Kid who put noose on statue of black man gets 6 months in prison

Fine, you don't understand rights or laws and things. That's fine. You go do something stupid and see where it gets you then.

Defacing a statue should NOT get you 6 months in prison. And you do NOT punish a person for crimes other people MAY or may not commit. What the fuck constitution are YOU reading?

But this isn't about defacing a statue, it's about making a statement.

Shouting fire just as you're having fun with a woman shouldn't get you 6 months in prison either. Shouting fire in a crowded theater on the other hand might just do that. You know why right?
Defacing a black statue in a situation which could easily have become a tinderbox, what with what has happened in the US recently, like Ferguson etc, and you have a completely different situation.

And YES you DO punish people for crimes OTHER people may commit.

Treason. You go tell that nice guy down the street that you know someone who's doing something. They then go tell a terrorist who then goes and kills ten people based on the information you just gave. You're not guilty of a crime? Sure you are.

This is stupid and you are a pussy.

If it were so stupid you'd be making an argument as to why, instead of insulting people....... but you're insulting people, so I'd have to ask why.

Because it is a cowardly way of thinking and doing things.

So you're insulting people because "it is a cowardly way of thinking"????

Six months for putting a rope on a statue... that's ridiculous. What do you get for playing hangman? Life? Effing morons.

What if there had been rioting and people had been killed because of this action?

Then the idiots who did the rioting and killed people should be charged for their own crimes.

And they are. You're just not getting the point that someone who incites someone to do things is just as guilty.

Well then, I suppose you think the leader of the New Black Panthers should also be thrown in jail?

Probably. If you show me examples of inciting violence then I'd more than likely say yes.

What about this? Should the police go bust down his door and arrest him and make him serve some prison time?

Fine, you don't understand rights or laws and things. That's fine. You go do something stupid and see where it gets you then.

Defacing a statue should NOT get you 6 months in prison. And you do NOT punish a person for crimes other people MAY or may not commit. What the fuck constitution are YOU reading?

Shouting fire just as you're having fun with a woman shouldn't get you 6 months in prison either. Shouting fire in a crowded theater on the other hand might just do that. You know why right?
Defacing a black statue in a situation which could easily have become a tinderbox, what with what has happened in the US recently, like Ferguson etc, and you have a completely different situation.

Treason. You go tell that nice guy down the street that you know someone who's doing something. They then go tell a terrorist who then goes and kills ten people based on the information you just gave. You're not guilty of a crime? Sure you are.

If it were so stupid you'd be making an argument as to why, instead of insulting people....... but you're insulting people, so I'd have to ask why.

What if there had been rioting and people had been killed because of this action?

Then the idiots who did the rioting and killed people should be charged for their own crimes.

And they are. You're just not getting the point that someone who incites someone to do things is just as guilty.

Well then, I suppose you think the leader of the New Black Panthers should also be thrown in jail?

Probably. If you show me examples of inciting violence then I'd more than likely say yes.

What about this? Should the police go bust down his door and arrest him and make him serve some prison time?

Oh definitely.

In this kids case we should increase the prison population. I still say they should turn him lose in the nearest Black "hood" with a sign chained to him saying he hates Black people.
What's messed up is that you see a real possibility of the guy being harmed for his beliefs.
While it's stupid to hate any particular race, it's even stupider to want to beat someone up because they don't like you.
I have no problem with his beliefs. Its his actions he is being punished for, not his beliefs.
You recommend he walk through a black neighborhood with a sign that voices his belief, suggesting that he would be hurt for it.

How sensitive does someone have to be that they feel the need to hurt someone that doesn't like them?
Since he wants to show disrespect I suggest he be brave and so people dont take him as a wimp. How sensitive does someone have to be to get upset over that?

This is stupid. This is why I won't waste my time arguing with you about an issue such as this. You are totally biased. I can understand why in a way, but this is a harsh punishment for something that was just childish and stupid. IF the boy has some kind of criminal history, then maybe I could understand.
You should never waste your time arguing with me. You will just end up frustrated. Of course I'm biased. He was some inbred white boy desecrating a Black mans statue. I dont see anything else that will teach him a lesson better than going to prison besides someone kicking his ass.

