Kerry: Putin is going to lose

What damage to Russia's economy?

:lol:

I just put up what they are calling the Holy Grail of all deals with China for $350 Billion. Now India is turning to Russian gas.

Oh and India has just signed a mega deal to by military equipment from Russia.

AND let's see. Russia kept their naval base from falling into the hands of the EU and NATO.

AND another biggie. Instead of US Exxon Mobile and UK Dutch Shell oil getting their hands on Crimea's large offshore oil deposits and gas, Gazprom is going to score them.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. Putin's just whipped and beaten down. NOT.

Good, let them idiots become dependent on KGB Putin, serves them well. :lol:

If I were you I would worry about losing trading partners.

I know I am really pissed off at my conservative Prime Minister who I have supported since his beginnings as the leader of my party for getting us into this pissing contest with Russia over the freaking EU.

My rant is very bi partisan.

Now we stand to lose business in both China and India just for starters. Lord only knows how much economic damage our leaders are permanently inflict on us.

All over the EU.

No one is losing business. China and India are still major players in American economics. Will be too for a long time. Looks like your conservative Prime Minister is way smarter than you. Pay attention to him.

Russia is losing for capital faster than it gains, it's currency is falling, imports are fueling inflation, it's gnp is flat, and china is now looking at it like it might be the uncle who inappropriately touches pre-pubescent girls ......

No one's gonna kick him out of the Ukraine, but he had treaties giving him all the bases he needed. He gambled that world wouldn't mind if he reincorporated all territory that the Soviets ethnically cleansed. Nobody is going to go to war over it. But, Russia's economy is now inexorably tied to global markets, so ..... we'll see. His one weapon is selling carbon fuels below market prices ... which isn't really in his own econ interest.

With all due respect, your post is full of shit that Russia will face economic hardships.

You really need to go back and read about all the new deals Russia has been entering into.
Like a $350 Billion oil deal with China. Every one in business has nicknamed it the "Holy Grail" of oil deals.

Military equipment deals with India that are going to put a dent in your trade with India. No one is going to leave a mark on Russia.

But we'll be paying for our foolish leaders bullshit out of our pocket books. I've backed up all my data with links.

If you are interested in economic truths, I've put them up in this thread and others. Russia will be just fine.

China imported a record amount of Russian crude last month, 2.72 million metric tons, about a supertanker full every three days.

The total more than tripled in a decade, and Russia now represents 12 percent of China’s crude imports, customs data show, among the highest levels in the past seven years.

Russian Oil Seen Heading East Not West in Crimea Spat - Bloomberg

Good for China. China, (they own the United States), will soon own Russia too. :eusa_shhh:

France just put two helicopter carriers promised to be produced and delivered to Russia on the sanctions table. The Mistral ships contract is said to be ready for annulment. Russia is threatening to sue.

France just put two helicopter carriers promised to be produced and delivered to Russia on the sanctions table. The Mistral ships contract is said to be ready for annulment. Russia is threatening to sue.

France will lose a lot of money if they try that. You don't think the Russians paid in advance do you?

Russia going to sue???? in what court? The UN? The Hague? the international chamber of commerce (which is in Paris). International suits are a joke.

France will lose a lot of money if they try that. You don't think the Russians paid in advance do you?

Russia going to sue???? in what court? The UN? The Hague? the international chamber of commerce (which is in Paris). International suits are a joke.

It gets even funnier. The Russian's built the hulls in St. Perersburg and sent the empty hulls to France for fitting. They also paid for much of the work to be done in advance. They want their ships completed or returned and a refund. The French ship builders seems to be shrugging their shoulders as they ask what they are supposed to do? It's government stuff.

Well, let's look at this a couple of weeks down the road....Russia has taken Crimea. Now what? Russia has now moved 35,000 troops to the Ukraine border. What's next? Well...hmmm...ALL gas and oil for Crimea comes through Ukraine. There is no reasonable way to get it there WITHOUT going through the Ukraine.

So?

Look for Russia to take the rest of Ukraine while Obama threatens to draw another "red-line". In short - the Ukraine will now fall into Russian hands. Another coup for Barry Obama's diplomacy!!!!

