Keith Olbermann SUSPENDED From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay

I believe all news organizations--CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC--have policies re their news reporters and commentators making contributions to specific political parties or candidates. So it was really a lapse and dumb move for Olbermann to do that. Perhaps he didn't read the memo at some point. Who knows?

I imagine the suspension won't be permanent and he'll be back as he does have a small but faithful radical leftwing following.

But of ALL the news organizations, MSNBC is the one that was the most blatantly and intentionally dishonest during the campaign and election returns and blatantly partisan. THAT should bother them far more than a contributions ethics gaffe by one of their darlings.

^That last absurd comment is why I can't seriously have a discussion with you. Surely you jest.

Throwing Olbermann under the bus too huh?

Who did you think was most biased of the liberal media?

It's a publicity stunt, nothing more....he'll be back, smug as ever next week.

it's very possible. FOX milked that cow pretty dry though. Sometimes GE does things backwards and inside out though. It's like nobody's allowed to state the obvious there sometimes. GE should really go back in time to 1982. Life was kinder to them then.

All the antagonism expressed by the right against GE is ignorant. It employs thousands of people, and if it weren't for the fact that the company is assumed to "lean left," but "leaned right" instead, all you people would be touting GE as the symbol of American capitalism and free market success.

MM doesn't understand that Glenn Beck is not a Journalist - he's an Infotainer/Commentator.

And it would be helpful if she provided any evidence that showed that Murdoch received government pork the way GE has.

Last edited:
Who was that? And also, if a lying pundit is a means test for not trusting a news outlet as a source, then Fox should have been out of business years ago.

I don't deny an editorial bias among the Fox commentators. But I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard a Fox reporter or commentator utter an untruth that was not corrected immediately once the error was discovered. You can disagree with their opinions. You can disagree with their slant on things. But I defy you to find a single instance where a misstatement of fact was made that they did not correct. It is because they do demonstrate careful integrity in what they report that they have attracted the enormous audience they have.

Are you serious? Media Matters (yes, it's left-wing, because somebody needs to be on FOXWATCH 24/7), tracks every ignorant comment and lie Glenn Beck utters, complete with backup video so there can be no question as to exactly what he said. There are 138 PAGES for you to peruse. Are you saying that every one of these was thereafter apologized for by some bigwig at Fox? Thanks, foxy, you just gave me my biggest laugh of the day.

Glenn Beck | Media Matters for America

lol, and here you sit an parrot a site (mediamatters) that makes up lies, twist things out of context to prove some dumb point, and is working to get a News station and radio and t.v host SHUT DOWN.

good grief.:cuckoo:

The Alien an Sedition Acts had Hamilton's drool and finger prints all over them. He didn't take criticism well at all. He wasn't much of a people person either. He sure knew how to piss off Madison and Jefferson.

He pissed off Aaron Burr worse.

Starkey bro.......just took a gandor down to reading your sig. Perhaps you might want to consider swappping it out? To most forum members it might as well read this: I Have The Political IQ of a Small Soap Dish

the idea of you talking trash about anyone's IQ is amusing.

I really don't want MM to meltdown. Suppose it would cause a stroke if I told you I usually watch HLN followed by NBC and then a small sprinkling of FNN? If you want to change me, dump HLN.

Last edited:
Seek help, the election has had more of a toll on you then you currently think. After you get over the court decision on fox. Perhaps you could describe it in proper context.

Speaking of which, before you blow a cork I suggest you review the washington state supreme court ruling on the subject. Democrats sued the people for the right to lie.

Your knowledge, auto, is obviously on the level of Fox News listeners as described by TM.

Grow up!

So you approve of lying to score a political point. We already knew that. When you have the stones to actually address what I stated, wake us.

Grow up! Read what I post, kid. Fox went to court to get an order that it can lie with impunity. All of the outlets do, but Fox does it amazingly in your face and screw everybody else. Grow up!

MM doesn't understand that Glenn Beck is not a Journalist - he's an Infotainer/Commentator.

And it would be helpful if she provided any evidence that showed that Murdoch received government pork the way GE has.

