the Dad-blamed gun nuts. They are funny in a pathetic sort of way.

Have you noticed that it is impossible for gun fetishists to defend their obsession without spewing childish insults and adopting a pose of condescending superiority? This sort of thing only happens on anonymous bbs. Try it in scholarly print or legal argument and you get laughed off the stage.

The anger comes from a lurking fear that their little tin phalluses are in immanent danger of confiscation, like when Mom took away their B-B guns. The condescension is compensation for deep but justified feelings of inferiority. The inchoate writing style indicates an advocate with a long history of being over-matched going back to sad days in middle school.

It is no wonder that the civilized folk of America chortle at the Dad-blamed gun nuts. They are funny in a pathetic sort of way.
its-because-im-black-isnt-it1.jpg

Define illegal gun.
Define legal gun.

A gun is a gun.

auditor0007

I don'
auditor0007

LOL.

Wrong. I simply point out the obvious, which is that you are none to bright and you are also wrong. UNLESS you repeal the Second Amendment, your idiotic "plan" cannot work.

And confiscation of guns IS a traditional move by tyrants to make sure the populace is unable to effectively defend itself against his aggression and usurpations.

It is not even open to doubt that you are far less educated than you pretend. Further, I am not angry and not a gun nut. BUT, I do support our Constitution and the right of a free people to have a useful mode of self protection against the imbecility you support.

Try again, ya hapless hopeless dipwad.

It should be patently obvious that those who think we can suddenly be rid of those awful weapons that we call guns do not realize a) how many guns there are in the United States today, b) how easy it is to obtain a gun, c) how many people do not read USMB and the idiotic posts that crop up here every day, d) how utterly futile it is to assume that you can take guns away from anyone other than the candy-ass liberals who think more government is the answer to all that ails us.

Big Government IS THE PROBLEM!...not the solution!

I don'

LOL.

Wrong. I simply point out the obvious, which is that you are none to bright and you are also wrong. UNLESS you repeal the Second Amendment, your idiotic "plan" cannot work.

And confiscation of guns IS a traditional move by tyrants to make sure the populace is unable to effectively defend itself against his aggression and usurpations.

It is not even open to doubt that you are far less educated than you pretend. Further, I am not angry and not a gun nut. BUT, I do support our Constitution and the right of a free people to have a useful mode of self protection against the imbecility you support.

Try again, ya hapless hopeless dipwad.

What you mean to say, or rather what you would say if your brain were not addled by wearing your sister's underpants over your head is "UNLESS the Supreme Court reverses its most recent interpretation of the Second Amendment, your idiotic plan cannot work".

Supreme Court rulings get reversed more often than you think, or possibly in greater numbers than you can count. I cited two famous ones. As for my "plan" being idiotic, well, it was drafted to win the attention of idiots. Based on your garbled fuliminations, I'd say it has exceeded beyond all expectation.

Gun nuts have become a comic trope in American popular culture. Members of the ever-shrinking minority of silly little guys that own guns now owns a dozen guns, drooling over them in the solitary splendor of the bedroom closet. Why does a gun nut need a dozen guns in the closet? For the same reason he needs a dozen girlie magazines under the mattress. One item is never enough for the fetish collector. Stay calm and keep 'em loaded. America needs laughs.

Define illegal gun.
Define legal gun.

A gun is a gun.
Let me guess: you are on Ted Cruz's short list of Supreme Court nominees.

Define illegal immigrant.
Define legal immigrant.

An immigrant is an immigrant.

Tell Mom you think your water should be tested for lead. Seriously.

What is it with you anti gun nuts and fanasizing about penises and guns..........you can't go more than a few posts before you start talking about men's sex organs........you guys need help...fast.

No, it's because you are noisy and smell funny. You can't stop jerking when something comes out of your tiny little barrel.

No, it's because you are noisy and smell funny. You can't stop jerking when something comes out of your tiny little barrel.
washington-hitler.jpg

Define illegal gun.
Define legal gun.

A gun is a gun.

Define legal immigrant.

a guest vs a trespasser.
Not the same thing.

Define illegal gun.
Define legal gun.

A gun is a gun.

Define legal immigrant.

You really can't be as stupid as you look...

Forum List

Back