Well, let's look at this a couple of weeks down the road....Russia has taken Crimea. Now what? Russia has now moved 35,000 troops to the Ukraine border. What's next? Well...hmmm...ALL gas and oil for Crimea comes through Ukraine. There is no reasonable way to get it there WITHOUT going through the Ukraine.

So?

Look for Russia to take the rest of Ukraine while Obama threatens to draw another "red-line". In short - the Ukraine will now fall into Russian hands. Another coup for Barry Obama's diplomacy!!!!
So NATO makes its stand in Poland and saves Brooklyn?
How would the US react if Putin overthrew a corrupt, elected president of Mexico and threatened to build a missile defense system along the Rio Grande?

So?

How would the US react if Putin overthrew a corrupt, elected president of Mexico and threatened to build a missile defense system along the Rio Grande?

Depends.

If we were talking JFK America then there'd be a strong reaction which would be taken seriously and Putin would back off.

If we're talking about Obamerica then depends.

Boxes and boxes of Depends. That would be America's ONLY defense. Put on them adult diapers 'cause we'd be gonna get the shit kicked out of us if our "leaders" but whimpered.

So?

Depends.

If we were talking JFK America then there'd be a strong reaction which would be taken seriously and Putin would back off.

If we're talking about Obamerica then depends.

Boxes and boxes of Depends. That would be America's ONLY defense. Put on them adult diapers 'cause we'd be gonna get the shit kicked out of us if our "leaders" but whimpered.
What about Ike's America?

"After the Korean War, the Soviet Union transferred nuclear technology and weapons to the People's Republic of China as an adversary of the United States and NATO. According to Ion Mihai Pacepa, 'Khrushchev’s nuclear-proliferation process started with Communist China in April 1955, when the new ruler in the Kremlin consented to supply Beijing a sample atomic bomb and to help with its mass production. Subsequently, the Soviet Union built all the essentials of China’s new military nuclear industry.'[16]

"Russia is one of the five 'Nuclear Weapons States' (NWS) under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), which Russia ratified (as the Soviet Union) in 1968."

Substitute Iran 2014 for the PRC in '55 and where's the Hope and Change?

Russia and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I wanna know, with Detroit in bankruptcy, why are we sending billions of dollars to Kiev?
Ummmm... we like Kiev better than we like Detroit?
wink_smile.gif
Safer, too, probably.
tongue_smile.gif

And the hits just keep on coming boys and girls. Just about everyday I'm reading an article in the mainstream media how Putin screwed up majorly by attacking Crimea. As a result, the Russian economy is taking a hit here and there. The world no longer views Putin as a trustable leader to do business with. In fact, some are comparing Putin's attack with Bush's attack on Iraq. We all know how that turned out for Bush, don' we?

Has Russia painted itself into a financial corner?

Has Russia painted itself into a financial corner? - CBS News

Moscow now controls Crimea, following its de facto land grab from Ukraine. But according to some experts, that gain in real estate might come at the cost of serious damage to Russia's economy.

And the hits just keep on coming boys and girls. Just about everyday I'm reading an article in the mainstream media how Putin screwed up majorly by attacking Crimea. As a result, the Russian economy is taking a hit here and there. The world no longer views Putin as a trustable leader to do business with. In fact, some are comparing Putin's attack with Bush's attack on Iraq. We all know how that turned out for Bush, don' we?

Moscow now controls Crimea, following its de facto land grab from Ukraine. But according to some experts, that gain in real estate might come at the cost of serious damage to Russia's economy.
Is the MSN considering the possibility of an illegal coup in Kiev creating this dilemma?

"In an interview with the Globe and Mail, Mr. (Dmytro) Yarosh laughed at all the fuss made about Right Sector.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin sees 'the entire Maidan as a hotbed for fascism and anti-Semitism,' he said. As for the West: 'I would strongly suggest that more people from the West come to Ukraine to see things for themselves.'

"It’s easy to dismiss Right Sector as a fringe group of right-wing extremists. But Mr. Yarosh’s populist message of an independent Ukraine with a strong military, an end to corruption and no oligarchs, is resonating.

