🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kentucky Clerks Refuse to Issue Gay Marriage Licenses

Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling
Defying the instructions of Gov. Steve Beshear, several county clerks around Kentucky said they won't issue marriage licenses anymore because of the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-to-4 ruling Friday in favor of a nationwide right to same-sex marriage....Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis said Monday that her Christian beliefs won't allow her to give marriage licenses to gay men or lesbians seeking to marry a member of the same sex. Rather than face claims of discrimination, her office in Morehead is refusing marriage licenses to all couples until further notice, Davis said. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

more..

"It's hard; I will tell you that," Davis said. "What has happened is that five lawyers have imposed their personal view of what the definition of marriage should be on the rest of us. And I, as a Christian, have strong views, too. And I know I don't stand alone."...Chris Jobe, president of the Kentucky County Clerks Association, said he has heard from several clerks who have religious objections to same-sex marriage, so they won't issue marriage licenses anymore. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

This will be coming up soon. This Hearing pending at SCOTUS is actually more pivotal and may wind up reversing Friday's Ruling. The choice the Court will face? Dictate to the Vatican and other church leaders which dire warnings in the New Testament Christians "have to ignore" or Uphold the 1st Amendment. The 9th Amendment means that last Friday's fundamental change to the Constitution cannot overshadow any other Constitutional right people enjoy...including the 1st.

So a Court that thought this was "all done and over with" will be chagrined to find this has just begun..

Fun fact: Did you know the Supreme Court cannot make fundamental or ill-conceived changes to the Constitution? Only the Congress and states can make those changes jointly. Friday's Ruling is unconstitutional by its very mechanics. And therefore states like Kentucky, Alabama, Texas and any other are not bound to abide by Friday's illegal Ruling.
What "hearing?" What happens when a elected official chooses to not follow federal law, is that a person denied the marriage license sues him in federal court, and the federal court issues an injunction that carries fines, and possible jail time, unless the official obeys the law. I think the scotus should have avoided the issue, but this issue is now ..... dead.

Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling
Defying the instructions of Gov. Steve Beshear, several county clerks around Kentucky said they won't issue marriage licenses anymore because of the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-to-4 ruling Friday in favor of a nationwide right to same-sex marriage....Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis said Monday that her Christian beliefs won't allow her to give marriage licenses to gay men or lesbians seeking to marry a member of the same sex. Rather than face claims of discrimination, her office in Morehead is refusing marriage licenses to all couples until further notice, Davis said. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

more..

"It's hard; I will tell you that," Davis said. "What has happened is that five lawyers have imposed their personal view of what the definition of marriage should be on the rest of us. And I, as a Christian, have strong views, too. And I know I don't stand alone."...Chris Jobe, president of the Kentucky County Clerks Association, said he has heard from several clerks who have religious objections to same-sex marriage, so they won't issue marriage licenses anymore. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

This will be coming up soon. This Hearing pending at SCOTUS is actually more pivotal and may wind up reversing Friday's Ruling. The choice the Court will face? Dictate to the Vatican and other church leaders which dire warnings in the New Testament Christians "have to ignore" or Uphold the 1st Amendment. The 9th Amendment means that last Friday's fundamental change to the Constitution cannot overshadow any other Constitutional right people enjoy...including the 1st.

So a Court that thought this was "all done and over with" will be chagrined to find this has just begun..

Fun fact: Did you know the Supreme Court cannot make fundamental or ill-conceived changes to the Constitution? Only the Congress and states can make those changes jointly. Friday's Ruling is unconstitutional by its very mechanics. And therefore states like Kentucky, Alabama, Texas and any other are not bound to abide by Friday's illegal Ruling.
What "hearing?" What happens when a elected official chooses to not follow federal law, is that a person denied the marriage license sues him in federal court, and the federal court issues an injunction that carries fines, and possible jail time, unless the official obeys the law. I think the scotus should have avoided the issue, but this issue is now ..... dead.
What happens when a federal official refuses to follow the law? Well, if he works for the Obama Administration he gets a raise and a nice office.

more..

What happens when a federal official refuses to follow the law? Well, if he works for the Obama Administration he gets a raise and a nice office.
You are the decider. LOL

Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face- that will show your nose!

So MLK going to jail over laws he saw as unjust was cutting off his nose to spite his face?

No- refusing to issue any marriage licenses- to anyone straight or gay- because you oppose gay marriage- is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Telling 97% of your constituents that they will need to go to another county because you object to 3%- is just bad public service.

Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling.

So MLK going to jail over laws he saw as unjust was cutting off his nose to spite his face?
Who's gone to jail over this....only one I see going to jail with their head held high is that woman who took down the traitor flag in South Carolina.

This is civil disobedience over the Constitution initiated by those who claim to love the Constitution.
They only like it when the Constitution is on their side. Now, they are at war against the Constitution.
Is this a rebellion against the US? Don't a majority of people (60%+) favor Gay Marriage? Not only don't they have the Constitution on their side they don't have the support of the majority of their fellow citizens.
But that's what to expect from radicals.