Oh definitely.

Are you suggesting that normally functioning people would go out and murder other people because of what someone else says or does? Or do you think that a person who would act on such suggestions is more than likely mentally ill and could be set off by anything at anytime or anywhere?

If you are going to go this route, then you must realize the POWER such a thing would have and the power and authority it would give government over how we are allowed to even THINK or express ourselves!!!!

In this kids case we should increase the prison population. I still say they should turn him lose in the nearest Black "hood" with a sign chained to him saying he hates Black people.
What's messed up is that you see a real possibility of the guy being harmed for his beliefs.
While it's stupid to hate any particular race, it's even stupider to want to beat someone up because they don't like you.
I have no problem with his beliefs. Its his actions he is being punished for, not his beliefs.

For recreating an historic event?

Others do it all the time. They even recreate shooting one another.

This was only a statue.
Yes. When they learn respect they wont get prison sentences.

No, we don't give people prison sentences because they are perceived as disrespectful here in America. YOU are the one complaining about the police all the time!!! Now, you want them to arrest people for being disrespectful? Ridiculous! You are ridiculous caricature and troll, or just ignorant!
Obviously we do. Thats why the little punk is in prison now. What do the police have to do with it? If someone desecrates a flag or statue thats not on their property their asses should be arrested.

Last edited:

Basically, you want a police state, like a traitor to the American people.

That may be so. However I've not spoken about whether prison is the right punishment, what I've spoken about is that what he did was A) not protected and B) a crime.

And I think 6 months prison time is a punishment that is not fitting to the crime. Do you want to increase or decrease the prison population? Do you want to send people to prison for things like this? Really? That's stupid. The dumb kid should be doing community service and possibly paying some fines.

Why not just say what you REALLY mean? White people should be arrested if they offend you.
White people dont offend me. Why would I want someone to be arrested for offending me anyway?

cuckoo.gif
Six months for putting a rope on a statue... that's ridiculous. What do you get for playing hangman? Life? Effing morons.

People should be responsible for their own actions. Putting a hangman's noose on a political opponent depiction is a time honored tradition. Want to see some photos of democrats doing it to republicans?

Yep, people should be responsible for their actions.This kid is taking responsibility for his actions.

There's a BIG difference between putting a noose on a republican or democrat, and on a black person. In case you didn't do history at school, nooses were used on black people FOR REAL without trial and for racist reasons.
Why? What's the difference? How do you know it was for racist reasons? Cause he was white and it was a black guy on the statue? If it's a white statue it's not racist?
Pretty much. Your logic is correct even though you are too slow to realize it.

People should be responsible for their own actions. Putting a hangman's noose on a political opponent depiction is a time honored tradition. Want to see some photos of democrats doing it to republicans?

Yep, people should be responsible for their actions.This kid is taking responsibility for his actions.

There's a BIG difference between putting a noose on a republican or democrat, and on a black person. In case you didn't do history at school, nooses were used on black people FOR REAL without trial and for racist reasons.

NOOSES have been used on a LOT of people throughout history. Duh.
Stop playing stupid. I know for a fact you are more intelligent than that.

Did they desecrate a statue or damage any property?

Since WHEN does damaging property deserve a 6-month stint in jail??? Unless there were THOUSANDS of dollars in damages, I'm not seeing the logic here.

He is being jailed for 6 months for a MISDEMEANOR! He was charged with a misdemeanor.

Since WHEN does damaging property deserve a 6-month stint in jail??? Unless there were THOUSANDS of dollars in damages, I'm not seeing the logic here.

When the judge handed out the sentence. He actually should have gotten more time. If he had sparked a riot there could have been more than thousands in damage.

He is being jailed for 6 months for a MISDEMEANOR! He was charged with a misdemeanor.

A very stupid and dangerous misdemeanor.

Is there any evidence that the boy is a member of any kind of hate group? Does the boy have any history of violence at all?
I hope you realize, most rappers would be in jail by now. :D
You shouldnt be in jail unless you break the law. Rapping is not against the law. Hell one my favorite rappers Black Thought is on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think thats the dudes name.

A lot of gangster rap songs could be said to be inciting violence. That is a fact.

Forum List

Back