Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

I'm not saying anyone is lying. I'm saying that it's not an accurate comparison when you use results where different criteria are used.

Do try to keep up.
So you're saying that 10,000 people in England and Wales got killed by guns but weren't counted because they got off?

No I didn't say that either.

So why is 41 deaths against 9,146 in the US bogus? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Anyone who gets shot is responsible for not shooting the other guy first...don't you get it?

A criminal shoots an honest citizen, an honest citizen shoots a criminal. It's all the same to you really, they are both people....

I would prerfer nobody gets shot.

However I do think that if society has done such a terrible job protecting the innocent that society owes at least the effort to rectify the situation...

Since you're into mis-characterizing my stances so often despite my correcting you; can I just assume that you're stance is this when you bow down and talk to the fallen 8 year old girl who was just shot by a felon with a gun bought through a loophole.

"Tough luck girl...next time invest in a Kevlar school uniform."

Does that sum up your position right?

I can only your assume to the families of the dead in Aurora Colorado, Newton Connecticut, the Virginia Tech Campus, Columbine, the Washington Naval yard and the families of murder victims in Chicago, Detroit, DC and other battle zones where criminals had guns and the victims followed the law and didn't is "tough luck your father, husband and/or kids are dead...next time invest in Kevlar clothing.

Does that sum up your position right?

So your plan is to do nothing pre-emptive, just cleaning up the blood afterwards. Wow! That's a great constitution you have there, no protection! :clap2:

That's your plan actually. Government does not, can not and should not "protect" people preemptively. That requires them to have massive powers to decide who is a threat.

Your solution is to wait until a murder is committed then have government draw a chalk line around the body and make a few inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it.

Your plan is to preemptively make sure that criminals are safe when they murder people. I'm not seeing the virtue in that. Explain.

So no pre-emptive action? Like in Iraq or as is being talked about for Iran?
I'm a libertarian, not a Republican. Though all liberals hear is "not-liberal" so that's going to go way over year head.

My plan would keep assault weapons off the shelves and all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users.

I'll fix that for you: My plan would keep assault weapons off the shelves and all guns and bullets out of the hands of honest citizens so drug users don't need to worry about anyone shooting back at them when they commit crimes.

I'd limit gun sales to one every ten years and regulate the number of bullets you could buy per year... Your plan lets anyone buy anything anytime and end up with 9,000+ gun deaths per year.

You'd limit legal sales to legal people. You have no plan for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals at all except your belief that criminals won't break the law.

So you're saying that 10,000 people in England and Wales got killed by guns but weren't counted because they got off?

No I didn't say that either.

So why is 41 deaths against 9,146 in the US bogus? Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Because in your bigotry you can't be bothered learning either the different way those statistics are calculated or the differences between the United States and the United Kingdom.

Then be honest, you mock Americans for not recognizing the world is diverse, don't you?

So your plan is to do nothing pre-emptive, just cleaning up the blood afterwards. Wow! That's a great constitution you have there, no protection! :clap2:

That's your plan actually. Government does not, can not and should not "protect" people preemptively. That requires them to have massive powers to decide who is a threat.

Your solution is to wait until a murder is committed then have government draw a chalk line around the body and make a few inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it.

Your plan is to preemptively make sure that criminals are safe when they murder people. I'm not seeing the virtue in that. Explain.

My plan would keep assault weapons off the shelves and all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users. I'd limit gun sales to one every ten years and regulate the number of bullets you could buy per year... Your plan lets anyone buy anything anytime and end up with 9,000+ gun deaths per year.

Specifically how would you keep "all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users"?

And how would you go about regulating gun sales and the number of rounds a person could buy per year?

The 2nd amendment protects people's right to own a gun and shoot me. Nice.

You're still on the fantasy point that criminals won't break the law and buy a gun if they are illegal. Grow up Virginia, criminals even break the law in France.

The 2nd Amendment protects your right to shoot back.

41 guns deaths in England and Wales versus 9,146 in the US. 2 nod amendment doesn't work.

how many gun deaths were there in england before they passed their laws? Looks like the numbers have nothing to do with the laws.

My plan would keep assault weapons off the shelves and all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users. I'd limit gun sales to one every ten years and regulate the number of bullets you could buy per year... Your plan lets anyone buy anything anytime and end up with 9,000+ gun deaths per year.

Specifically how would you keep "all guns and bullets out of the hands of drug users"?

This is the funniest part of her argument. Drugs are illegal, so drug users, who are breaking the law by buying drugs, which are illegal, won't buy guns if they are illegal. And the people who sell illegal drugs won't think of selling illegal guns while they're selling illegal drugs. You're saying that doesn't make sense to you?

