Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

My best guess is that, before the Federal court adjourns today, she will have talked to God, who will have told her to resign her job, and go home.

... and start a Go Fund Me account!

Hey, all you gullible, anti-America fundies - C'mon, put your money where your bible is and pony up for your poor, victimized "martyr".

:lmao:

So, RIghteousness has claimed its first Martyr, in the struggle against Wickedness (homosexuality).

Oh my fucking god, you really are a drama queen.

Question for you fundies who work for a living ... If you refuse to do your job, what happens?

Hmmm?

:rolleyes:

it's right up there with how MLK did his, let the system arrest you to show the injustice of the system.

MLK wasn't getting paid by government for what he did, and was working to stop segregation, not enforce it like she is.

Its a comparison of methods, not of reasons or circumstances.
when mlk was arrested it was showing the injustice in the system. she's getting arrested because she's denying people their rights - she is the injustice

If marriage is a right, then anyone can marry.

No??????

WTF!!!!
If you are currently not allowed to legally marry who or what you wish to marry...make your legal case for the law to change.....just like we did. Use the system.
Make your case to the people. Let them vote on it. Then pass a law. The court is not a way to run our Republic.

MLK wasn't getting paid by government for what he did, and was working to stop segregation, not enforce it like she is.

when mlk was arrested it was showing the injustice in the system. she's getting arrested because she's denying people their rights - she is the injustice

No??????

WTF!!!!
If you are currently not allowed to legally marry who or what you wish to marry...make your legal case for the law to change.....just like we did. Use the system.
Make your case to the people. Let them vote on it. Then pass a law. The court is not a way to run our Republic.

That's exactly what was done.

You just don't like the law that was passed.

Lucky for you, you don't have to agree.

And yes, the SCOTUS is the way our republic is run. Deal with it.

...Tell it to the Supreme Court of the United States. You really think they will change their decision when Obama leaves office?...
Nope. I don't think that. I think we need for one of the five to retire or expire, and be replaced by a Righteous Person.

...Why do you believe that?...
I don't.

...Or are you just another RW who doesn't understand the SCOTUS ruling has NOTHING to do with the prez?
Nope.

I've already demonstrated my understanding, in that regard.

But the advent of a new President puts two things on the table...

1. sponsorship of new Constitutional Amendment(s) impacting this area, if the President is so inclined

2. power to appoint new (and more conservative) Supreme Court Justices, subject to approval by a more conservative Congress.

No??????

WTF!!!!
the aw already existed. passing another allowing gay marriage would be redundant

The South did not withdraw peacably, the started the fight when they attacked Fort Sumter.

Battle of Fort Sumter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The north sent troops and ships to reinforce fort sumter and blockade the port after the south legally seceded and tried to negotiate. The south was very aware of the Anaconda Plan and were very sensitive to having a foreign nation blockade their harbors/exports.

Those are acts of war anywhere in the world.

You can't blame Lincoln for Reconstruction. This happened after Lincoln was shot by a Southerner.

Assassination of Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First let's look at the Declaration of Independence.
These people tried to peacefully withdraw, too and THEY got invaded and fought off the invaders. You ok with defeating the british in 1776?

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The u.s. was formed with the consent of each individual state, when the founders wrote the constitution and debated it, they always said it was a states prerogative if they wanted to break away from the Union.
Alexander Hamilton and most of the founders believed it was well within the state's rights to leave the Union voluntarily if they wanted to.
Starting a war to collect taxes and imports was just as wrong as starting a war that violated a states right to secession

Lincoln was a lying POS.

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln

Jan 12, 1848

From his first inaugural address;

Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the southern States that by the accession of a Republican Administration their property and their peace and personal security are to be endangered. There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension. Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you. I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that --

I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

Those who nominated and elected me did so with full knowledge that I had made this and many similar declarations and had never recanted them; and more than this, they placed in the platform for my acceptance, and as a law to themselves and to me, the clear and emphatic resolution which I now read:

Resolved, That the maintenance inviolate of the rights of the States, and especially the right of each State to order and control its own domestic institutions according to its own judgment exclusively, is essential to that balance of power on which the perfection and endurance of our political fabric depend; and we denounce the lawless invasion by armed force of the soil of any State or Territory, no matter what pretext, as among the gravest of crimes.

