Kid who put noose on statue of black man gets 6 months in prison

Is there any evidence that the boy is a member of any kind of hate group? Does the boy have any history of violence at all?
I hope you realize, most rappers would be in jail by now. :D
You shouldnt be in jail unless you break the law. Rapping is not against the law. Hell one my favorite rappers Black Thought is on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think thats the dudes name.

A lot of gangster rap songs could be said to be inciting violence. That is a fact.
Its only a fact if you go to trial and the judge sentences you. Until then its just your opinion.

The boy doesnt need a history of violence. He was dumb and could have caused violence by his actions not his beliefs.

Is there any evidence that the boy is a member of any kind of hate group? Does the boy have any history of violence at all?
You shouldnt be in jail unless you break the law. Rapping is not against the law. Hell one my favorite rappers Black Thought is on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I think thats the dudes name.

A lot of gangster rap songs could be said to be inciting violence. That is a fact.
Its only a fact if you go to trial and the judge sentences you. Until then its just your opinion.

The boy doesnt need a history of violence. He was dumb and could have caused violence by his actions not his beliefs.

Shut up. The government could use that against anyone about anything, stupid arse.

I guess Ice Tea should have served time for inciting violence against the police?

Shut up. The government could use that against anyone about anything, stupid arse.

I guess Ice Tea should have served time for inciting violence against the police?

I can never get through that song because the guitars irritate me. From what I heard he was professing how much he hates the LA PD and wishes he could kill them. He wasnt inciting anyone. No where in the lyrics does he ask for someone to kill a cop not even himself. Stop being a damn nitwit.

BODY COUNT LYRICS
"Cop Killer"

Cop killer, yeah!

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This shit's been too long
I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off

I'm a cop killer, better you than me
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grieving
(Fuck 'em!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, ha ha

I got my brain on hype
Tonight'll be your night
I got this long-assed knife
And your neck looks just right
My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, better you than me
Cop killer, I know your momma's grieving
(Fuck her!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, yeah!

Die, die, die, pig, die!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Yeah!

Cop killer, better you than me.
I'm a COP KILLER, fuck police brutality!
(Fuck 'em!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, ha ha ha ha, yeah!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Break it down

Fuck the police, yeah!
Fuck the police, for Darryl Gates
Fuck the police, for Rodney King
Fuck the police, for my dead homies
Fuck the police, for your freedom
Fuck the police, don't be a pussy
Fuck the police, have some muthafuckin' courage
Fuck the police, sing along

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!

Cop killer! Whaddyou wanna be when you grow up?
Cop killer! Good choice
Cop killer! I'm a muthafuckin'
Cop killer!

(Fuck her!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

I can never get through that song because the guitars irritate me. From what I heard he was professing how much he hates the LA PD and wishes he could kill them. He wasnt inciting anyone. Stop being a damn nitwit.

What annoys me is when you are so inflamed by your racism, that you would actually advocate for a police state. Put your issue aside and look at the bigger picture here and exactly WHAT it is you are advocating for. As citizens, black, white or purple, we all need to stick together on shit like this. This "crime" is certainly not worth a 6-month jail sentence, even if you are offended by it! That is going too far!

Think! This is exactly WHY freedom of speech was included in our constitution, to protect us against the government so we are free to have our own thoughts and expressions! You must know how the government is about "drawing lines."

I can never get through that song because the guitars irritate me. From what I heard he was professing how much he hates the LA PD and wishes he could kill them. He wasnt inciting anyone. Stop being a damn nitwit.

What annoys me is when you are so inflamed by your racism, that you would actually advocate for a police state. Put your issue aside and look at the bigger picture here and exactly WHAT it is you are advocating for. As citizens, black, white or purple, we all need to stick together on shit like this. This "crime" is certainly not worth a 6-month jail sentence, even if you are offended by it! That is going too far!

Youre arguing again even when you said you wouldn't. Your opinion is noted but my opinion is more important to me than yours. I dont advocate for a police state. I hate cops. I said they little prick should have gotten more time or gotten his ass beat. I'm fine with either one that teaches him respect.

