Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

The liberals certainly to your point are doing nothing productive regarding the gun culture, but I have a hard time saying they are to "blame" for it.

Our history was fighting with the British against their enemies in Europe and their allies in the Americas to conquer the new world and against them to free ourselves from them while we hunted and defended ourselves, our families and our properties. Guns were deeply in our culture long before modern liberalism came along

By George, I think you just got it, or at least part of it. :eek:

You can continue with the wild west and the "only good Indian is a dead Indian"...

Indians were wrong to shoot back, they were escalating the situation.

Umm... they were using arrows until we got here. You could look it up.

You can continue with the wild west and the "only good Indian is a dead Indian"...

Logical flow isn't your forte.

That doesn't change that when we came they acquired a lust for a gun culture, and then when we shot at them they shot back and escalated the situation.

if any one is to blame for the gun culture in america it is liberals. that's right liberals. liberal hollywood. movies and tv show portray gun violence in a positive light. Its good to be the bad boy. the liberal music industry. just listen to todays music. again, its good to be the bad boy. some one disrespects you, you blow them away. liberals run around claiming the NRA is at fault along with inbred hillbilly gun nuts. THe NRA promotes responsible gun ownership. the probelm with gun violence today clearly lies on the backs of liberals and the vehicles they use to promote it. for their own profit of course

The liberals certainly to your point are doing nothing productive regarding the gun culture, but I have a hard time saying they are to "blame" for it.

Our history was fighting with the British against their enemies in Europe and their allies in the Americas to conquer the new world and against them to free ourselves from them while we hunted and defended ourselves, our families and our properties. Guns were deeply in our culture long before modern liberalism came along

yes, but it is only recently that guns have become a status kill weapon. The Adam Lanza's never fought the british

if any one is to blame for the gun culture in america it is liberals. that's right liberals. liberal hollywood. movies and tv show portray gun violence in a positive light. Its good to be the bad boy. the liberal music industry. just listen to todays music. again, its good to be the bad boy. some one disrespects you, you blow them away. liberals run around claiming the NRA is at fault along with inbred hillbilly gun nuts. THe NRA promotes responsible gun ownership. the probelm with gun violence today clearly lies on the backs of liberals and the vehicles they use to promote it. for their own profit of course

then why don't the british have a high incidece of gun deaths

That doesn't change that when we came they acquired a lust for a gun culture, and then when we shot at them they shot back and escalated the situation.

Thank you, Captain Miss-the-point. :salute:

We ain't talking about Indian culture; we're talking about our own.

WHO brought guns to the Indians?
Now in place of Indians substitute "criminals"... "drug runners"... "gangs" ... "terrorists"... "mass shooters".... lather, rinse, repeat. Let me know when it sinks in.

They don't have a gun culture. Q.E.D.

Now in place of Indians substitute "criminals"... "drug runners"... "gangs" ... "terrorists"... "mass shooters".... lather, rinse, repeat. Let me know when it sinks in.

Why is a gun culture only bad when we're the ones doing it?

They don't have a gun culture. Q.E.D.

Which is irrelevant to the US, we do and a long history it is. And you've presented zero with regard to change it. Smugly looking down on it isn't actually an argument.

I got what exactly? I keep asking you what you're arguing and you just dance and evade and make contradictory transactional arguments.

Nobody said that either. Strawman much?

I got what exactly? I keep asking you what you're arguing and you just dance and evade and make contradictory transactional arguments.

Look, it ain't my job to do your thinking for you. The point, you just cited yourself in the post before this one. Declaring "contradictions" just because the topic is inconvenient, doesn't wash.

And we did this before-- when I invited you to cite these "contradictions" you came up empty. If you can't explain your point, it just might be possible you don't have one.

Last edited:
There are between 270-300 million guns in the USA. To put this in perspective, 4% of the worlds population owns 50% of all privately owned guns in the world. Some would think this would mean that the USA should have a homicide rate over 12x (50% divided by 4%) higher than the rest of the world.

In 2012 the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime compared intentional homicide rates for most countries in the world. USA's rate was 4.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the worldwide average was 6.9. These figures mean you are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than elsewhere in the world.. The 4.8 homicide rate is not even close to 12 times higher than the rest of the world.

Nobody said that either. Strawman much?

It looks like a question to me

Look, it ain't my job to do your thinking for you. The point, you just cited yourself in the post before this one. Declaring "contradictions" just because the topic is inconvenient, doesn't wash.

And we did this before-- when I invited you to cite these "contradictions" you came up empty. If you can't explain your point, it just might be possible you don't have one.

I see, so when I ask you what you are arguing, and you tell me to tell you, that's me asking you to do my thinking for me.

You may not be much of a debater, but you do like to...

:dance:

There are between 270-300 million guns in the USA. To put this in perspective, 4% of the worlds population owns 50% of all privately owned guns in the world. Some would think this would mean that the USA should have a homicide rate over 12x (50% divided by 4%) higher than the rest of the world.

In 2012 the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime compared intentional homicide rates for most countries in the world. USA's rate was 4.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the worldwide average was 6.9. These figures mean you are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than elsewhere in the world.. The 4.8 homicide rate is not even close to 12 times higher than the rest of the world.

Your extrapolation does not follow (which you know since you couched it carefully in "some would think that..."), because it assumes that the rate of use of these firearms is always constant. When you're talking about a fetish/status symbol, practical applications become secondary.

Moreover your second extrapolation (30% less likely) does not follow either, since it assumes no other causal factors can be involved, in spite of different social mores and geography. More moreover, since you don't provide links and we're forced to accept your UN figures, "homicide" does not necessarily mean via firearm.

Sorry but this is just way too facile.

I see, so when I ask you what you are arguing, and you tell me to tell you, that's me asking you to do my thinking for me.

Soooo --- still can't find any, huh. You might as well go to the ignore bin. You have no points; all you can do is make shit up.

As already noted -- if there were contradictions you could quote them. And you can't. You lose.

Soooo --- still can't find any, huh. You might as well go to the ignore bin. You have no points; all you can do is make shit up.

As already noted -- if there were contradictions you could quote them. And you can't. You lose.

Cool. I have a question for you though. We're on page 128, what exactly are you arguing?

Forum List

Back