"At a time when many in the country feel powerless against Russian expansion and frustrated with the apparent inaction of the new government, Right Sector is seen as getting things done.

"The group came together in the early days of the protest movement last November and served as a kind of unofficial army for the protesters. Four Right Sector members died in clashes with police and dozens were injured, adding to its mystique."

Globe in Kiev: Meet the right-wing leader who worries both Moscow and the West - The Globe and Mail

Is the MSN considering the possibility of an illegal coup in Kiev creating this dilemma?

"In an interview with the Globe and Mail, Mr. (Dmytro) Yarosh laughed at all the fuss made about Right Sector.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin sees 'the entire Maidan as a hotbed for fascism and anti-Semitism,' he said. As for the West: 'I would strongly suggest that more people from the West come to Ukraine to see things for themselves.'

"It’s easy to dismiss Right Sector as a fringe group of right-wing extremists. But Mr. Yarosh’s populist message of an independent Ukraine with a strong military, an end to corruption and no oligarchs, is resonating.

"At a time when many in the country feel powerless against Russian expansion and frustrated with the apparent inaction of the new government, Right Sector is seen as getting things done.

"The group came together in the early days of the protest movement last November and served as a kind of unofficial army for the protesters. Four Right Sector members died in clashes with police and dozens were injured, adding to its mystique."

Globe in Kiev: Meet the right-wing leader who worries both Moscow and the West - The Globe and Mail

I see, so Putin took Crimea so it wouldn't fall into the hands of a few r-wing extremists? Funny!

I see, so Putin took Crimea so it wouldn't fall into the hands of a few r-wing extremists? Funny!

He did it out of weakness......

Putin "took" Crimea because elements of the US State Department conspired to overthrow the democratically elected leader of a state on his western border:

"In the intercepted phone call between US Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland and US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, the two were, as Russian expert Stephen Cohen put it to Democracy Now, 'plotting a coup d’état against the elected president of Ukraine.'

"At one point in the call, Nuland endorsed 'Yat(s)' as the head of a new government, referring to Arseniy Yatsenyuk of the Fatherland Party, who indeed is now acting prime minister. But she went on to say that Svoboda leader Oleh Tyahnybok should be kept 'on the outside.'

"Her plan to sideline Tyahnybok as a post-coup player, however, may be wishful thinking, given the importance of the party in the demonstrations.

Tyahnybok is an anti-Semite who says 'organized Jewry' controls the Ukraine’s media and government, and is planning 'genocide' against Christians. He has turned Svoboda into the fourth-largest party in the country, and, this past December, US Senator John McCain shared a platform and an embrace with Tyahnybok at a rally in Kiev."

The Dark Side of the Ukraine Revolt | The Nation

Putin "took" Crimea because elements of the US State Department conspired to overthrow the democratically elected leader of a state on his western border:

"In the intercepted phone call between US Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland and US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, the two were, as Russian expert Stephen Cohen put it to Democracy Now, 'plotting a coup d’état against the elected president of Ukraine.'

"At one point in the call, Nuland endorsed 'Yat(s)' as the head of a new government, referring to Arseniy Yatsenyuk of the Fatherland Party, who indeed is now acting prime minister. But she went on to say that Svoboda leader Oleh Tyahnybok should be kept 'on the outside.'

"Her plan to sideline Tyahnybok as a post-coup player, however, may be wishful thinking, given the importance of the party in the demonstrations.

Tyahnybok is an anti-Semite who says 'organized Jewry' controls the Ukraine’s media and government, and is planning 'genocide' against Christians. He has turned Svoboda into the fourth-largest party in the country, and, this past December, US Senator John McCain shared a platform and an embrace with Tyahnybok at a rally in Kiev."

The Dark Side of the Ukraine Revolt | The Nation

That...

"elements of the U.S. State Department conspired to overthrow the democratically elected leader of a state on his western border"

is pure conjecture and you know it.

Putin lose yet? Just checking. Seriously though, allow me to sum things up...Putin took Crimea, while Obama took another Vacation. It's a bizarre tale of two leaders. One's a great Chess Player and the other's a mediocre Checkers Player. I'll let you decide for yourself which is which.

Forum List

Back