I can never get through that song because the guitars irritate me. From what I heard he was professing how much he hates the LA PD and wishes he could kill them. He wasnt inciting anyone. No where in the lyrics does he ask for someone to kill a cop not even himself. Stop being a damn nitwit.

BODY COUNT LYRICS
"Cop Killer"

Cop killer, yeah!

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on

(Fuck 'em!)

I got my brain on hype
Tonight'll be your night
My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'

(Fuck her!)

Die, die, die, pig, die!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Yeah!

(Fuck 'em!)

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Break it down

Fuck the police, yeah!

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!

Cop killer! Good choice
Cop killer!

(Fuck her!)

Can anyone really be as stupid as you? I'm being serious.

Youre arguing again even when you said you wouldn't. Your opinion is noted but my opinion is more important to me than yours. I dont advocate for a police state. I hate cops. I said they little prick should have gotten more time or gotten his ass beat. I'm fine with either one that teaches him respect.

Another stupid and ignorant comment that shows how little you understand how complicated these little issues can be. To you, it's all about black versus white. That is the ONLY way you can think.

Think! This is exactly WHY freedom of speech was included in our constitution, to protect us against the government so we are free to have our own thoughts and expressions! You must know how the government is about "drawing lines."
I wouldnt copy of shootspeeders if I were you. Like many people you get it wrong. The freedom of speech doesnt protect you from consequences. Putting a noose on a statue that doesnt belong to you is vandalism.

BODY COUNT LYRICS
"Cop Killer"

Cop killer, yeah!

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on

(Fuck 'em!)

I got my brain on hype
Tonight'll be your night
My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'

(Fuck her!)

Die, die, die, pig, die!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Yeah!

(Fuck 'em!)

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!

Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Fuck the police!
Break it down

Fuck the police, yeah!

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!

Cop killer! Good choice
Cop killer!

(Fuck her!)

Can anyone really be as stupid as you? I'm being serious.

You are doing a good job being more stupid than I. Youre trying to equate vandalism and desecration to free speech. Thats pretty stupid.

I wouldnt copy of shootspeeders if I were you. Like many people you get it wrong. The freedom of speech doesnt protect you from consequences. Putting a noose on a statue that doesnt belong to you is vandalism.

Shut up and listen for once. Back in the days when the founders came here, they were escaping from exactly such things!!! Idiot! Back then, their government could throw them in jail for thinking a certain way and for expressing themselves in a certain way! Not only that, but they could torture and kill people, and that is what they did! It didn't matter if you were black or white! Tard!

Another stupid and ignorant comment that shows how little you understand how complicated these little issues can be. To you, it's all about black versus white. That is the ONLY way you can think.

I like when you tell me how I think. Its like you fancy yourself a mind reader. This always makes my day. :laugh:

Shut up and listen for once. Back in the days when the founders came here, they were escaping from exactly such things!!! Idiot! Back then, their government could throw them in jail for thinking a certain way and for expressing themselves in a certain way! Not only that, but they could torture and kill people, and that is what they did! It didn't matter if you were black or white! Tard!
Yeah I know all about how the hypocrites left europe then proceeded to set up a society that mirrored the one they left except this time they were in power and other people were on the bottom. Why you think this history lesson is important is beyond me. He didnt own the statue and he vandalized it. He got what he deserved and actually got off light.

And they are. You're just not getting the point that someone who incites someone to do things is just as guilty.

Well then, I suppose you think the leader of the New Black Panthers should also be thrown in jail?

Probably. If you show me examples of inciting violence then I'd more than likely say yes.

What about this? Should the police go bust down his door and arrest him and make him serve some prison time?

Oh definitely.

Are you suggesting that normally functioning people would go out and murder other people because of what someone else says or does? Or do you think that a person who would act on such suggestions is more than likely mentally ill and could be set off by anything at anytime or anywhere?