I now reiterate these sentiments, and in doing so I only press upon the public attention the most conclusive evidence of which the case is susceptible that the property, peace, and security of no section are to be in any wise endangered by the now incoming Administration. I add, too, that all the protection which, consistently with the Constitution and the laws, can be given will be cheerfully given to all the States when lawfully demanded, for whatever cause -- as cheerfully to one section as to another.

General Sherman's march through Georgia was to break the South and force them to surrender.

So you're ok with murdering, raping and robbing fellow americans.... stealing their property, wrecking their infrastructure, burning their homes and businesses, denying them elected representation in the government...because they tried to peacefully withdraw?..

Let's see, then.... if your wife asks for a divorce do you think that gives you the right to beat her up and force her to stay?

The United States also bombed civilians during World War II, causing hundreds of thousands of casualties.

If you want to live a long and prosperous life, don't declare war against the United States of America.

They didn't declare war...they tried to peacefully withdraw.

...but anyway....Live and learn. Things change all the time. Nothing lasts forever. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. ;)

This homely hog Davis is taking her cue from the SCOTUS finding in favor of defendants like Hobby Lobby. That's what happens when religion is allowed to influence laws and citizen's rights.
There is no reason to call her a hog. Is that why she should be jailed in your opinion? Stay on topic. Christians singled out for political prisioners.

You have been spoon fed the facts of the case and yet you continue to lie about it.

Or are you just plain stupid?

Either way, quit being such a silly drama queen. She's not a martyr or a political prisoner.

She defied the decision of the Supreme Court of The United States. She is in contempt of court.

And no - Obama had nothing to do with it so don't even go there.
Don't call me stupid fuckwad. How do you like this getting personal? My opinion is just as valid if not more so. Half the country was against this court decision. That doesn't settle anything when God is concerned. Makes no difference is you believe in God or not.

...Oh my fucking god, you really are a drama queen...
Just serving-up the Rally Cry. Like it? It's yours. I'll even toss-in the black keys for free.

...Question for you fundies who work for a living ... If you refuse to do your job, what happens? Hmmm? :rolleyes:
Depends on whether or not doing one's job includes defying God's Law and committing a Wicked Act.

This homely hog Davis is taking her cue from the SCOTUS finding in favor of defendants like Hobby Lobby. That's what happens when religion is allowed to influence laws and citizen's rights.
There is no reason to call her a hog. Is that why she should be jailed in your opinion? Stay on topic. Christians singled out for political prisioners.

You have been spoon fed the facts of the case and yet you continue to lie about it.

Or are you just plain stupid?

Either way, quit being such a silly drama queen. She's not a martyr or a political prisoner.

She defied the decision of the Supreme Court of The United States. She is in contempt of court.

And no - Obama had nothing to do with it so don't even go there.
Don't call me stupid fuckwad. How do you like this getting personal? My opinion is just as valid if not more so. Half the country was against this court decision. That doesn't settle anything when God is concerned. Makes no difference is you believe in God or not.

Wrong.

You saying that she is a martyr or political prisoner is indeed the words of an ignorant drama queen.

If you don't like the law, work to change it. Until then, neither you nor she are above the laws of the land.

If you want to live by the laws of some "god", Iraq has a spot for you.

Oh....by the way....this intolerant, homophobic, law violating clerk......IS A DEMOCRAT.

OOOPS! THREAD MALFUNCTION! ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!!!

That's exactly what was done.

You just don't like the law that was passed.

Lucky for you, you don't have to agree.

And yes, the SCOTUS is the way our republic is run. Deal with it.
What law was passed? The only law passed and signed by a President, namely Bill Clinton, was DOMA.

Forum List

Back