Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

What Davis is doing has nothing to do with 'civil disobedience.' It has to do with contempt for the rule of law, contempt for the Supreme Court, and contempt for the Constitution. Indeed, Davis isn't being held against her will, she could be home this week if she so desires. She's in jail as a result of her own free will, and she can leave any time she wants.
You do not see it as Civil Disobedience. I do, as do a great many others. Impasse.
WTF?? Since when does the government partake in civil disobedience against the public??...
My reference pertains to Davis.

Davis is engaging in Civil Disobedience against a law (ruling) that she believes to be immoral.

...You conservatives get everything ass backwards. Civil disobedience is the complete opposite of what you think it is. It's the public acting defiantly against the government -- not the other way around. :eusa_doh:
Rubbish.

I'll take Webster's definition over yours, thank you.

civil disobedience | refusal to obey laws as a way of forcing the government to do or change something

She violated the law, and there isn't any doubt. MLK did the same thing, too. I would probably would have rolled over and let gays marry, because I am weak. I still feel that the fed's law here is wrong and we need to stand against it, even if we or the law aren't perfect. MLK was a philander, Davis was married many times. Gays don't need to get married, common sense.
MLK stood for equality and inclusion

Davis stands for discrimination and religious oppression of those who believe differently

Gays don't need to get married? Common stupidity and bigotry.
Nobody cares if they get married. Let them get married by people who want to marry them, and let them eat cake that people who want to bake cakes for them make for them.

Leave the majority of us alone. You fags can do your own thing, but leave us out of it. We aren't interested, we never have been interested.
Conservatives sure do care that they can marry. But it's over now and conservatives lost.
Marriage is NOT a trophy blindly handed out to lovers, period . And it seems painfully apparent some posters aren't getting that. It isn't guaranteed in the constitution, neither is happiness. Some of you are going to have to get over it.Marriage is about people coupling and having children, not validating broken sexualitity for political gain.

Last edited:
She violated the law, and there isn't any doubt. MLK did the same thing, too. I would probably would have rolled over and let gays marry, because I am weak. I still feel that the fed's law here is wrong and we need to stand against it, even if we or the law aren't perfect. MLK was a philander, Davis was married many times. Gays don't need to get married, common sense.

Davis stands for discrimination and religious oppression of those who believe differently

Surprise surprise, more hate speech from a liberal. We all have the same rights.Gays want...more. Because that's "equal". We all have the same rights. There isn't ANY oppression, accept in your mind. Life liberty, freedom of expression, we ALL have that. So were did this same sex marriage thing come from? You can LOVE who ever or how many other different folks and sexes real imagined or whatever. But marriage is, or should be reserved for those that CAN and DO reproduce, not sexual dysfunctional whinners with a bankroll and lawyers.

In real intolerant countries, Gays are executed.

In the U.S., gays are perfectly free to live their lifestyles, but the Prog loons insist on Participation and Elimination of Badthink. Sore Leftie losers are the new Inquisition of Intolerance
Umm, the left won on this issue. Equal rights prevailed :mm:

Your projection is noted and laughed at.

Surprise surprise, more hate speech from a liberal. We all have the same rights.Gays want...more. Because that's "equal". We all have the same rights. There isn't ANY oppression, accept in your mind. Life liberty, freedom of expression, we ALL have that. So were did this same sex marriage thing come from? You can LOVE who ever or how many other different folks and sexes real imagined or whatever. But marriage is, or should be reserved for those that CAN and DO reproduce, not sexual dysfunctional whinners with a bankroll and lawyers.

In the U.S., gays are perfectly free to live their lifestyles, but the Prog loons insist on Participation and Elimination of Badthink. Sore Leftie losers are the new Inquisition of Intolerance

Your words prove that you're intolerant about the emancipation of homosexual persons from the chains of oppression. You wish you could have them executed.

What Davis is doing has nothing to do with 'civil disobedience.' It has to do with contempt for the rule of law, contempt for the Supreme Court, and contempt for the Constitution. Indeed, Davis isn't being held against her will, she could be home this week if she so desires. She's in jail as a result of her own free will, and she can leave any time she wants.
You do not see it as Civil Disobedience. I do, as do a great many others. Impasse.
WTF?? Since when does the government partake in civil disobedience against the public??...
My reference pertains to Davis.

Davis is engaging in Civil Disobedience against a law (ruling) that she believes to be immoral.

...You conservatives get everything ass backwards. Civil disobedience is the complete opposite of what you think it is. It's the public acting defiantly against the government -- not the other way around. :eusa_doh:
Rubbish.

I'll take Webster's definition over yours, thank you.

civil disobedience | refusal to obey laws as a way of forcing the government to do or change something
Again -- she IS the government. The government does not act out in civil disobedience, which is an act against the government.

That's why you're wrong and she sits in a cell.

i think it would have been hilarious if the jailor had refused to let her out, because letting a homophobe out of jail was against his religious beliefs.
Of course you do. Because you don't understand the difference between imprisoning someone for their beliefs, vs. failing to sign a document that can be signed by anyone else. One is representative of fascism, the other of liberty.