And how would you go about regulating gun sales and the number of rounds a person could buy per year?

I think the theory here is that criminals will use up their bullets on the firing range, so by the time they get around to shooting someone they'll be out of bullets. And by the time the next year rolls around and they can finally get more bullets they won't want to kill them anymore.

Makes perfect sense to me...

how many drug dealers do you think actually buy their guns off the shelf anyway?

ok, so i make my own bullets. its really east to do. how are you going to keep bullets out of my hands?

You're still on the fantasy point that criminals won't break the law and buy a gun if they are illegal. Grow up Virginia, criminals even break the law in France.

The 2nd Amendment protects your right to shoot back.

41 guns deaths in England and Wales versus 9,146 in the US. 2 nod amendment doesn't work.

how many gun deaths were there in england before they passed their laws? Looks like the numbers have nothing to do with the laws.
It must be really hard to have to go through life being so stupid. How sad.

how many drug dealers do you think actually buy their guns off the shelf anyway?

ok, so i make my own bullets. its really east to do. how are you going to keep bullets out of my hands?
Most criminals are too dumb to make bullets. This thread is about keeping guns out of criminals' hands. Are you a criminal?

This is the funniest part of her argument. Drugs are illegal, so drug users, who are breaking the law by buying drugs, which are illegal, won't buy guns if they are illegal. And the people who sell illegal drugs won't think of selling illegal guns while they're selling illegal drugs. You're saying that doesn't make sense to you?

I think the theory here is that criminals will use up their bullets on the firing range, so by the time they get around to shooting someone they'll be out of bullets. And by the time the next year rolls around and they can finally get more bullets they won't want to kill them anymore.

the irony is someone who target shoots and doesn't kill anyone is the one buying all the bullets. I go through a few thousand rounds a month. but the person who is going to kill someone can get the job done with a single box of bullets. once again these anti gun nuts are totally missing the issue and proposing solutions that impact only the innocent law abiding citizens. We can never let democrats gain control of our government or we will be impacted negatively

the irony is someone who target shoots and doesn't kill anyone is the one buying all the bullets. I go through a few thousand rounds a month. but the person who is going to kill someone can get the job done with a single box of bullets. once again these anti gun nuts are totally missing the issue and proposing solutions that impact only the innocent law abiding citizens. We can never let democrats gain control of our government or we will be impacted negatively
A few thousand rounds A MONTH! :cuckoo:

I already told you. Two different criteria were used in those stats.

You have got to be the dullest knife in the drawer.

Are you TM by any chance?
So how many people died by a gun in England and Wales. Since you seem to know that 41 is wrong.

How many times have you been told that they only count convictions? Do you seriously have no long term memory?

Most criminals are too dumb to make bullets. This thread is about keeping guns out of criminals' hands. Are you a criminal?

do you even know how to have a bullet? do you have any idea how easy it is? do you have any idea of the black market opportunity all of your solutions provide?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

A few thousand rounds A MONTH! :cuckoo:

easily

I already told you. Two different criteria were used in those stats.

You have got to be the dullest knife in the drawer.

Are you TM by any chance?
So how many people died by a gun in England and Wales. Since you seem to know that 41 is wrong.

How many times have you been told that they only count convictions? Do you seriously have no long term memory?

So if you think 41is wrong, what's the real number?

So you believe that when other people tell you that you used the wrong stat and why, they should also research the correct stat you meant to use for you.

Well, at least this explains why you can't go back and read the first post in the thread so you know what it's about...

The actual number is irrelevant to my argument. I've said the US is not the same as the UK. The most obvious starting point being they don't have an open border with Mexico which is maintained as open by the party of our President. Right there any analysis comparing us is hugely flawed.

Our only remaining relevant political party believes al Qaeda should be able to fly to Mexico and walk freely across the border. Criminals should be free to walk across the border. Smugglers should be free to carry drugs, guns and ammunition across the border.

And we have more crime and murders? No shit...

Last edited:

So you believe that when other people tell you that you used the wrong stat and why, they should also research the correct stat you meant to use for you.

Well, at least this explains why you can't go back and read the first post in the thread so you know what it's about...

The actual number is irrelevant to my argument. I've said the US is not the same as the UK. The most obvious starting point being they don't have an open border with Mexico which is maintained as open by the party of our President. Right there any analysis comparing us is hugely flawed.

Our only remaining relevant political party believes al Qaeda should be able to fly to Mexico and walk freely across the border. Criminals should be free to walk across the border. Smugglers should be free to carry drugs, guns and ammunition across the border.

And we have more crime and murders? No shit...

So the higher number of gun deaths in the US is Mexico's fault? :lmao:

If you can't provide an accurate number other than 41 with a link, it stands.

Forum List

Back