Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country | News | theguardian.com

England and Wales had 41 gun deaths, compared to the US' 9,146. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Again youu're ignoring the issue. All you care about is guns. You don't seem to care one iota that these countries for some reason have a lot of people mentally prone to violence. Again that's the common denomintor. You asked if we thought something needs to be done about this. I for one said yes and you ignored that.....

Certainly, but focusing on inanimate objects isn't it. Believe it or not in all these mass killing the common denominator is not guns. The common denominator is a sick mind. Why are we not centering the conversation around that? Why are we not trying to figure out how Adam Lanza mentally got to the point where he felt he had to do this? Why are we not talking aobut ways to keep people this dangerous out of society in general? Why aren't we talking about how these people can be involuntarily commited when they pose this much danger to society. That is where the danger to society is coming from. Not from guns. It's coming from people in a dangerous mental state.

To me that you would rather focus on inanimate objects rather than helping people that are obviously in serious need of it, makes YOU the callous person in my book, not those of us who want are rights defended.
So your plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals is to treat them all for mental health issues? :lmao:

No. We establish a policy that keeps guns out of the hands of people with mental issues. That is the common denomintor in all of our mass shootings. They were either severely depressed, bi-polar or schizophrenic. Treating these people by keeping them out of society will go a much longer in reducing gun deaths than the asinine plan of liberals like that we just ban all guns.

So what's not working? Countries with strict regulations have a much lower number of gun deaths. Pretty simple concept actually.

The word isn't "simple" it's "simplistic." What is the point in my addressing that as I've explained over and over about that the US is different than France and you just ignore every point and just repeat this inane one? What about actually addressing the arguments and then we build on it instead of just repeating your point that every country is the same and the same solution will work. Even though as I pointed out we already know it doesn't work here. And all you end up doing is funding organized crime while you ensure that only criminals have guns.

You know what is funny though is how the international leftists like you are always saying about Americans that we don't grasp the world is all like us, then you tell everyone we are all like you...

What doesn't work? You don't say, just deflect.:eusa_eh:

How after all these pages are you not even following the conversation? Strict gun laws don't work. We have lots of them, all they have done is ensure that criminals are the only ones with guns when the shooting starts. The areas with the strictest gun laws have the most murders, Chicago, DC. And drugs are outright illegal and anyone can get them anywhere. BTW, my daughter lives in France, she is offered pot & other drugs all the time. Seems the laws aren't working so well there either.

Also as I pointed out, the Mexican border is wide open. The left demonize anyone who wants to change that. They even want to set up water stations with a guarantee not to detain anyone for people running across the desert so they don't get dehydrated. Seriously. You can't make this up.

Again, what about this confuses you? No matter how many times I tell you these things, you're like what? You don't have a plan. Why won't they work? Do you even read posts you're responding to?

The word isn't "simple" it's "simplistic." What is the point in my addressing that as I've explained over and over about that the US is different than France and you just ignore every point and just repeat this inane one? What about actually addressing the arguments and then we build on it instead of just repeating your point that every country is the same and the same solution will work. Even though as I pointed out we already know it doesn't work here. And all you end up doing is funding organized crime while you ensure that only criminals have guns.

You know what is funny though is how the international leftists like you are always saying about Americans that we don't grasp the world is all like us, then you tell everyone we are all like you...

What doesn't work? You don't say, just deflect.:eusa_eh:

How after all these pages are you not even following the conversation? Strict gun laws don't work. We have lots of them, all they have done is ensure that criminals are the only ones with guns when the shooting starts. The areas with the strictest gun laws have the most murders, Chicago, DC. And drugs are outright illegal and anyone can get them anywhere. BTW, my daughter lives in France, she is offered pot & other drugs all the time. Seems the laws aren't working so well there either.

Also as I pointed out, the Mexican border is wide open. The left demonize anyone who wants to change that. They even want to set up water stations with a guarantee not to detain anyone for people running across the desert so they don't get dehydrated. Seriously. You can't make this up.

Again, what about this confuses you? No matter how many times I tell you these things, you're like what? You don't have a plan. Why won't they work? Do you even read posts you're responding to?
You have strict gun laws. LOL!!!!! Now THAT'S funny! :lol:

And we shouldn't regulate guns and bullets because your daughter gets offered weed in France? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Again youu're ignoring the issue. All you care about is guns. You don't seem to care one iota that these countries for some reason have a lot of people mentally prone to violence. Again that's the common denomintor. You asked if we thought something needs to be done about this. I for one said yes and you ignored that.....

To me that you would rather focus on inanimate objects rather than helping people that are obviously in serious need of it, makes YOU the callous person in my book, not those of us who want are rights defended.
So your plan to keep guns out of the hands of criminals is to treat them all for mental health issues? :lmao:

No. We establish a policy that keeps guns out of the hands of people with mental issues. That is the common denomintor in all of our mass shootings. They were either severely depressed, bi-polar or schizophrenic. Treating these people by keeping them out of society will go a much longer in reducing gun deaths than the asinine plan of liberals like that we just ban all guns.
I never said ban all guns.