GE also has been a major player in Obama's Cap & Tax scheme. They're getting some payoffs now through government policy and contracts, but if Cap & Tax passes, GE stands to make billions. I'm guessing Newscorp has received zero government contracts and zero government policy initiatives in their favor.

For the life of me, I don't know how anybody trusts MediaMatters with anything given its track record for hateful disinformation or how anybody expects to be taken seriously when quoting MediaMatters. At the same time I see Beck as yes, an entertainer. Anybody who expects to hold a major audience day in and day out has to be something of a performer. But he is also dealing in subject matter and providing real, very well researched information that other media sources won't touch. And it is because he is providing that service that is generating his impressive numbers.

I think Olbermann appealed mostly to the most angry, partisan, and mean spirited on the Left. He did have something of a following there, but, as others have suggested, I'm guessing his steadily dropping viewership was a factor in his suspension.

Fuck this..off to the gym..to work off some aggression.

To many assholes today.

Interesting Grammar.

Sallow is off to the gym to work off some aggression TO many assholes today.

What kind of gym does he go to?

This thread needs some visuals.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpoJ8W53D8]Olbermann vs. Dramatic Chipmunk[/ame]

I believe all news organizations--CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC--have policies re their news reporters and commentators making contributions to specific political parties or candidates. So it was really a lapse and dumb move for Olbermann to do that. Perhaps he didn't read the memo at some point. Who knows?

I imagine the suspension won't be permanent and he'll be back as he does have a small but faithful radical leftwing following.

But of ALL the news organizations, MSNBC is the one that was the most blatantly and intentionally dishonest during the campaign and election returns and blatantly partisan. THAT should bother them far more than a contributions ethics gaffe by one of their darlings.

^That last absurd comment is why I can't seriously have a discussion with you. Surely you jest.

Just because a pundit expresses liberal opinions hardly means I wholeheartedly agree 100% of the time. You guys should try it, by not being dumb sheep to your fox and do the same thing.

I don't watch "liberal media." But presenting facts doesn't mean bias, although I do realize that you people have strayed so far from fact-checking that you can't tell the difference.

Since when does Blech admit that he's an "infotainer"?? :lol: GE and News Corp two are entirely different entities. But I could do a comparison between, say, GE and Halliburton. :eusa_whistle:

Just because a pundit expresses liberal opinions hardly means I wholeheartedly agree 100% of the time. You guys should try it, by not being dumb sheep to your fox and do the same thing.

I don't watch "liberal media." But presenting facts doesn't mean bias, although I do realize that you people have strayed so far from fact-checking that you can't tell the difference.

Well I do my 'fact checking' by watching and then checking out the facts.

You seem to do your fact checking through Media Matters who I would guess have made maybe six honest and objective evaluations in their history. And I bet you aren't checking THEM out.

Based on your comment I suspect you think MSNBC is great too. I watched some of their coverage on election night. It was horrendous, blatantly partisan, blatantly insulting to the intelligent viewer.

How do you make comparisions or informed comments without watching?

Denial of MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NPR as liberal does not give you a liberal pass.

I don't deny an editorial bias among the Fox commentators. But I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard a Fox reporter or commentator utter an untruth that was not corrected immediately once the error was discovered. You can disagree with their opinions. You can disagree with their slant on things. But I defy you to find a single instance where a misstatement of fact was made that they did not correct. It is because they do demonstrate careful integrity in what they report that they have attracted the enormous audience they have.

Are you serious? Media Matters (yes, it's left-wing, because somebody needs to be on FOXWATCH 24/7), tracks every ignorant comment and lie Glenn Beck utters, complete with backup video so there can be no question as to exactly what he said. There are 138 PAGES for you to peruse. Are you saying that every one of these was thereafter apologized for by some bigwig at Fox? Thanks, foxy, you just gave me my biggest laugh of the day.

lol, and here you sit an parrot a site (mediamatters) that makes up lies, twist things out of context to prove some dumb point, and is working to get a News station and radio and t.v host SHUT DOWN.

good grief.:cuckoo:

I guess you missed the part where I clearly pointed out upfront that the links contained within that Media Matters link SHOWS THE FUCKING BECK VIDEOS. So tell us again how MM lies but Beck didn't? This should be good.

Forum List

Back