You guys have been so victimized. It is a wonder you don't go around showing the nail holes in your hands.....

Well, this proves once again, that YA CAN'T HIDE THE IDIOTS! They simply will not allow it!

FYI: Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman. And this is so, without regard to the populist drivel of the lowest common denominators.

Your words prove that you're intolerant about the emancipation of homosexual persons from the chains of oppression. You wish you could have them executed.

You clearly don't know me very well, hun.

I personally have no issues with gay marriage. I do have an issue with violating the religious freedom of others to accomplish it. In a Free Society, those who wish to have nothing to do with gay marriage should be respected equally.

I have posted in other threads that one of my sisters is a lesbian. I would hate to see her marriage marred by the ugliness of forcing others to participate against their wills. I would hope for her, as I would for anyone about whom I care, that her ceremony be surrounded by love and support.

I don't need to get married either. We will make up our minds if you need to get married, and let you know what we decide.

You don't have any common sense if you think it's up to you to "let gays marry".
Gays can do anything they want.

Except force people who see homo unions as sacrilege to endorse their marriages.
True, no one can force anyone to endorse homo marriages. But we sure can throw folks like Kim Davis in jail if they don't. :mm:

Nice shiny pair of Jack Boots you've got there, bub. I suspect they'll give you a nasty set of blisters.

Nobody cares if they get married. Let them get married by people who want to marry them, and let them eat cake that people who want to bake cakes for them make for them.

Leave the majority of us alone. You fags can do your own thing, but leave us out of it. We aren't interested, we never have been interested.
Conservatives sure do care that they can marry. But it's over now and conservatives lost.
Marriage is NOT a trophy blindly handed out to lovers, period . And it seems painfully apparent some posters aren't getting that. It isn't guaranteed in the constitution, neither is happiness. Some of you are going to have to get over it.Marriage is about people coupling and having children, not validating broken sexualitity for political gain.
Yeah, you're right. Lovers don't marry .... people only get married to have kids .... no one marries to validate sex .... and most of all, you're right -- the folks defending equal protection who prevailed at the highest level of our judicial system really should just get over it already.

i think it would have been hilarious if the jailor had refused to let her out, because letting a homophobe out of jail was against his religious beliefs.
Of course you do. Because you don't understand the difference between imprisoning someone for their beliefs, vs. failing to sign a document that can be signed by anyone else. One is representative of fascism, the other of liberty.

You guys have been so victimized. It is a wonder you don't go around showing the nail holes in your hands.....

We don't have any nail holes in our hands, Christ has nail holes in his hands.

But... in fairness, he's the one that is going to sentence you to eternity of incomprehensible anguish and torment, for your inability to be a decent human being and at least try to obey God's law, while having the humility to accepting God's grace through Christ, so if you've got a bitch, take it up with him.

Well, I guess that invalidates my marriage that happened at age 53, after my vasectomy.....

Well, I guess that invalidates my marriage that happened at age 53, after my vasectomy.....

No, you invalidated it. Through your failure to understand what Marriage is.

But hey... such is the nature of evil.

How were gays excluded? Blacks weren't segregated, I never saw a gays only drinking fountain or restrooms or excluded from registering from voting. Same access to education, no exclusion there, either, all these phony arguments. Everything was acceptable to gay. It boggles my mind, they see themselves as victims when they are just rich white whinny men that want exceptional privileges NOBODY even though they were due.

How were gays excluded? Blacks weren't segregated, I never saw a gays only drinking fountain or restrooms or excluded from registering from voting. Same access to education, no exclusion there, either, all these phony arguments. Everything was acceptable to gay. It boggles my mind, they see themselves as victims when they are just rich white whinny men that want exceptional privileges NOBODY even though they were due.

Everything except a marriage license in Kim's county.

We used to have a system like that in the South. Blacks could do anything that we did, as long as blacks stayed away from places where we went to do it. When the federal courts told New Orleans that they had to integrate the swimming pools, New Orleans closed every public pool in the city.

Just more of the same ol', same ol'.

You don't have any common sense if you think it's up to you to "let gays marry".
Gays can do anything they want.

Except force people who see homo unions as sacrilege to endorse their marriages.
True, no one can force anyone to endorse homo marriages. But we sure can throw folks like Kim Davis in jail if they don't. :mm:

Nice shiny pair of Jack Boots you've got there, bub. I suspect they'll give you a nasty set of blisters.
That's what sore losers says when they're pissed the government enforces laws they don't like.

No, you invalidated it. Through your failure to understand what Marriage is.

But hey... such is the nature of evil.
Hateful. Gays never had to drink out of separate drinking fountains, or live in ghettos. Theirs is a sexual dysfunction, and they don't know what oppression is, and neither do you.They buy out rich white punks like you and portray themselves as victims. They can't have children, and they don't need to get married. And we all know it is that simple.

Forum List

Back