So your plan to keep guns out of criminals' hands is to take depressed people out of society and lock them up forever? :cuckoo:

Read the op.

You have no plan? Then maybe... how about... like... stfu?

I've stated my plan over and over. Follow the Constitution, allow people the right to defend themselves, once someone commits a crime with a gun put them in prison and keep them there. What about that confuses you exactly?

So your plan is to do nothing pre-emptive, just cleaning up the blood afterwards. Wow! That's a great constitution you have there, no protection! :clap2:

I've stated my plan over and over. Follow the Constitution, allow people the right to defend themselves, once someone commits a crime with a gun put them in prison and keep them there. What about that confuses you exactly?

So your plan is to do nothing pre-emptive, just cleaning up the blood afterwards. Wow! That's a great constitution you have there, no protection! :clap2:

The 2nd Amendment is your protection, dumbass!

Anyone who gets shot is responsible for not shooting the other guy first...don't you get it?

That's your plan actually. Government does not, can not and should not "protect" people preemptively. That requires them to have massive powers to decide who is a threat.

Your solution is to wait until a murder is committed then have government draw a chalk line around the body and make a few inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it.

Your plan is to preemptively make sure that criminals are safe when they murder people. I'm not seeing the virtue in that. Explain.

Anyone who gets shot is responsible for not shooting the other guy first...don't you get it?

A criminal shoots an honest citizen, an honest citizen shoots a criminal. It's all the same to you really, they are both people....

I never said ban all guns.

So your plan to keep guns out of criminals' hands is to take depressed people out of society and lock them up forever? :cuckoo:

My plan would be we have a policy that allows us to remove people that are danger to themselves or others from society. We used to be able to do that you know. It is far better than your plan than not addressing the mental issues that are a key component in all of these mass shootings. You would rather just ignore these people and pretend they have nothing to do with the problem and that the real problem is people who had nothing to do with those events wanting to keep their guns. I'm not the cuckoo one here.

Congratulations. You're catching on. Except actually in your world I guess they are responsible for not clairvoyantly predicting when they'd get attacked and thus contacting the cops in time.

The 2nd amendment protects people's right to own a gun and shoot me. Nice.

No, the 2nd Amendment protects your right to shoot back.

You're still on the fantasy point that criminals won't break the law and buy a gun if they are illegal. Grow up Virginia, criminals even break the law in France. That is the common thing on all the shooting rampages. The criminals had guns, the victims didn't.

Did you know it's actually against the law already to go on shooting rampages? Maybe since you believe criminals won't break the law, you should just start a campaign to inform criminals that it's illegal to shoot people so they won't do it.

What color is the sky in your world? In candycane's it's cotton candy...

Last edited:
Hey stupid, as I have already told your dumbass those countries do not use the same criteria that
the US does. You're comparing apples to oranges.

So you're saying that they're lying to the tune of 10,000+ gun deaths? :cuckoo:

I'm not saying anyone is lying. I'm saying that it's not an accurate comparison when you use results where different criteria are used.

Do try to keep up.
So you're saying that 10,000 people in England and Wales got killed by guns but weren't counted because they got off?

You're still on the fantasy point that criminals won't break the law and buy a gun if they are illegal. Grow up Virginia, criminals even break the law in France.

The 2nd Amendment protects your right to shoot back.

41 guns deaths in England and Wales versus 9,146 in the US. 2 nod amendment doesn't work.

It gives you the right to defend yourself, your family and your property. I don't expect an idiot such as yourself to understand.

A criminal shoots an honest citizen, an honest citizen shoots a criminal. It's all the same to you really, they are both people....

I would prerfer nobody gets shot.

However I do think that if society has done such a terrible job protecting the innocent that society owes at least the effort to rectify the situation...

Since you're into mis-characterizing my stances so often despite my correcting you; can I just assume that you're stance is this when you bow down and talk to the fallen 8 year old girl who was just shot by a felon with a gun bought through a loophole.

"Tough luck girl...next time invest in a Kevlar school uniform."

Does that sum up your position right?

That's your plan actually. Government does not, can not and should not "protect" people preemptively. That requires them to have massive powers to decide who is a threat.

Your solution is to wait until a murder is committed then have government draw a chalk line around the body and make a few inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it.

Your plan is to preemptively make sure that criminals are safe when they murder people. I'm not seeing the virtue in that. Explain.

So no pre-emptive action? Like in Iraq or as is being talked about for Iran?

My plan would keep assault weapons off the shelves and all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users. I'd limit gun sales to one every ten years and regulate the number of bullets you could buy per year... Your plan lets anyone buy anything anytime and end up with 9,000+ gun deaths per year.

Congratulations. You're catching on. Except actually in your world I guess they are responsible for not clairvoyantly predicting when they'd get attacked and thus contacting the cops in time.

Never go full retard... Ooops too late in your case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back