If you are going to go this route, then you must realize the POWER such a thing would have and the power and authority it would give government over how we are allowed to even THINK or express ourselves!!!!

Yes, I am. I only need show you Nazi Germany as a perfect example of this.

They've done psychological tests on people and found that people will do what they're told.

I could point to Rwanda, Burundi, former Yugoslavia, Cambodia and many, MANY other places where "normal functioning people" went out and murdered other people. It's sad, but it happens.

However with general society many people do have self control. But some don't. If you incite a slightly mentally ill person to go kill people, and they go kill someone, are you not guilty?

Yeah I know all about how the hypocrites left europe then proceeded to set up a society that mirrored the one they left except this time they were in power and other people were on the bottom. Why you think this history lesson is important is beyond me. He didnt own the statue and he vandalized it. He got what he deserved and actually got off light.

Well then, I can just write you off as another partisan hack tard who will not listen to reason.

But this isn't about defacing a statue, it's about making a statement.

Shouting fire just as you're having fun with a woman shouldn't get you 6 months in prison either. Shouting fire in a crowded theater on the other hand might just do that. You know why right?
Defacing a black statue in a situation which could easily have become a tinderbox, what with what has happened in the US recently, like Ferguson etc, and you have a completely different situation.

And YES you DO punish people for crimes OTHER people may commit.

Treason. You go tell that nice guy down the street that you know someone who's doing something. They then go tell a terrorist who then goes and kills ten people based on the information you just gave. You're not guilty of a crime? Sure you are.

This is stupid and you are a pussy.

If it were so stupid you'd be making an argument as to why, instead of insulting people....... but you're insulting people, so I'd have to ask why.

Because it is a cowardly way of thinking and doing things.

So you're insulting people because "it is a cowardly way of thinking"????

Basically, you want a police state, like a traitor to the American people.

Basically you're attacking again and not making a point at all. Knock it off, this is getting ridiculous and I don't tend to put up with such crap.

Well then, I can just write you off as another partisan hack tard who will not listen to reason.
From what I remember you already did that. Kinda makes you look stupid for arguing with me doesnt it?

Well then, I suppose you think the leader of the New Black Panthers should also be thrown in jail?

Probably. If you show me examples of inciting violence then I'd more than likely say yes.

What about this? Should the police go bust down his door and arrest him and make him serve some prison time?

Oh definitely.

Are you suggesting that normally functioning people would go out and murder other people because of what someone else says or does? Or do you think that a person who would act on such suggestions is more than likely mentally ill and could be set off by anything at anytime or anywhere?

If you are going to go this route, then you must realize the POWER such a thing would have and the power and authority it would give government over how we are allowed to even THINK or express ourselves!!!!

Yes, I am. I only need show you Nazi Germany as a perfect example of this.

They've done psychological tests on people and found that people will do what they're told.

I could point to Rwanda, Burundi, former Yugoslavia, Cambodia and many, MANY other places where "normal functioning people" went out and murdered other people. It's sad, but it happens.

However with general society many people do have self control. But some don't. If you incite a slightly mentally ill person to go kill people, and they go kill someone, are you not guilty?

That is completely different circumstances, places, situations! Apples and oranges! This kid hung a noose on a statue. Nothing more. Nobody was killed, and hanging a noose on a statue does not mean that a person wants that to happen. Just like Ice Tea doesn't necessarily want to kill any cops.

This is stupid and you are a pussy.

If it were so stupid you'd be making an argument as to why, instead of insulting people....... but you're insulting people, so I'd have to ask why.

Because it is a cowardly way of thinking and doing things.

So you're insulting people because "it is a cowardly way of thinking"????

Basically, you want a police state, like a traitor to the American people.

Basically you're attacking again and not making a point at all. Knock it off, this is getting ridiculous and I don't tend to put up with such crap.
When she has no valid premise...she attacks out of frustration.

He's not as stupid as he appears to be. He's just trolling you. Hint: if it looks and smells like bait ... don't eat it.

Forum List

Back