This is civil disobedience over the Constitution initiated by those who claim to love the Constitution.
They only like it when the Constitution is on their side. Now, they are at war against the Constitution.
Is this a rebellion against the US? Don't a majority of people (60%+) favor Gay Marriage? Not only don't they have the Constitution on their side they don't have the support of the majority of their fellow citizens.
Tell that to the pot smokers in Colorado. Dunderhead.

Who's gone to jail over this....only one I see going to jail with their head held high is that woman who took down the traitor flag in South Carolina.

It's a comparison, and you obviously didn't get it.

more..

You are the decider. LOL
/fail.

Do they expect to get paid for not doing their job?

It appears to be that way. According to their statements, they are incapable of performing essential tasks of their positions. When someone tells me they aren't capable of doing their job, I wish them good fortunes and offer to give them a good reference if they need one.

Yup. If your religion makes your job impossible, find another job.
You mean like the muslim broad who gets to wear her muslim headgear while working at Abercrombie and Fitch thanks to a Supreme Court ruling?

No, a majority doensn't support gay marriage. You were lied to. And that's why the cult of LGBT fought so damned hard to keep gay marriage away from the popular vote of the various states their jackbooted pocket-Justices just made possible for them...for now..

Just prior to Prop 8 passing in California, the same smoky and dubious poll lies were circulated predicting an easy win for gay marriage there. It lost of course, for the second time in the most liberal state in the Union.

No it wasn't and isn't popular with the majority and the SCOTUS now has round #2 to listen to as states in their full rights refuse to honor Friday's illegal Ruling. (The Court is not allowed to redact the Constitution by adding a new "class" (just some of their favorite deviant sex behaviors but not other behaviors) to get special protections from state majority democratic rule. Only Congress may add or subtract substantive parts to the US Constitution.

Fire them, done deal. Don't want to do the job you are being paid to do? Find another.

I'm guessing there will be a question added to the job app for states now.

Question 5:
"Can you properly conduct all duties required when taking this job based on your religious views? If not, thanks for stopping by."

Obama should do what Raygun did with the Air Traffic Controller union. Fire them all and hire people that aren't religious fanatics, and cite Raygun as the precedent.

Snap mfer!

Do they expect to get paid for not doing their job?

It appears to be that way. According to their statements, they are incapable of performing essential tasks of their positions. When someone tells me they aren't capable of doing their job, I wish them good fortunes and offer to give them a good reference if they need one.

Yup. If your religion makes your job impossible, find another job.
You mean like the muslim broad who gets to wear her muslim headgear while working at Abercrombie and Fitch thanks to a Supreme Court ruling?

Two problems: Abercromie and Fitch isn't a state agency. And she can perform all the required portions of her job.

The State doesn't have religious conviction, as it doesn't have religion. To do so would violate the establishment clause. When a representative of the state imposes their personal religious convictions upon unwilling people, the State is establishing religion. As the State is forcing citizens to abide specific tenets of a religion in express violation of the law.

Your ilk doesn't think this through. If a Christian can refuse to issue a marriage certificate because of their religious conviction, why couldn't a Muslim deny a Christian a marriage certificate because that Christian doesn't follow Sharia law?

How about a Muslim judge that refuses to rule in any manner inconsistent with Sharia law. Or refuses to grant any divorces as it conflicts with his religious beliefs.

I'm not cool with any of that. If your religion prevents you from doing your job.....find another job.

more..

Happy days, if you're an attorney...

No, a majority doensn't support gay marriage. You were lied to.

A majority voted against same sex marriage......in 2008. In 2015, 60% of folks support same sex marraige.

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

Record-High 60 of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage

This is contrary to what you want to believe. So what did you do? You relieved the cognitive dissonance by inventing an elaborate batshit conspiracy theory that gays had 'infiltrated' gallup and were forcing it to falsify its polling data.

That's insane. But you believe it. You run into problems when you try to shovel that batshit out of your skull and into the real world

Fire them, done deal. Don't want to do the job you are being paid to do? Find another.

Question 5:
"Can you properly conduct all duties required when taking this job based on your religious views? If not, thanks for stopping by."

Obama should do what Raygun did with the Air Traffic Controller union. Fire them all and hire people that aren't religious fanatics, and cite Raygun as the precedent.

Snap mfer!
Firing people for their religious beliefs is illegal, turd.

Question 5:

Snap mfer!

Not if their religion prevents them from doing their job.

Question 5:

Snap mfer!
Religious accommodations only go so far. See: US, Supreme Court...

It's a comparison, and you obviously didn't get it.
Ah...this is another RW fail comparison. It was so off (apples and oranges) it wasn't evident. You guys need to label those things.

Forum List

Back