🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids Don't Belong To Their Parents?

Here's the whole quote:

“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we’ve always had kind of a private notion of children: your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children. So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities,”

And...what is to disagree with?

Regardless of whether or not she thinks children don't belong to their parents, she proved herself to be an immense ignoramus. We've never invested enough in public education??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We spend more money than any other country in the world on it. In fact, education funding has tripled since the 1970s and the results have actually declined. Another ideologue who has no idea what she's talking about.

LOL another randian

I'm not a Randian, I've never read a single book by Ayn Rand. She has intelligent critiques and good arguments so I use them.

"She has intelligent critiques and good arguements so I use them.?" Ahh this sentence speaks volumes.:)

There is no shame in admitting that an expert can make the case better than myself. What speaks volumes is that no one can refute her argument.

Here's the whole quote:

“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we’ve always had kind of a private notion of children: your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children. So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities,”

Regardless of whether or not she thinks children don't belong to their parents, she proved herself to be an immense ignoramus. We've never invested enough in public education??

We spend more money than any other country in the world on it. In fact, education funding has tripled since the 1970s and the results have actually declined. Another ideologue who has no idea what she's talking about.

Perhaps we should invest more time instead of more money?

Ah shit what am I talking about, money buys us everything, love for instance......:eusa_whistle:

I think that when you send your kids off to school you are giving up part of them to the community. Same thing with TV and other interactive media. But then again unless you're a hermit family and you birthed your children in a cave, you are part of the community too.

Now I like how Faux turned the idea of a loving an caring community into something...ah well Fauxrageous.

But the Fauxrageousness echos throughout the chambers........

Last edited:
Here's the whole quote:

Fact: of all the nations we are compared with, we treat our teachers WORSE than any of the others (and I am not talking money here)

Fact: of all the nations we are compared with, we measure ALL our students in testing while the others only measure their college bound

Fact: we do not track....they do

Fact: our school days/weeks/years are short than the countries we are compared to.

If we want to compete, we should set up our schooling system like Japan, South Korea, Germany, Finland, etc.

But......the American parent will never consent.

A good response to the "village idiot" Perry

SNIP:

It Takes A Village Idiot To Say Kids Belong To State

Posted 06:35 PM ET
Family: An MSNBC contributor revisits the statist notion that while you gave birth to your children and feed and clothe them, they are only on loan to you by their true parent — a benevolent and all-knowing government.

Melissa Harris-Perry, an African-American professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state, something we thought history would teach her is a bad thing, saying in a promo for MSNBC that "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children," Harris-Perry opined.

Our children? It is an idea most famously expressed in recent years by Hillary Clinton in her 1990s best-seller, "It Takes A Village," but it is hardly a new idea.

Collectivists throughout history have said that children do and should belong to the state and that if you control the children, you control the future.

One well-known collectivist echoed such sentiments when he said, "Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state. The state will take youth and give to youth its own education and its own upbringing. Your child belongs to us already... what are you?"

So said Adolf Hitler, who founded a sate-run youth group that bore his name.

all of it here
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry Says Kids Belong To The State - Investors.com
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Oh, I get it now. 'Collectivist' is anyone not liked.

Too bad; the word used to have meaning.

yes the sociopathic party wants to remind you that if you think society cares about the children in it you are a near criminal.

When will the right realize that tossing insult onto people for caring about their fellow man will not win them elections anymore?

You just keep picking up that shovel and digging huh?

You are already veiwed as the heartless Rich guy party.

So how do you go about sloving that one?

You trash a very nice lady for caring about the children of other Americans and wanting to see them treated as valuble by our society.

can you dweebs EVER get anything right?

I heard again today Obama wants to take your FOUR OLDS and make them go to school

why can't they just BE KIDS?

I heard again today Obama wants to take your FOUR OLDS and make them go to school

why can't they just BE KIDS?

Why can't you just stop lying would be a better question.

Not my fault you don't keep up with what's going ON with your beloved Dear leader...This man is EVIL...AND of course folks we see his dear children goes to A PRIVATE SCHOOL

snip:

Obama: Put Nation's 4-Year-Olds in ‘Public Preschool;' Will Save on ‘Child-Care Costs'

April 10, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Terence P. Jeffrey

Subscribe to Terence P. Jeffrey RSS

58 20

President Barack Obama (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

(CNSNews.com) - In the message he issued along with his budget proposal on Wednesday morning, President Barack Obama said he wants to see 4-year-old children in the United States enrolled in public schools.

Obama said America needs to start enrolling 4-year-olds to make sure the children are “better prepared for the demands of the global economy” and to help parents save on "child-care costs."

After saying the United States needs to “equip our citizens with the skills and training” to fill jobs in manufacturing, energy and infrastructure, Obama said, “And that has to start at the earliest possible age.”

Too few American 4-year-olds are enrolled in school, the president argued.

all of it here
Obama: Put Nation's 4-Year-Olds in ?Public Preschool;' Will Save on ?Child-Care Costs' | CNS News

Last edited:
Making it available isn't forcing them, stupie. Maybe if you'd had the opportunity to go to pre-k you wouldn't be so ignorant.

Making it available isn't forcing them, stupie. Maybe if you'd had the opportunity to go to pre-k you wouldn't be so ignorant.

Maybe if you had been taught some manners in your home you wouldn't come off looking like a witch

Last edited:

Forum List

Back